HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   OT: Los Angeles Angels (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=620860)

Kingjordan 03-18-2009 05:52 PM

Los Angeles Angels

Any Angels fans in here besides me?? As much as I am an Angels fan and we are going to win the division I am not excited about this season. Angels did nothing to impove and losing Tex to the Yankees sucks. Only thing that is going to save us in the playoffs is out pitching if it holds up.

KopitarFAN 03-18-2009 06:09 PM

Nope, **** the angels

GO BLUE

Kingjordan 03-18-2009 06:13 PM

I am sorry if the Dodgers where in the AL they would stuggle big time.

RonSwanson* 03-18-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingjordan (Post 18596537)

FAIL

The Angels benefit from playing in the weakest division in baseball.

The Mariners, A's, and Rangers are horrible and made no attempts to improve.

You said it yourself... the Angels actually got worse this season yet they will still win their division.

I can say with certainty that the Dodgers would not struggle in the AL West. In fact, they could win it.

Buddy The Elf 03-18-2009 06:26 PM

I don't like the Angels but I like going to the games and hanging out on the patio in the outfield. I love the history of Dodger stadium but it could use some serious renovations starting with the bathrooms and the gang clientel. I'll go to see both teams play though. I'm not really partial to either one but the Angels have a very big bandwagon which is really annoying and there is always the threat of violence at Dodger Stadium. But I guess that makes it exciting! I go to Angel games more because they are closer, cheaper and you can actually drink a beer (gasp!) in the parking lot.

baxterbarton 03-18-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adevandry (Post 18596694)
FAIL

The Angels benefit from playing in the weakest division in baseball.

The Mariners, A's, and Rangers are horrible and made no tempts to improve.

You said it yourself... the Angels actually got worse this season yet they will still win their division.

I can say with certainty that the Dodgers would not struggle in the AL West. In fact, they could win it.

lak4ever 03-18-2009 06:30 PM

Angles suck :sarcasm:

redcard 03-18-2009 06:34 PM

I find that when the already attractive orange county girls at angels games are disappointed or sad, they're even more attractive. Hence why I always root for an angel's loss. Same goes (along with other obvious confounding reasons) for duck fans.

DAkings20 03-18-2009 06:39 PM

First off lets be honest here they are the Anaheim Angels, not the ****ing LA Angles. LA is reserved for one baseball team in cali and its the dodgers. It's all about the blue.

RonSwanson* 03-18-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxterbarton (Post 18596816)

Thanks for your great explanation. :shakehead Typical of Angels fans.

Kingjordan 03-18-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAkings20 (Post 18597070)
First off lets be honest here they are the Anaheim Angels, not the ****ing LA Angles. LA is reserved for one baseball team in cali and its the dodgers. It's all about the blue.

Actually the Angels are the 1st team in Los Angeles then the Dodgers came. Thats where you get the name the Angels.

AL West is better than the NL West.

A's got the Rockies best player in Holliday (CO is a bad team)
Texas with Hamilton are better.
Giants suck bad only reason they are respectable is because they have one of best pitched in NL
Padres did nothing and will probably trade there best player in Peavy.

NL west is bad.

and that is just in division....AL has Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, Tigers, Indians, White Sox, ...AL is just tougher than NL any Day

MJones31 03-18-2009 07:06 PM

I think that Oakland is going to win that division. They got Matt Holliday, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, and Orlando Cabrera.

P.S. GO BLUE!!

RonSwanson* 03-18-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingjordan (Post 18597417)
Actually the Angels are the 1st team in Los Angeles then the Dodgers came. Thats where you get the name the Angels.

Wrong again. Angels started playing in 1961. Dodgers were already in L.A. in 1958.

The Angels even had to use Dodger Stadium to play in while they were building their own stadium.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingjordan (Post 18597417)
AL West is better than the NL West.

A's got the Rockies best player in Holliday (CO is a bad team)
Texas with Hamilton are better.
Giants suck bad only reason they are respectable is because they have one of best pitched in NL
Padres did nothing and will probably trade there best player in Peavy.

NL west is bad.

and that is just in division....AL has Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, Tigers, Indians, White Sox, ...AL is just tougher than NL any Day

You're a funny guy.

If you don't mind me asking... how old are you? Did you watch baseball before 2002?

Fat Elvis 03-18-2009 09:57 PM

I grew up rooting for both teams. LA had Garvey, Lopes, Russel, Cey and Yeager (Fergison, Oats) and we're a lot of fun to watch with Tommy at the helm. I still have most of their cards.

Growing up in OC, I went to a lot of Angels games. Nolan and Tanana were always fun to watch and they usually drew well when they pitched. I saw one no hitter of Nolan Ryan. Their infield changed a lot with such stars as Dave Chalk, Ron Jackson and Dickie Thon.

Now, I don't make the drive very often to Dodger's games. Vin is the man and I can listen to that guy talk about grass growing and it'd be great. There history is a long one.

I make it to a few Angel games and tend to catch a few more of their games on TV. Before Interleague play I thought I could be a fan of both teams knowing that the chance of them ever meeting up in the WS would be remote. I still root for both teams even though it's no longer kosher to do so. I think both teams should make the playoffs with the Angels depth being deeper at most positions. The Blue could be hurt by a couple injuries, but playing San Diego should help rack up some W's.

br3ds0x 03-18-2009 10:26 PM

Red sox fan....
But hate the angels, and have been rooting for the dodgers a lot more lately since I moved back and still a big manny fan so that helps.
Went to the red sox dodgers game last season, and let's just say I would never do that again..never been so scared in my life for the two innings I ended up staying for

Zad 03-18-2009 10:28 PM

I don't like basketball.

FROLOV24 03-18-2009 10:55 PM

Who are the "Los Angeles" Angels? Aren't they in Anaheim?

Kopi The King 03-18-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingjordan (Post 18596537)

The AL is so damn pampered with that DH roll. It's so lame that they even have that stupid rule in place! how would the Los Angeles of Anaheim team do if their pitchers had to bat!?!

Kopi The King 03-18-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zad (Post 18601039)
I don't like basketball.

Watch the Lakers, now that is a team that does not disappoint. I'm sure you have seen the Gold bright banners on the rafters when you go to Kings game....no? :nod: :nod: :nod:

kingsholygrail 03-18-2009 11:26 PM

The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? :sarcasm:

Roxo 03-18-2009 11:53 PM

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1237438332

Willard 03-19-2009 12:23 AM

Don't you mean The El Pueblo Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula Angels del Pueblo de Anaheim de California?

JMFJ 3 03-19-2009 12:36 AM

I hate the fact that some Kings fans are Angel fans, makes me die alittle inside.

backhander 03-19-2009 03:28 AM

Long time Angels fan going back to the Big A with Joyner, Downing, Boone, Schofield, Witt to name a few...those days the angels lost. i was fortunate enough to be at the WS game 7 when the halos won it all...So I am hopin' in my lifetime to see the Cup in LA as a long time Forum attending Kings fan...wouldn't it be cool to see a guy like Foxie play in today's game? maybe a shift :sarcasm:

dodger blue makes me ill :help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

Telos 03-19-2009 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KopitarFAN (Post 18596424)
Nope, **** the angels

GO BLUE

+1, what he said.