HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Sergei Kostitsyn for Pascal Dupuis and a 2nd (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=622140)

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 03-22-2009 12:27 AM

Sergei Kostitsyn for Pascal Dupuis and a 2nd
 
The Pens could give Kostitsyn an opportunity to play with an elite center and shed the "heartless" label and gang controversy, while Montreal gets a 2nd rounder in a highly-regarded draft year, plus a good bottom 6er who's signed for 2 more years, can skate fast, is well-heeled defensively, gives his all every night, and puts up decent production for his role.

Discuss.

SkullSplitter 03-22-2009 12:31 AM

I'd rather not.

Analyzer 03-22-2009 12:36 AM

The only thing Montréal has any interest in from Pittsburgh is Staal, Malkin, or Crosby. The latter two seem to be pretty untouchable at this point.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 03-22-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 18651911)
The only thing Montréal has any interest in from Pittsburgh is Staal, Malkin, or Crosby. The latter two seem to be pretty untouchable at this point.

The former is pretty untouchable. The latter two are completely untouchable.

Evil Ted 03-22-2009 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes (Post 18651948)
The former is pretty untouchable. The latter two are completely untouchable.

We will see how untouchable they are in the near future, especially when the salary cap falls or the pens continue to struggle. I think its becomming apparent it takes more then 2 of the top 3 in scoring to succeed.

Tender Rip 03-22-2009 12:45 AM

Just say no to organized crime :).

Twist and Shout 03-22-2009 12:46 AM

That's a hilarious proposal. Sergei would be worth more than a 2nd round pick.

FlyingKostitsyn 03-22-2009 12:47 AM

We have like 12 bottom 6 forwards (especially at wing), its top 6 talent that cares that we lack (especially at center). Sergei is worth more anyways, he oozes potential, if he puts away all the off-ice distractions he might become very good.

66-29-33 03-22-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Ted (Post 18651998)
We will see how untouchable they are in the near future, especially when the salary cap falls or the pens continue to struggle. I think its becomming apparent it takes more then 2 of the top 3 in scoring to succeed.

Pens are struggling? that is news to me as we are one of the hottest teams in the league in the last 11 games. If you mean by the salary cap then we still are not struggling, and it's news to me still.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 03-22-2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Ted (Post 18651998)
We will see how untouchable they are in the near future, especially when the salary cap falls or the pens continue to struggle.

Hi. Welcome to March 22, 2009.

The Penguins aren't in any worse situation than the other contenders in the league if the cap goes down (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=621015). Pittsburgh fans aren't worried.

The Pens are also currently in 5th place in the conference and 12-1-3 since their absurd run of injuries ended and Bylsma took over a month ago. So decidedly not struggling.

Back to the old drawing board there, Ted.

Lint07 03-22-2009 12:53 AM

No thanks, we have enough gringers as it is and I'd rather take a chance on SK and keep the little talent we already have.

Sure, Dupuis puts some numbers... playing on Sidney's wing that is.

no deal.

iPunch 03-22-2009 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subway Schenn (Post 18652011)
That's a hilarious proposal. Sergei would be worth more than a 2nd round pick.

No not really. I think the hangup is that Dupuis is a dump because he's terrible at hockey.

Analyzer 03-22-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guys (Post 18652107)
No not really. I think the hangup is that Dupuis is a dump because he's terrible at hockey.

Yeah, he's worth a 4th, Ian White replica stash and a back order for a Grabs stash.

iPunch 03-22-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 18652124)
Yeah, he's worth a 4th, Ian White replica stash and a back order for a Grabs stash.

Teams don't dish out 1st round picks too much anymore. Grabovski was a second, Antropov was a second, Moore a second.

SKost is somewhere in the middle there, I don't think many expect him to put up more than 60 points.

Since you wont find a Canadiens fan that agrees with me, you wont get him for more than an overpayment.

Tender Rip 03-22-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guys (Post 18652107)
No not really. I think the hangup is that Dupuis is a dump because he's terrible at hockey.

I think Pens, Atlanta and Minnesota fans can come together on this and say that Pascal Dupuis is a fine bottom six player.

Make no mistake, I would like to see him moved for something before next season, because he is redundant and too pricey for us in a world where we aren't using him on the top6 like earlier this season (where he isn't good enough). But that doesn't take away from the fact that when played in his natural roles, he is a valuable and very versatile player who gives his all every match. I suppose these days Montreal fans can see a value in the latter at least.

Analyzer 03-22-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guys (Post 18652187)
Teams don't dish out 1st round picks too much anymore. Grabovski was a second, Antropov was a second, Moore a second.

SKost is somewhere in the middle there, I don't think many expect him to put up more than 60 points.

Since you wont find a Canadiens fan that agrees with me, you wont get him for more than an overpayment.



Montréal doesn't want to deal him for a 2nd. They want to deal him in a package for something good if they're going to deal him.

If someone offered me a first for him, I'd jump on that. The reality is no, like you said.

Pascal Dupuis is a small, soft two-way centre. We already have those. Sergei Kostitsyn has some grit to him, so he's more important to us than Dupuis. The second is nice and all, but no thanks.

Tender Rip 03-22-2009 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 18652225)
Pascal Dupuis is a small, soft two-way centre.

Like hell is is a center! He plays either wing, and has played every wing position on our team - line 1 to 4 - since getting traded to the Pens in the Hossa deal. Never once has he been a center.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 03-22-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 18652225)
Montréal doesn't want to deal him for a 2nd. They want to deal him in a package for something good if they're going to deal him.

If someone offered me a first for him, I'd jump on that. The reality is no, like you said.

Pascal Dupuis is a small, soft two-way centre. We already have those. Sergei Kostitsyn has some grit to him, so he's more important to us than Dupuis. The second is nice and all, but no thanks.

Dupuis is a winger.

Rayne* 03-22-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes (Post 18652096)
Hi. Welcome to March 22, 2009.

The Penguins aren't in any worse situation than the other contenders in the league if the cap goes down (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=621015). Pittsburgh fans aren't worried.

The Pens are also currently in 5th place in the conference and 12-1-3 since their absurd run of injuries ended and Bylsma took over a month ago. So decidedly not struggling.

Back to the old drawing board there, Ted.

Until you become Tampa Bay v2.0, without the Stanley Cup.

Cyrrus147 03-22-2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes (Post 18651854)
The Pens could give Kostitsyn an opportunity to play with an elite center and shed the "heartless" label and gang controversy, while Montreal gets a 2nd rounder in a highly-regarded draft year, plus a good bottom 6er who's signed for 2 more years, can skate fast, is well-heeled defensively, gives his all every night, and puts up decent production for his role.

Discuss.

Why Montreal would trade their most promising young center for a guy like Pascal Dupuis, who is barely a third liners? This trade makes no sense at all from a Habs perspective. We have enough grinders and wingers.

Let me counter your trade proposal !

Patrice Brisebois + 2nd rounder

for

Kris Letang

Yea, this is how bad this trade looks.

66-29-33 03-22-2009 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayne (Post 18652255)
Until you become Tampa Bay v2.0, without the Stanley Cup.

Um, TB and Pens are in FAR different positions back then, and now. For starters TB spent 10M less then the cap at the time which is pretty big. No way do these things even get considered by both teams.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 03-22-2009 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayne (Post 18652255)
Until you become Tampa Bay v2.0, without the Stanley Cup.

Am I really getting a cap lecture and Cup taunting from a Calgary fan?

That's like a hobo teasing somebody for being poor.

Analyzer 03-22-2009 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes (Post 18652240)
Dupuis is a winger.

He plays centre on the the pk ? I swear I've seen him there before.

Either, or. In reality, it's a good deal. A 2nd and him for SK, but it's not exactly what we need. Pascal is a good lower line player.

Tender Rip 03-22-2009 01:25 AM

Center on the PK? What is this?

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 03-22-2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 (Post 18652281)
Why Montreal would trade their most promising young center for a guy like Pascal Dupuis, who is barely a third liners? This trade makes no sense at all from a Habs perspective. We have enough grinders and wingers.

Let me counter your trade proposal !

Patrice Brisebois + 2nd rounder

for

Kris Letang

Yea, this is how bad this trade looks.

Except Dupuis is better than Breezeby and signed for 2 more years, and Letang, unlike Kostitsyn, not only hasn't had his character questioned, but he's also contributed top 4 minutes to his team rather than toiling in the minors.

S. Kost has potential, but right now he's producing less than Tyler Kennedy, and has less grit, defensive acumen, and consistency.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.