HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   RBK 10K stick left in the changeing room WOW! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=621027)

adaminnj 03-19-2009 01:02 AM

RBK 10K stick left in the changeing room WOW!

I was at stick and puck today with 7 kids and 3 dads very crazy! (I brought 3 kids myself)

Anyway to make a long story short we where the last 4 people in the locker room getting ready to leave and we noticed a new dark green stick just sitting in the changing room and the only marking on it was Reebok until we picked it up and realized it was a 10 K pro stock stick. no one around on the ice and no hockey bags in the chancing foom, nothing!
I took it up to the office and told them that the stick was left and that they should hold it in back until someone claimed it.

We all made jokes about being a right shot stick and we all shoot left O-Well!

But can you believe it? $200.00 bucks just laying around.

Burnaby_Joe* 03-19-2009 01:21 AM

You did the right thing, but if that was me, I would've taken it. :laugh:

CanadaBacon 03-19-2009 05:51 AM

Would have done the same, or i would have taken it and sold it. not sure yet.

190Octane 03-19-2009 09:22 AM

Great example for the kids.

BuppY 03-19-2009 09:41 AM

If the stick was not my size or opposite hand I would have given it to the office.

If the stick was my size and right handed I would have taken it a month ago. However if it was right now I would have returned it to the office. I actually left my hockey gloves in the changeroom and I discovered a week later that I was missing them. I looked around the house but I couldnt find them and than I went back to the arena and checked the lost and found and to my surprise they were still there. I was so greatful that I made a promise to myself that whenever I find soemthing on the street or anywhere that someone left behind i shall give it to the lost and found rather than taking it.

Great job dude. :nod:

EmptyNetter 03-19-2009 11:01 AM

From the thread title I expected a completely different ending to the story. Much respect for doing the right thing. :)

I'd have a tough time losing even a $25 stick - you become used to the curve, the flex and if you can't get a close replacement it's tough to adjust to something new. The lost $200 for the RBK would just be icing on the cake.

adaminnj 03-19-2009 02:12 PM

Yeah I'm not a religious person but I firmly believe in Karma!

We had a strange thing happen earlier in the day on the ice too. Some old guy comes in for public skate right after stick and puck. he charges on the ice with all the kids and adults still skating stick an puck with helmets gloves and what not and just starts skating with no helmet on. The managment let stick and puck skate a bit longer because it's march brake here in the GTA. well anyway we finaly get called off and are invited to skate public skate free. so anyway my group stays to skate and the kids are getting thirsty. So I go to get power aid and water for the kids and my buddy the other dad who came out with us stays and just skates a bit while my 3 kids go to the middle of the ice and start doing edge drills and the old guy is skating and just floats around not in any real pattern. Well he skates into the kids who are doing drills while I'm off getting drinks, and bumps in to one of the kids. Then he (the old guy) tells kid "get the F-word off the ice" I come back hand out the drinks and all the kids are at the door waiting for me take there drink thinking they did something wrong. one of them finaly comes to me and tells me what happened and what this guy said and I went off! Now I have a mouth and I just lay into this guy screaming and swearing in the most threating way I can after I asked him "did you tell my kid to "get the F-word off the ice"?" and he responded "Yes You paid for stick and puck what the F-word man?" any way this arse-hole was maybe 5'8" on his skate and I'm 6' tall and 200 lbs and very happy go lucky most of the time at the rink. the shinny players on the pad (who I play noon shinny with) where freaked that I got angry at anyone and came to find out what I was going nuts over.

Anyway the point I was trying to make was that I went ballistic and set a bad example with my potty mouth, good example by letting the kids know I was there for them no mater what!
If I didn't have to deal with renewing my Visa I might have knocked the Mo-fo out. I mean The guy has an issue with a kid that is not related to him, he should have found me!
I'm glad we found the pro level stick to take focus off the ugliness.

The Tikkanen 03-19-2009 08:57 PM

Whoever's stick it was certainly didn't pay with their own, hard earned money. If you plunked down at least $200 to get that sitck I highly doubt you'd forget about it.

Huggy Bear* 03-19-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 190Octane (Post 18604664)
Great example for the kids.

This.

And also, where was this since I see you're in NNJ? That old guy is lucky you didn't go Bob Probert on him, if I was there and I saw it happened I would've stuck up for your kids even though I don't know them. You just don't go around yelling at other people's kids for no reason let alone cussing at them.

adaminnj 03-19-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huggy Bear (Post 18617440)
This.

And also, where was this since I see you're in NNJ? That old guy is lucky you didn't go Bob Probert on him, if I was there and I saw it happened I would've stuck up for your kids even though I don't know them. You just don't go around yelling at other people's kids for no reason let alone cussing at them.

adaminnj is just a handle I have been using for 10 + years I live in Canada and have for the last 3 years. (we are here for specialized work) hence the worrying about messing up my visa. If this happened in NJ I would have been posting bail instead of here on this board.

The funny thing about the guy was that he talked (sounded like and spoke like) like one of the Mackenzie brothers.

adaminnj 03-21-2009 04:40 PM

Update:

Took the kids to stick & puck on Friday and the few people who witnessed the incident all came and rallied around me.

Not for nothing no one claimed the RBK stick, and one of the program instructors asked me if he could have it if no one claims it. I said "sure I don't care as long as you shoot right"!