HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: RDS Zone de match (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=620913)

habs1988 03-18-2009 08:22 PM

RDS Zone de match

Hey!

I would like to know if it works well. You know, this is the new live stream from RDS.

I would like to know, whoever used it, if the quality is good and if there are some lags.

Thanks

Le Tricolore 03-18-2009 08:31 PM

ThaDevilGirl uses it. She's complained that it's sometimes laggy.

PyrettaBlaze 03-18-2009 08:36 PM

I never personally used it, but I heard it was laggy as well.

ThaDevilGirl 03-18-2009 08:49 PM

It sucks. The quality should be a lot better for the price we had to pay.

Turtleneck Plek 03-18-2009 09:12 PM

I watch every game with it as I'm in France.

The quality is ok if you have good bandwith, but the low quality setting is rather bad. That being said, with ATDHE not really showing the games anymore, it's better than nothing. I wouldn't say it sucks, cause it rarely lags for me, but if you gotta watch on low quality don't expect a great image.

Macs 03-18-2009 10:38 PM

Last night game was on atdhe!

TomPlex 03-18-2009 10:56 PM

Don't listen to these guys. If that's the only means you have to watch the game, it's DEFINITELY more than serviceable and it's definitely worth the money. I'd give the quality (full screen) a 7/10 with a good connection.

freakerz 03-19-2009 07:19 AM

Only problem I have with it is... it looks like it was developed by some kid from 1996...

Compared to NHL.com where I paid like double the price to see ALL NHL games... it has AWESOME stats AND live chat (no limit of people or different rooms...)

But like TomPlex said, if you like hockey and can't get the games anywhere... you don't have a choice, and it's good quality (not 1200kbps, but I bet it's 700kbps).

TomPlex 03-24-2009 07:28 PM

They've recently added a 1.5 MBPS capability. For $3.37 tax in, it's DEFINITELY worth it at this stage. No one can argue that.

EDIT: Apparently it's only for the 3 remaining Tuesday games of the season. I can only imagine that they will provide that speed for the following season.

"Pour les 3 derniers méchants mardis de la saison régulière, nous vous offrons un nouveau flux HAUTE QUALITÉ à 1.5Mo/sec. Ce flux sera encodé à une résolution de 960x540 à partir de notre source HD numérique. Ce qui le rend parfait pour le mode plein écran, surtout si vous disposez d'un écran panoramique 16:9!
Assurez-vous d'avoir une connexion d'au moins 3Mo/s et que votre allocation de téléchargement le permet, car il consommera près de 2 gigaoctets pour un match de 3hres."

Chomsky 03-24-2009 07:31 PM

New HD feed, I'm reallllly happy right now. :D

danboulie 03-24-2009 08:04 PM

I've used it several times. I've got a decent connection, so the video never really lagged for me. As mentionned before, if you have no other means to see the game, it's definitely worth it. The high quality (not the 1.5MB one that was also mentionned) is a good picture. Check atdhe, and if it isn't there, then ordering zone de match is a good choice.

ThaDevilGirl 03-24-2009 09:24 PM

the 1.5Mb feed is amazing

Thinkbig 03-24-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 18695401)
the 1.5Mb feed is amazing

HD on rds.ca?

EDIT: NVM, I just read the previous post.

CarrePrisme 03-24-2009 11:15 PM

I use it every now and then.

I do not have (and do not want) a TV in my place so it comes in handy when I want to watch the game at home. I usually go to a pub. There are dozens of bars around my place. :)

It's 3$ a game or 30$ for the whole season. Some say it's expensive. But when you think about it, you have to pay for a pricey monthly package to get RDS on cable. Not to mention owning a decent TV.

The payment system is pretty simple except that the system doesn't record your personal and billing info if you pay one game at the time. You have to register everytime. I prefer it that way and it's fast anyway.

I've seen no glitches so far and it doesn't lag where I am. The quality isn't very good (though another user pointed out they offer HQ). But the absence of loud annoying publicity (one of the reasons I don't own a TV) makes up for it. All you get is a boring image of a Bell ad.

Chomsky 03-24-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinkbig (Post 18695548)
HD on rds.ca?

EDIT: NVM, I just read the previous post.

It is in HD format.

furax 04-16-2009 02:35 PM

Sorry for bumping a old thread... i'm trying to figure out how i'm gonna watch the game. I was living in europe (stockholm and london), so i bought the year package on zone de match rds. Now i moved to new york about 2 months ago and obivously i can't use it anymore.

Anyone can recommend a way to get it to work (tried some proxies and vpns with no success) or some other alternatives that have good quality (i don't mind paying). Or in the worst case any sport bar in the lower part of manhattan to recommend?

Hockey Joe 04-16-2009 05:50 PM

Why can't you use it? And isn't the game on cbc.ca?

I've tried RDS it a few times and the video froze a second or two every few seconds. It was unwatchable. I missed every single goal of the game on the first try. My connection is plenty fast. I blame the Windôze Media they use. I've tried GameCenter with Hotspot Shield lately and it's been working fine so far.

TomPlex 04-16-2009 05:57 PM

It's not available in the US. Same goes with CBC.

Thinkbig 04-16-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomPlex (Post 19095648)
It's not available in the US. Same goes with CBC.

Not available in the US?? That's really lame... RDS :shakehead

Try this, you will find what you need: http://www.myp2pforum.eu/nhl-icehock...s-day-2-a.html

TomPlex 04-16-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinkbig (Post 19095784)
Not available in the US?? That's really lame... RDS :shakehead

Try this, you will find what you need: http://www.myp2pforum.eu/nhl-icehock...s-day-2-a.html

More like NHL Centre Ice :shakehead

Thinkbig 04-16-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomPlex (Post 19095801)
More like NHL Centre Ice :shakehead

Why do they do this?

ari1160 04-16-2009 10:54 PM

the 1.50 MB is good but not the one at 750 kb, but if its the only way you can watch it then get it. also cbc shows it live for free as well but its not that great quality.