HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Easton S3's (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=623402)

Degenerate191 03-25-2009 06:44 PM

Easton S3's

I started skating roughly a year ago, and my first pair of skates are the Easton S3's. I have been thinking lately about buying some different skates because I feel like I'm not improving as much as I was. I skate at least once a week in a C level mens league, twice if I have the time. I guess I'm just curious as to whether or not some new skates that I actually get fitted and baked would be beneficial towards my skating. And also, can someone give me a rundown of the S3's? I can't find any reviews or anything anywhere. Thanks for your help.

CptKirk 03-26-2009 12:09 AM

I didn't even know that skate existed. The lowest easton I knew of was the SE6.

You say skates that you can get fitted- Do you mean by that that they don't fit well? If so, a well fit pair of skates can do wonders for your skating.

But the skates alone, especially if yours are at least the right size, won't dramatically improve your skating. I will say however, that if you're going to stick with it, and a year playing shows that, you should invest in a decent pair of skates and getting them profiled.

So yeah, go to a shop, and try on a bunch of different skate lines. You'll find the best fit for you. A better skate will also give you lighter weight and better protection.

So yeah, go for it.

Degenerate191 03-26-2009 12:06 PM

Alright, thanks for your help. The skates I have now I just bought from a store without having them fitted or baked, I'm pretty sure the size is right, but I have pain in my arches after aboutfifteen minutes of skating. I have a great time playing, and want to keep improving. I would still like to know if anyone knows anything about the S3s, because the lowest I can find are S5s. I bought them for 100 bucks last year new.

CptKirk 03-26-2009 12:59 PM

Well, the eastons have a low arch, so that could be a reason. They fit me great, but a different insole could help, or a skate with a higher arch- aka, pretty much any other brand.

stick9 03-26-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cptjeff (Post 18718613)
Well, the eastons have a low arch, so that could be a reason. They fit me great, but a different insole could help, or a skate with a higher arch- aka, pretty much any other brand.

A little off topic..

Jeff, what Eastons are you wearing? I was checking out the S11's this weekend and I REALLY liked them. My local shop had em for $250 so I was thinking of seeing how they fit.

I like my 8k's but I would really like a better performing boot. The 8k's are more an old school build.

If you don't want to clog up the OP's thread send me a PM.

stick9 03-26-2009 03:01 PM

S3's

Icewarehouse has them, info is listed.

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=ES03

CptKirk 03-26-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stick9 (Post 18720482)
A little off topic..

Jeff, what Eastons are you wearing? I was checking out the S11's this weekend and I REALLY liked them. My local shop had em for $250 so I was thinking of seeing how they fit.

I like my 8k's but I would really like a better performing boot. The 8k's are more an old school build.

If you don't want to clog up the OP's thread send me a PM.

I'm in the Synergy 800c- the SE10 is the equivalent in the current line. And yeah, I like them. The only thing to be cautious of is the glue. It's supposed to be fixed on the new ones, but the on the old ones, the 'leather' part separates from the composite part of the boot. I have a nice industrial glue holding them together, but it hasn't been a big deal to reglue them.

I don't know if the glue issue is fixed on that skate or not.

Also, some people don't like Easton's holder. It's springy, and some people like a solid holder, some like a springy one. I don't have a problem with it.

stick9 03-26-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cptjeff (Post 18720968)
I'm in the Synergy 800c- the SE10 is the equivalent in the current line. And yeah, I like them. The only thing to be cautious of is the glue. It's supposed to be fixed on the new ones, but the on the old ones, the 'leather' part separates from the composite part of the boot. I have a nice industrial glue holding them together, but it hasn't been a big deal to reglue them.

I don't know if the glue issue is fixed on that skate or not.

Also, some people don't like Easton's holder. It's springy, and some people like a solid holder, some like a springy one. I don't have a problem with it.

Thanks, I'm gonna spend some time in them and see what I think.

Dr Turk 03-27-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stick9 (Post 18728938)
Thanks, I'm gonna spend some time in them and see what I think.

I just picked up the SE10ís and I really like them, the arch was a little lower than I expected so I might pick up an insole. The only problems Ive had with them is that there was a glob of hardened glue sitting directly in front of my toe that I didnít realize when I bought them, was really annoying the first time I skated but after that I used some pliers to rip it off and they are fine now.