HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Confidence issue (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=622421)

araisarena 03-22-2009 09:42 PM

Confidence issue

im 14 goin on 15, and tryin out for a prep high school hockey team for the spring team tuesday im told by many guyz on that team im good enough to make it and id get lots of ice time and stuff but im not condfident that ill do well and thinkin ill joke, any way to get my confidence back? im a good skater and i have a good shot and im not a quitter on the ice and i take the body but idk

BadHammy* 03-22-2009 09:59 PM

I hate to say this, but you have to "fake it 'til you make it". That's really all it is...

dirtydevs9 03-22-2009 10:01 PM

If you are a good player you have absolutely nothing to worry about..worrying will just make your performance suffer. Go out there, play your best and you will make the team.

Good luck

EmptyNetter 03-23-2009 12:53 AM

Try to find out from other players what the coach looks for in a player -- top effort on every shift, defensive play, offensive skill, leadership skills, etc. Also try to find out how many spots are available for new players. The fewer slots available the more it helps to show the coach you can be the kind of player he's looking for.

Don't do a heavy workout the day before tryouts. Eat a good meal the night before and get plenty of rest. Do your best and leave everything out on the ice. Good luck! :)

Gino 14 03-23-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by araisarena (Post 18665673)
im a good skater and i have a good shot and im not a quitter on the ice and i take the body but idk

Take that attitude with you when you tryout and show them what you have. All you can do is give it your best, the rest is out of your hands. If you don't give it your best try, you'll have no one to blame other than the guy staring back at you in the mirror. Good luck.

Homerocks* 03-23-2009 12:14 PM

And most importantly, have fun out there. You're a teenager who gets to play hockey!

Gino 14 03-23-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homerocks (Post 18671094)
And most importantly, have fun out there. You're a teenager who gets to play hockey!

Yeah, I forgot the most important part, have fun.:nod:

dutchcrunch14 03-23-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

im a good skater and i have a good shot and im not a quitter on the ice and i take the body

sounds like you got nothin to worry about... those are 4 really good qualities in a player.... especially not being a quitter!

NigelSPNKr 03-26-2009 05:22 AM

Who cares if you suck or your captain snipe? Hockey is all about the glide on the ice, the feel of your shoulder going through some dusters nose and the cold beer in the dresser.

The game is too much fun to worry about how good you may or may not be.

EmptyNetter 03-26-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

im 14 goin on 15, and tryin out for a prep high school hockey team for the spring team tuesday im told by many guyz on that team im good enough to make it and id get lots of ice time and stuff but im not condfident that ill do well and thinkin ill joke, any way to get my confidence back? im a good skater and i have a good shot and im not a quitter on the ice and i take the body but idk

How do you feel you did at tryouts? Any word yet? Did you make the team?

Crosbyfan 03-26-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaBacon (Post 18714645)
Who cares if you suck or your captain snipe? Hockey is all about the glide on the ice, the feel of your shoulder going through some dusters nose and the cold beer in the dresser.

The game is too much fun to worry about how good you may or may not be.

Any other great advice for a 14 year old?:sarcasm:

NigelSPNKr 03-26-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crosbyfan (Post 18716697)
Any other great advice for a 14 year old?:sarcasm:

ya make sure you bring real brew. don't be showing up with some value brand.