HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Brooks: Will pay your internet fee, if Lecavalier isnt moved to the Canadiens at the draft (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=622862)

bassassin 03-24-2009 10:47 AM

Will pay your internet fee, if Lecavalier isnt moved to the Canadiens at the draft
 
Quote:

Guaranteed to happen at the Entry Draft in Montreal, or the money back you spent to read this on the Internet: Vincent Lecavalier traded to the Canadiens.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/03222009...710.htm?page=0

It could be a win win for me as a Tampa fan, keep Vinny and demand money from someone that insists upon creating rumours about him.

Peter Griffin 03-24-2009 10:49 AM

It's a free article so he isn't offering anything.

Mongo Nation 03-24-2009 10:51 AM

Haha I noticed that yesterday. I'll hold them to it

Penguins23 03-24-2009 10:53 AM

They already reimbursed me.

y2kcanucks 03-24-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Griffin (Post 18685793)
It's a free article so he isn't offering anything.

But technically you paid to get the internet so....

Peter Griffin 03-24-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Pauser (Post 18685858)
But technically you paid to get the internet so....

Yea but who pays for internet to read Larry Brooks' articles?

cjbhab 03-24-2009 10:58 AM

Lecavalier isn't coming to the habs.. He's a fantastic player..

Montreal and fantastic players don't go together.. we suck.

y2kcanucks 03-24-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Griffin (Post 18685873)
Yea but who pays for internet to read Larry Brooks' articles?

If it gets me money, I'll admit it (even though as of yet I haven't read the article :laugh:)

jlockhart89 03-24-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Griffin (Post 18685873)
Yea but who pays for internet to read Larry Brooks' articles?

It's quite literally the only reason I own the internets

Rabid Ranger 03-24-2009 11:01 AM

I think this is one long-standing rumor that will come to fruition. The emergence (relative) of Stamkos has clinched it. I just hope Lawton and co are smart enough to extract a king's ransom for Vinny.

mooseOAK* 03-24-2009 11:02 AM

A thread about a throw away sentence that means nothing. Why?

saskganesh 03-24-2009 11:03 AM

I have free wireless. what do I get?

bassassin 03-24-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Griffin (Post 18685793)
It's a free article so he isn't offering anything.

But he guarantees it surely his guarantees have to count for something:sarcasm:

But in all seriousness, do you think anyone could claim money from him, I will definetly give it a go should the trade not happen at the draft.:laugh:

Darth Milbury 03-24-2009 11:11 AM

I would be more convinced if Larry Brook offered to pay us all a dollar for each false ridiculous rumor he has published.

Analyzer 03-24-2009 11:12 AM

Sweeeet Free net, or Lecavalier.

AEKaki 03-24-2009 11:12 AM

This is the same Larry Brooks who said Mario Lemieux will sign with the Rangers.

Give me a break!

Lecavalier will not be moved! It's like signing the death of the franchise! He likes it there, if he didn't then, it would be a remote possibility!

RangerBoy 03-24-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassassin (Post 18685741)
http://www.nypost.com/seven/03222009...710.htm?page=0

It could be a win win for me as a Tampa fan, keep Vinny and demand money from someone that insists upon creating rumours about him.

You read the Post for free on the internet.

$1.25 if you buy the Sunday Post from the corner store.

RangerBoy 03-24-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEKaki (Post 18686070)
This is the same Larry Brooks who said Mario Lemieux will sign with the Rangers.

Give me a break!

Lecavalier will not be moved! It's like signing the death of the franchise! He likes it there, if he didn't then, it would be a remote possibility!

When did Larry write that?

P.S.-AEK sucks.Oly all way.;)

bassassin 03-24-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 18686211)
You read the Post for free on the internet.

$1.25 if you buy the Sunday Post from the corner store.

I buy the internet just to read the post:sarcasm: so he owes me money

Analyzer 03-24-2009 11:30 AM

I say Larry Brooks should go to Montréal for both draft days. No trade, all the habs fans rush him to beat the **** out of him for all this ********.

If this happens, all habs fans rush him and praise him. :sarcasm:

Bourdon 03-24-2009 11:32 AM

It's an invitation to treat rather than a binding offer, so it's not enforceable. Just look at the Pepsi Harrier case a few years back...though this is in writing so it does fall under the provisions of the statue of frauds.

Riverboat Gambler 03-24-2009 11:32 AM

I place Brooks on the same level as Garrioch, Eklund...

slightly below Stracchula.

Is that accurate?

Darth Milbury 03-24-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler (Post 18686368)
I place Brooks on the same level as Garrioch, Eklund...

slightly below Stracchula.

Is that accurate?


Brooks is several notches above Eklund (as is Garrioch). At least Brooks has sources, unlike Ekulund.

The problem with both Garroich and Brooks is that they tend to present speculations and their own personal ideas about what COULD happen as fact.

Riverboat Gambler 03-24-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury (Post 18686435)
Brooks is several notches above Eklund (as is Garrioch). At least Brooks has sources, unlike Ekulund.

The problem with both Garroich and Brooks is that they tend to present speculations and their own personal ideas about what COULD happen as fact.

Brooks may be following the Eklund publicity plan. Mention Habs/Vinny and watch the readership of your material multiply.

snarktacular 03-24-2009 11:45 AM

What does this imply about the circulation of the Post and Brooks' columns?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.