HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Injury Report: Cory Murphy's season likely over (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=620739)

TheDaysOf 04 03-18-2009 12:14 PM

Cory Murphy's season likely over

http://blogs.tampabay.com/lightning/...kely-over.html

Quote:

As if the Lightning's battered defense needs more bad news, Cory Murphy is expected to be sidelined three to four weeks with a broken right foot, the team said. Given where we're at in the season, Murphy may not play again.
http://blogs.tampabay.com/lightning/...efenseman.html

before the game yesterday
Quote:

Tocchet also praised defenseman Cory Murphy, and though he admitted it was an "unfair comparison," compared him to Anaheim's Scott Neidermayer. "He's done an outstanding job for us the past five or six games," Tocchet said. "He's not just at the point. He's all over the map. It makes it a headache (for the opposition) because they don't know where he is."
:cry: get better soon Cory Murphy

gobolt7 03-18-2009 12:16 PM

Great...just what this team needeed...

Untamable 03-18-2009 12:17 PM

I was just about to post this! You crazy mind reader you.

Now WTH are we supposed to do? No Cory Murphy? We are doomed!!! On the up-side... that means I get to meet him at one of the last games. Sweet.

BadHammy* 03-18-2009 12:18 PM

Even though I'm technically a forward, I'm eligible to play at defenseman. But not until next week because I'm injured...

Going Back to Cally 03-18-2009 12:20 PM

Murphy gets hurt and Patrick Roy loses the wins record on St Patricks day.

Leave the Irish aloneee
Posted via Mobile Device

Untamable 03-18-2009 12:22 PM

Hmmmm... I wonder what Cory's secret motive is behind this? I mean, we all know he could just will his foot to be healed and that would be that. He must have some secret plan.

Maybe he broke his own foot to make Vinny look good? Like Vinny's slapshots are so fierce they can break a man's foot through his skate.

RussianGuyovich 03-18-2009 12:29 PM

errant roundhouse kick, is my best guess

Felonious Python 03-18-2009 02:05 PM

NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cory Murphy's one weakness! Turns out he's invincible, except where his mom held him when he was dipped in the river Styx.

On the bright side, he gets to spend more time with his bay-bay.

TheDaysOf 04 03-18-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felonious Python (Post 18592982)
NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cory Murphy's one weakness! Turns out he's invincible, except where his mom held him when he was dipped in the river Styx.

On the bright side, he gets to spend more time with his bay-bay.

He's just like Achilles. Invulnerable everywhere except for a small part of his foot. The only difference is Murphy won't die from this.

Going Back to Cally 03-18-2009 02:32 PM

I guess the plus side is Lashoff is about to get tons of PP time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Maria 03-18-2009 02:51 PM

Jezz this team has bad luck, not they're hurting each other :shakehead

get well Cory :shakehead

Yzerplan 03-18-2009 03:41 PM

Murphy isn't really injured, hes just being nice and letting some other guys get icetime, as everyone knows Murphy's spot on the roster next season goes without saying.

Felonious Python 03-18-2009 07:10 PM

I'm calling it now. 8:10pm on the east coast. If someone is called up not named Mike Lundin, he has already played his last game in a Lightning sweater.

TheDaysOf 04 03-18-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felonious Python (Post 18597596)
I'm calling it now. 8:10pm on the east coast. If someone is called up not named Matt Lundin, he has already played his last game in a Lightning sweater.

Mike Lundin you mean;)

it will probably be Melichar or if we are lucky Mihalik

Felonious Python 03-18-2009 07:32 PM

I'm thinking that this is the make or break time for management to decide Lundin's future in Tampa.

He hasn't been recalled partly because of the probability they would need him to clear waivers again. There are 12 games left in the season. He'd need to be on the team for 10 of them before he'd need to clear again. Two game difference, big whoop.

The 30 days issue is also non existent because there's less than that left in the Lightning season. Today, March 18-April 11.

If the Lightning really see him as a player for them next year, I'd believe they recall him now (tomorrow really) to get him NHL minutes and on the team practice regimen.

Edit: (Unless he qualifies for re-call waivers, then I retract this statement)

The Fear Boners 03-18-2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felonious Python (Post 18597994)
I'm thinking that this is the make or break time for management to decide Lundin's future in Tampa.

Not at all.

BadHammy* 03-18-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 18593319)
I guess the plus side is Lashoff is about to get tons of PP time.
Posted via Mobile Device

I see this as good news for the long run.

Sear91 03-18-2009 10:42 PM

I guess they need to make sure the next time they dip someone into the River Styx, its the WHOLE body...

bassassin 03-19-2009 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felonious Python (Post 18597994)

He hasn't been recalled partly because of the probability they would need him to clear waivers again. There are 12 games left in the season. He'd need to be on the team for 10 of them before he'd need to clear again. Two game difference, big whoop.

The 30 days issue is also non existent because there's less than that left in the Lightning season. Today, March 18-April 11.

If the Lightning really see him as a player for them next year, I'd believe they recall him now (tomorrow really) to get him NHL minutes and on the team practice regimen.

Edit: (Unless he qualifies for re-call waivers, then I retract this statement)

They paid him some kind of bonus earlier in the year, so he qualifies for re-entry waivers. That is why we havent seen him.

Jon Jordan 03-19-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman (Post 18594419)
Murphy isn't really injured, hes just being nice and letting some other guys get icetime, as everyone knows Murphy's spot on the roster next season goes without saying.

Well, it should be ...

You know I'm in Murph's corner!

JJ

Bolt32 03-19-2009 11:04 AM

It blows, they should have a rule for after the trade deadline you dont have to clear waviers to get called up.

Yzerplan 03-19-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felonious Python (Post 18597596)
I'm calling it now. 8:10pm on the east coast. If someone is called up not named Mike Lundin, he has already played his last game in a Lightning sweater.

if the Lightning recall Lundin right now he has to pass through re-entry waivers first and they arent going to lose him like that.

Tokala 03-19-2009 01:07 PM

Melichar has been called up. Melichar called up

WreckItRask 03-19-2009 03:51 PM

Too bad for Murph. The lightning PP was becoming a well oiled machine in the past two months with him running it. As a B's fan, I hope you're not banking on Lashoff sliding into that role with the same effectiveness.

The Fear Boners 03-19-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neely06 (Post 18610325)
Too bad for Murph. The lightning PP was becoming a well oiled machine in the past two months with him running it. As a B's fan, I hope you're not banking on Lashoff sliding into that role with the same effectiveness.

We've been banking on losing since Melrose was named head coach.