HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2004-05 Predictions/Roster (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=62285)

Park #2 03-15-2004 05:40 PM

2004-05 Predictions/Roster

Since you all love speculation, I'll post mine just for Fun:

Rucinsky-Holik-Jagr
Ovechkin-Rolston-Balej
Simon-Betts-Barnaby
Ortmeyer-Lacouture-Murray

Poti-Kasparitis
Tyutin-Rachunek
Kondratiev- Mcallister (Group II, but possibly another free agent / Lampman

khabibulin (If Dunham is bought out)- mclennan

Explanations:
Rangers trade: Lundmark, Umberger, their 1st round pick for 1st overall
Rangers Sign: Rucinsky, Simon, Barnaby, possibly a 6th (Klemm type), Rolston, 7th Defenseman, Khabibulin only if Dunham buyout is possible.
Rucinsky: 2 years, $4.5 million
Barnaby: 3 years, $7 million
Khabibulin: 2 years, $12 million
Rolston: 2 years, $8.5 million
Simon: 2 years, $4.5 million

Signing Bonus heavy - like in Football. New CBA is semi-grandfathered. AKA - For example, teams can declare 1 player currently under contract ineligible.

Blackburn: if healthy, plays the season in Hartford, and replaces McLennan for 2005-6 Season.
Hugh Jessiman plays the season in Hartford with mixed results.
Petr Prucha amazes in training camp.
Nigel Dawes is among the top 3 scorers in Hartford.
Ryan McGill named Head Coach.
Park #2 very upset with Sather's lack of interest in Joel Quenville
Nick Fotiu named Hamed Coach of Wolfpack.

Players over 30: 9 (Including both goalies)
Players under 30: 11

Payroll: $49 million
Salary Cap: $40 million (Not including Grandfather Clause)

2004-2005 Finish: Season never starts. All of the above is for null - no free agents are ever signed. CBA - or lack thereof - crushes the start of next season meaning everything listed above is PURE FICTION.

Point being: Predictions are fun, but never correct.

Fire Sather 03-15-2004 05:43 PM

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Love the roster.. just hope it happens :)

Janerixon 03-15-2004 05:56 PM

I like the roster as well, i just dont see us getting ovechkin, i see sather going after barker instead

id only tweak the lineup (this is the lines if i was GM/coach, but im not!)
rucinsky-holik-jagr
barnaby-rolston-balej
simon-umberger-ortmeyer
lacouture-betts-murray

kasper-poti
kondratiev-tyutin
rachunek-lampman

khabi-mclennan

sc: mcallister, j. Green, and ?

lundmark is not listed because he is traded with our 1st round pick #6 overall to land the #3 overall pick and we select barker

Park #2 03-15-2004 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon
I like the roster as well, i just dont see us getting ovechkin, i see sather going after barker instead

rucinsky-holik-jagr
barnaby-rolston-balej
simon-umberger-ortmeyer
lacouture-betts-murray

kasper-poti
kondratiev-tyutin
rachunek-lampman

khabi-mclennan

lundmark is not listed because he is traded with our 1st round pick #6 overall to land the #3 overall pick and we select barker

Haha, you guys are missing my point - which is that predicitions, though fun, are pointless. The odds of any of this happening are slim. But, realzing it is fun, post away! (Josh Green will NOT be back).

Janerixon 03-15-2004 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Park #2
Haha, you guys are missing my point - which is that predicitions, though fun, are pointless. The odds of any of this happening are slim. But, realzing it is fun, post away! (Josh Green will NOT be back).

park
i think you need to take a better look at some posts before your reply.... i clearly said this is the lines if i was GM/coach, but im not!

i dont think sather would ever do this... and posting lines has never been realistic, but there is nothing more fun than playing gm

Park #2 03-15-2004 06:08 PM

Quote:

park
i think you need to take a better look at some posts before your reply.... i clearly said this is the lines if i was GM/coach, but im not!

i dont think sather would ever do this... and posting lines has never been realistic, but there is nothing more fun than playing gm

Haha... sorry.... Screen gets blurry at my age!

Curiously, why would you bring Josh Green back?

Janerixon 03-15-2004 06:11 PM

Quote:

Haha... sorry.... Screen gets blurry at my age!

Curiously, why would you bring Josh Green back?

park
id bring him back for a few reasons
1) he actually has decent wheels
2) i dont want all of our kids here, i want some kids with hartford, so he is still kind of a warm body
3) he will be cheap
4) he can play 2nd, 3rd or 4th line if necessary

id rather we bring back a younger player than have a kid rot as the 13th or 14th foward or sign another 30 plus vet looking to collect retirement checks

Park #2 03-15-2004 06:16 PM

Quote:

park
id bring him back for a few reasons
1) he actually has decent wheels
2) i dont want all of our kids here, i want some kids with hartford, so he is still kind of a warm body
3) he will be cheap
4) he can play 2nd, 3rd or 4th line if necessary

id rather we bring back a younger player than have a kid rot as the 13th or 14th foward or sign another 30 plus vet looking to collect retirement checks

I understand your points. Chad Wiseman is just as good as Green (actually they are pretty similar). There are lots of players you could use in that situation. I'd be weary of Green - I didn't like how he bad mouthed the Rangers in Calgary to the Press. There was just no need to do that. But, we've spent too much time talking about green, so I'll give him to you.

Janerixon 03-15-2004 06:28 PM

Quote:

I understand your points. Chad Wiseman is just as good as Green (actually they are pretty similar). There are lots of players you could use in that situation. I'd be weary of Green - I didn't like how he bad mouthed the Rangers in Calgary to the Press. There was just no need to do that. But, we've spent too much time talking about green, so I'll give him to you.

park
green is not a lock to make my lineup! i just dont know who id want to bring in, wiseman would be nice, but i just hate to see a youngster sit for 20 games not even getting 4th line icetime, while he could be in hartford being productive. if you can come up with someone else who is fairly young let me know, if we didnt trade healey to the panthers i would have him as an extra foward for sure

Park #2 03-15-2004 06:32 PM

Quote:

park
green is not a lock to make my lineup! i just dont know who id want to bring in, wiseman would be nice, but i just hate to see a youngster sit for 20 games not even getting 4th line icetime, while he could be in hartford being productive. if you can come up with someone else who is fairly young let me know, if we didnt trade healey to the panthers i would have him as an extra foward for sure

Wiseman really isn't a "prospect". HE is a 4th line NHL'er at best and a good AHL player. Healey is another in that mold though a different type of player.

Janerixon 03-15-2004 06:43 PM

Quote:

Wiseman really isn't a "prospect". HE is a 4th line NHL'er at best and a good AHL player. Healey is another in that mold though a different type of player.

ive watched wiseman in a few pack games and for his brief ranger callup, he seems like he is most productive playing with offensive minded players so he can chip in points, he doesnt strike me as a 4th line energy guy like healey could have been, but would i complain if wiseman was our 13th or 14th foward? not really

sickboy35 03-15-2004 06:46 PM

thats an alright line-up! the only thing i hope they tweak is to get rid of that useless piece of crap poti! other than him, i can live with that line-up!

Park #2 03-15-2004 06:51 PM

Quote:

ive watched wiseman in a few pack games and for his brief ranger callup, he seems like he is most productive playing with offensive minded players so he can chip in points, he doesnt strike me as a 4th line energy guy like healey could have been, but would i complain if wiseman was our 13th or 14th foward? not really

Well, he's my suggestion in place of Green. To see a good example of where I think Wiseman's career will end up, see: Craig Darby and Matt Herr.

in the hall 03-15-2004 07:14 PM

Quote:

Rucinsky-Holik-Jagr
Ovechkin-Rolston-Balej
Simon-Betts-Barnaby

Poti-Kasparitis
Tyutin-Rachunek

Explanations:
Rangers Sign: Rucinsky, Simon, Barnaby, possibly a 6th (Klemm type), Rolston, 7th Defenseman, Khabibulin only if Dunham buyout is possible.

Signing Bonus heavy - like in Football. New CBA is semi-grandfathered. AKA - For example, teams can declare 1 player currently under contract ineligible.

Blackburn: if healthy, plays the season in Hartford, and replaces McLennan for 2005-6 Season.

2004-2005 Finish: Season never starts. All of the above is for null - no free agents are ever signed. CBA - or lack thereof - crushes the start of next season meaning everything listed above is PURE FICTION.

i hope your name is don maloney :yo:

slim399 03-16-2004 06:15 PM

My roster, young kids and add in some free agents.

Trade
Our 1st and TOR 1st along with two 2nd rd picks for the #1 pick. I would even add in something else if needed.
try to trade kasper or even think of buying him out

Signings
Rolston, Barnaby, Khabibulin
Also make a run at a #1 dman such as Lindstom or Pronger to replace poti, if not my line up looks like this.

Barnaby captain, Larry Robinson GM, Ryan McGill Coach, Graves, Beuk, Richter assistants.

Roll four lines

Ovechkin-Umberger-Jagr
Rolston-Holik-Balej
Barnaby-Dom Moore-Lundmark
Lacouture-Betts-Ortmeyer

Rachunek-Lampman
Tyutin-Kondratiev
Poti-Mcallister

Khabibulin-Mclennan

dumpsathernow* 03-17-2004 05:27 PM

Quote:

Rucinsky-Holik-Jagr
Ovechkin-Rolston-Balej
Simon-Betts-Barnaby

Poti-Kasparitis
Tyutin-Rachunek

Explanations:

ALL I REALLY AGREE WITH IS GETTING BULIN, ROLSTON, AND KLEMM ALONG WITH BARNABY SIMON AND RUCINSKY TRADING LUNDMARK NOT UMBERGER, EVERYONE IS SO HIGH ON OVECHKIN DO WE REALLY WANT TO START GIVING UP 1ST'S AND 2ND'S AND PROSPECTS FOR JUST ONE GUY... I DONT THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA... BETTS IS INJURY PRONE 3 SHOULDER OPERATIONS IN 3 YEARS FORGET ABOUT HIM HOLIK IS NOT A FIRST LINE CENTER SECOND OF ALL.. YOU DONT WANT TO PUT TYTIN WITH RACHUNEK BAD MOVE AND WHY DO U STILL WANT POTI HERE HE IS 6'3 215 AND NEVER THROWS ONE HIT AND IS ABSOLUTLEY HORRIBLE ON DEFENCE HORRIBLE
ALL GOOD SIGNING I SAY THE SAME ROLSTON GREAT ON PK'S AND GREAT SHOT FROM POINT ON POWER PLAY
THESE ARE SOME LINE IDEAS NOT FROM ONE TO 4 BUT JUST THE COMBINATIONS

ROLSTON-MURRAY -BALEJ
UMBERGER-JAGR- RUCINSKY
HOLIK-THIS GAP THEY SIGN SOME VETLIKE A( S.PODEIN FOR EXAMPLE )-ORTMEYER
LUNDMARK-SIMON-BARNABY

COULD DO A LILTTLE MIXING AND MATCHING ALSO THINK BALEJ WOULD BE GOOD WITH HOLIK AND MURRAY

TYUTIN AND KASPAR
LAMPMAN AND RACHUNEK <~~~RATHER HAVE A VET THERE
KLEMM AND KONDRATIEV OR MCALLISTER

ON DEFENCE WE SHOULD HAVE 3 VETS AND 3 YOUNG GUYS ALSO LIKE SEAN HILL AS AN OPTION. KHABIBULIN HAS AN OPTION FOR .6.5 WITH TAMPABAY IF WE CAN GET BULIN GUARANTEE DUNHAM WILL BE BROUGHT OUT

dumpsathernow* 03-17-2004 05:38 PM

Quote:

rucinsky-holik-jagr
barnaby-rolston-balej
simon-umberger-ortmeyer
lacouture-betts-murray

kasper-poti
kondratiev-tyutin
rachunek-lampman

khabi-mclennan

GOOD LINES NOT BAD I CAN SEE THAT HAPPENINIG