HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Would you ever bring carbo back in the organization? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=621005)

Kingbobert 03-18-2009 11:22 PM

Would you ever bring carbo back in the organization?

I defended Carbo, but near the end, i saw that he had lost it. No system was present anymore.
However, carbo has a tremendous hockey IQ (not anyone has the guts to demand to shadow forsberg and gretzky and do it succesfully), the kind that any team could use as support.

With that, i would bring him back. I dont think i would bring him back as a head coach, however i think carbo made and will make an amazing assistant or video analyst.

All his downfalls as a coach would not affect him in a lesser role

Player 61 03-18-2009 11:36 PM

Yes, because he's a good Montreal'er, but not anytime soon.

Go Habs Go 03-18-2009 11:37 PM

The question is, how long will it take next time until he gets ran out of town again.

Artyukhin* 03-18-2009 11:46 PM

general manager -Carbo

Headcoach -Steve Begin

i just get this feeling

Le Tricolore 03-18-2009 11:54 PM

4th line centre.

Axeshun 03-18-2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 18602088)

general manager -Carbo

Headcoach -Steve Begin

i just get this feeling

Obviously you've lost your mind.

:shakehead

Steve Begin as a HC? No way, he's got at least 3 or 4 more years left in the tank. I suspect Brisbois will call it quits and become the HC next year.

JHabs 03-19-2009 12:09 AM

Yes I would, hes an awesome guy, and I love his personality. It just wasn't his time.

WhiskeySeven 03-19-2009 12:33 AM

In a heartbeat, I never wanted him gone!

When I got a text from my friend who said "Carbo fired!!!" the first thing I asked was "Is he still with us?"

Carbo is a winner and a Canadien. Even if he was Assistant GM or something, we'd be better off with him.

I still wanna see him coach.

marc88 03-19-2009 12:48 AM

something tells me he ends up in dallas...

Frankenheimer 03-19-2009 12:56 AM

You can never go home again

Sined 03-19-2009 02:06 AM

Whether I would or wouldn't is irrelevant, but I have a feeling Gainey's got something in mind.

Artyukhin* 03-19-2009 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeiKostitsyn74 (Post 18602165)
Obviously you've lost your mind.

:shakehead

Steve Begin as a HC? No way, he's got at least 3 or 4 more years left in the tank. I suspect Brisbois will call it quits and become the HC next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye8mB6VsUHw

Kingbobert 03-19-2009 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sined (Post 18603041)
Whether I would or wouldn't is irrelevant, but I have a feeling Gainey's got something in mind.

thats my feeling aswell
i think he had several talks with him, and thought he has to do this to try and boost the team
next year he weeds out the problems and gives carbo something since he's under contract for 3 years anyway

Miller Time 03-19-2009 03:52 AM

Don lever's translator :D

ECWHSWI 03-19-2009 05:16 AM

Why not, didnt like him as a coach but it doesnt mean he couldnt succeed in other areas.

Psycho Papa Joe 03-19-2009 06:55 AM

Yes. He's still under contract, so might as well get the most out of the money the Habs are paying him to not coach. He's still a good hockey man.

AH 03-19-2009 08:11 AM

Something tells me he is our next GM.

Belso 03-19-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingbobert (Post 18601795)
I defended Carbo, but near the end, i saw that he had lost it. No system was present anymore.
However, carbo has a tremendous hockey IQ (not anyone has the guts to demand to shadow forsberg and gretzky and do it succesfully), the kind that any team could use as support.

With that, i would bring him back. I dont think i would bring him back as a head coach, however i think carbo made and will make an amazing assistant or video analyst.

All his downfalls as a coach would not affect him in a lesser role

I defended Carbo but this season, there were a lot of decisions I didn't agree with. I also agree that unless there's something really wrong with all the players, they let way too much shots on nets. and that's more then just system. Whatever they were practicing, they weren't taking care of this issue under Carbo..

Now you made a comment about him as assistant. let's look at these facts...
  1. Carbo is still being paid by the Habs
  2. Carbo loves the Habs
  3. Carbo is very dedicated to winning
  4. Carbo did a great job in the past as an assistant coach

So sure. I'd have him back as assistant or even management. But he may not want to come back in those positions. If he's offered a head coaching job in Dallas, St-Louis or any other team that fires their coach during the summer, I think he'll take it..

habsrock60 03-19-2009 09:40 AM

For sure. Carbo has an immense hockey IQ and is a class act. An Associate coach would be a great position for him.

mabus 03-19-2009 09:48 AM

I dunno, his incompetance as coach makes me question his ability to properly assess talent. His constant benching of begin for example, using Dandenault as a forward... I'm not sure how much I could trust his ability to assess talent.

Maybe in 10 years or so assuming he spends the time on other teams learning and gaining experiance. I don't think he's ready today though.

Jigger77 03-19-2009 09:51 AM

Put him in the scouting deptartment. I know Trevor Timmins is loved around here but he has a knack for finding mid-range talent without that warrior type of attitude and no grit.

Carbo might be able to adjust that and they might work really well together. You'd have to think Carbo would make a good scout imho.

But, my gut feeling is he ends up with the son-in-law in Dallas and wins a Cup there eventually. Wouldn't be surprise if Gainey is gone this summer too.

shealy04 03-19-2009 10:28 AM

I'd love to see Carbo back in some form... I'd hate to see him with another organization again.

smon 03-19-2009 10:29 AM

I think he will go back to Dallas. But at some point in the future he might be in the Canadiens front office. I think he has a lot more intelligence than some give him credit for, perhaps his personality is not well suited to today's style of coaching, but he still has tremendous hockey knowledge.

MJN79 03-19-2009 10:44 AM

Carbo is one of the last true Canadiens, I am really sad to see he will eventually leave this club. We will always need members of this team to truly understand what you need to succeed in Montreal. I also have the feeling that Gainey is on his last assignment with the Habs.
You know what I find funny guys, is that the reason that always came back why Guy got fired was that communication was not his strenght. He would not tell his players why they were benched and not in uniform. Now Carbo gets fired and does not know the reason why he is canned. Very ironic, and makes me believe that Gainey might not have been the one who took the decision to fire him.

Listening to Carbo yesterday at the PC, I could not believe we let this guy leave our organization to succeed with another team. For once I thought we had stability for the next few years, I was sure Guy would have become the next Ruff and stayed as the captain of this ship for many years to come.

Especially that this team might be dismantled next season with all the UFA's, I still dont quite get the reasoning behing this move.

DougHarvey 03-19-2009 10:47 AM

Question should be: Would he WANT to come back to the Habs?