HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   OT: Neumann College wins Div. III National Championship (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=622197)

GKJ 03-22-2009 09:43 AM

Neumann College wins Div. III National Championship

I'm sure this rocked the Philadelphia sports landscape yesterday, but Neumann College, based in nearby Delaware County, won the Ice Hockey Division III National Championship over Gustavus Adolphis yesterday 4-1. I caught parts of the game, and the color guy who sounded like Peter McNab compared Neumann goalie Ross MacKinnon to Pete Peeters. Anyways, thought a local Philly team who reached their ultimate goal deserves their thread.

BillyShoe1721 03-22-2009 09:52 AM

I live like 10 minutes away from Neumann campus, good for them. I've been to a couple of their games this season at Iceworks when I've had games around the same time.

Protest 03-22-2009 09:52 AM

Thats pretty sweet, my cousin went there for nursing. How did you watch this on TV? The NHL barely gets shown on cable, and you found Division III hockey lol.

RJ8812 03-22-2009 10:00 AM

i know a girl from where i live that plays for the girls' neumann college hockey team. there's actually a few from around here that play for them

SeanL44 03-22-2009 10:30 AM

Played with some of these kids over the summer, great team.

GKJ 03-22-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candiria92 (Post 18653995)
Thats pretty sweet, my cousin went there for nursing. How did you watch this on TV? The NHL barely gets shown on cable, and you found Division III hockey lol.

CBS College Sports.

With Verizon, if it wasn't for Center Ice (and before NHL Network), I could theoretically watch more college hockey in a week than NHL hockey.

L-train* 03-22-2009 11:49 AM

Went there. Horrible school, imho, but the hockey players are pretty cool. Mostly Canadians, lol.

DeadPhish5858 03-22-2009 12:26 PM

Ive never even heard of Neumann but congrats! Thats awesome.

trees17 03-22-2009 02:08 PM

i went there too.... i lived with some of the hockey guys in camelot court in brookhaven

Seikalym 03-22-2009 07:03 PM

I go to Neumann and actually took the fan bus up with some buddies. It was a great experience. Ross Mackinnon was unstoppable, Only giving up goal in the frozen four (and that goal was a fluke).

As a freshman it felt great to be part of history.

Dash22 03-23-2009 07:57 PM

Neumann also has an inline hockey team that is a national power house in Division II.

They have won 2 national titles in the last 3 years and have played for the championship in 5 of 6 years.

They are playing for a chance to repeat, they are one of the favorites, between April 1st-April 5th in Feasterville, PA (Buck County).

West Chester is another local team with a chance to win it all.

I know its inline hockey, but for anyone in Bucks County/surrounding areas, it would be a nice event to see.

www.ncrha.org - check it out.

Pog Form 05-13-2009 12:18 PM

Congrats. I play pick up sometimes with one of the guys from that team. He absolutely dominates when he comes out, and I don't know if he's even one of the better players for Neumann.