HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Line Combos: Pacioretty sent down to Hamilton, new lines in practice (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=622561)

DDIHH 03-23-2009 11:08 AM

Lines today at practice

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Tanguay - Koivu - Kovalev
Lats - Laps - Kostopoulos
Higgy - Metropolit - Dandy

Stewart - BGL - D'ago

MathMan 03-23-2009 11:10 AM

Pacioretty sent down to Hamilton, new lines in practice

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/?p=70314299

Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev
Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
Higgins-Metropolit-Dandenault

Curious to see how that first line performs -- that's all the big guns. It really should get tons of ES and PP icetime -- leave the penalty-killing to the grinders who do it almost as well.

Dripper 03-23-2009 11:10 AM

Guess Gainey told Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev that they'd have to find a way to get the team out of the slump.

Glad to see the bros together.

Surprised to see Pacio sent down.

TheGoalJudge 03-23-2009 11:10 AM

Not bad at all.

Fish on The Sand 03-23-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathMan (Post 18671038)

Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev

Curious to see how that first line performs -- that's all the big guns. It really should get tons of ES and PP icetime -- leave the penalty-killing to the grinders who do it almost as well.

hey those are pretty close to the lines that I suggested the other day before we recalled SKost. Looks like me and Bob are on the same page.

Myron Gaines* 03-23-2009 11:13 AM

Good lines. Now I hope they come out with the desire of winning instead of the desire of not losing.

Roulin 03-23-2009 11:14 AM

Dandenault instead of D'Agostini?

MathMan 03-23-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge (Post 18671066)
Not bad at all.

He shuffles lines as much as Carbo does, but he does stick to lines that make sense and he does keep lines that work together (Lats-Lappy-Kosto).

superstar436 03-23-2009 11:15 AM

1st line will not work : 3 puck controllers - passers - no shooters

MaxPac sent down is a very good decision. He has been off the radar since the game against the sharks. Potential is there, but needs maturity. Another 50 games in AHl will not hurt at all.

Puckhead58* 03-23-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathMan (Post 18671038)

Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev

I love getting Plekanec away from Kovalev. Plekanec should be great with the Kosty Bros I think. If all 3 can play like they can.

Tanguay on the top line with Kovy and Koivu might not work. It could be a great line if Koivu and Kovy can play together and make things happen, but if Koivu or Kovy decide they don't wanna play, Tanguay will suffer.

The 3rd line has been the best line I seen in quite a few games. Hopefully they just keep doing what they're doing.

Higgins doesn't deserve to get big playing time. He has been invisible for the whole season. I would rather see Dandenault on defence, but I guess he's better than BGL on there.

Lets hope Gainey leaves these lines together for the whole game and gives them a chance to gel a little bit. I'm a huge fan of the 2nd line with Pleks and the Kosty Bros....I think they will be able to do some amazing things if they all play motivated. I remember last year in the playoffs those 3 guys hemmed the Flyers into their zone for a full minute of even strength hockey. They passed the puck around like crazy, they skated to open ice, they cycled the puck and made good plays and got several shots on net. These 3 players have the ability to control a hockey game if they want to.

hototogisu 03-23-2009 11:15 AM

Looks good. Not surprised to see Pacioretty sent down. He looked great the first couple of weeks but has been lost out there for a while now.

DDIHH 03-23-2009 11:15 AM

The Kostitsyn - Lang - Kostitsyn was really effective at one point this season, I hope the same will happen with Plekanec.

I'd rather have Stewart on the 4th and Dandy on D, but that's ok.

m00ks 03-23-2009 11:17 AM

Nice. Patches doesn't need to breathe in this nasty atmosphere so early in his growth. Veterans are given a chance to lead the team and Skost should have fire under his arse which could wake up his sleeping brother. I'm liking the 4th line speed and hopefully Laps line can keep it up.

I also find it amusing how BGL made a big speech in the locker room and will now watch its effect from the press box.

Kirk Muller 03-23-2009 11:17 AM

funny thing is Carbo would likely have been bashed for these lines.

FrankMTL 03-23-2009 11:18 AM

I'm happy that Patches is being sent down so he can get out of this mess. It will do him some good to go down there in a winning atmosphere and to play some big minutes. He was brought up too early.

NHLcrazy 03-23-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dripper (Post 18671062)
Guess Gainey told Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev that they'd have to find a way to get the team out of the slump.

Glad to see the bros together.

Surprised to see Pacio sent down.

Isn't it because they want to save 1 yr of free agency? If he stays he'll play too many games or something like that.

Puckhead58* 03-23-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superstar436 (Post 18671134)
1st line will not work : 3 puck controllers - passers - no shooters

MaxPac sent down is a very good decision. He has been off the radar since the game against the sharks. Potential is there, but needs maturity. Another 50 games in AHl will not hurt at all.

Thats part of the problem, Kovalev should be the shooter on this line. He has the best shot, he can get it off quick and its fairly accurate too. Kovalev and Tanguay should take turns being the shooter on this line. The only reason this line won't work is if the players on the line don't want it to work. The 3 of them have loads of talent and can all put the puck in the net as well as set goals up....I see no reason why this line won't work. The only thing they lack is grit....but if they can't play with a little grit at this time of the season, they shouldn't be playing anyways.

417 03-23-2009 11:20 AM

Honestly, at this point, I couldn't careless about the lines...I just want to see good efforts, that translate to wins.

417 03-23-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckhead58 (Post 18671180)
Thats part of the problem, Kovalev should be the shooter on this line. He has the best shot, he can get it off quick and its fairly accurate too. Kovalev and Tanguay should take turns being the shooter on this line. The only reason this line won't work is if the players on the line don't want it to work. The 3 of them have loads of talent and can all put the puck in the net as well as set goals up....I see no reason why this line won't work. The only thing they lack is grit....but if they can't play with a little grit at this time of the season, they shouldn't be playing anyways.

Unless it's a one-timer feed from Markov, Kovalev takes forever to load up his shot.

TheGoalJudge 03-23-2009 11:23 AM

I hope Gainey told Kovalev to just finish and let Tanguay set him up.

Pascal 03-23-2009 11:23 AM

as if any sort of line combos will change anything.

Fish on The Sand 03-23-2009 11:23 AM

If Higgins is going to be on the 4th line I'd rather have Stewy in there.

number 11 03-23-2009 11:24 AM

meh, why not. the lapierre line will carry the load as usual

Doctor House 03-23-2009 11:27 AM

Higgy on the 4th? 'bout time!

Habs 4 Life 03-23-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand (Post 18671221)
If Higgins is going to be on the 4th line I'd rather have Stewy in there.

I was just about to post the same thing,Higgins is do for sitting a couple of games..