HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Brian Leetch... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=62355)

leafaholix* 03-15-2004 09:11 PM

Brian Leetch...

:bow:

3 assists tonight, 29:18, 6 shots, +2.

He pulled one of those end to end rushes. I've never seen a Toronto defenseman do that... ever.

Theoren Fan 03-15-2004 09:12 PM

Has he scored a goal yet?

TheZodiac 03-15-2004 09:13 PM

Leetch is amazing, I knew he was good, but to watch him game in and game out with the leafs is a real treat.

Kodiak 03-15-2004 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix

He pulled one of those end to end rushes. I've never seen a Toronto defenseman do that... ever.

Just wait until the games start getting really important. You'll see him single-handedly control the entire flow of the game.

leafaholix* 03-15-2004 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo Fan
Has he scored a goal yet?

Not yet... but he's got plenty of shots.

Janerixon 03-15-2004 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodiak
Just wait until the games start getting really important. You'll see him single-handedly control the entire flow of the game.

hes saving them for when the games matter... you know that thing that doesnt come around here

hockeys different here... good for leetchie, i cant wait to see him in the playoffs!

in the hall 03-15-2004 09:37 PM

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=62353 :bow:

Jackson Ranger 03-15-2004 09:44 PM

Quote:

After watching him play now, who would you rather have, Leetch or Gonchar?

leafaholix* 03-15-2004 09:58 PM

Umm.... Leetch.

He just brings it.

I've also heard he's ok in the playoffs.

NYR2 03-15-2004 10:07 PM

Quote:

He pulled one of those end to end rushes.

:cry:

Marchy79 03-15-2004 10:20 PM

No offense to Leaf fans who are probably happy about Leetch being a member of their squad... But IMO that trade should never of happened...

Leetch earned the respect, and should have played his entire career (however much longer it may be) in Madison Square Garden. I am a strong believer in this type of respect that should be given to the few that have earned the resect like Brian did in his career... For a LONG time Brian WAS the Rangers defence... I hate seeing trades like this nowadays... It's really too bad, cause there is no greater honour than wearing ONE jersey your entire NHL career... Just ask Stevie Y in Detroit.

leafaholix* 03-15-2004 10:27 PM

Sather obviously had respect for Leetch... that's why he was traded to a contender.

BigE 03-15-2004 10:29 PM

Leetch will retire a Ranger anyway so I don't think it's that big of a deal. Let him win another cup and then return to the team after his contract is up and finish here.

The Jerk 03-15-2004 10:33 PM

One of Leetch assists tonight; he pinches in down the left side, keeps the puck in and cuts towards the net, he sucks in 3 Sabre players, waits, waits, waits, sucks in Biron, throws the puck in front; it ends up on a Leafs stick, and then the back of the net...thank you New York for lending him to us, we all realize he's still a Ranger at heart ;) .

NYR2 03-15-2004 10:39 PM

Quote:

Sather obviously had respect for Leetch... that's why he was traded to a contender.

I don't think you'll find one person here who agrees with that. Sather, respect for Leetch or anyone who means the world to Ranger fans? :joker: I think that was evident when he traded Graves. Brian didn't want to be traded, he said that plenty of times. If Sather had respect for him he would have respected his wishes.

And while I love Mess it pissed me off he's allowed to say he wouldn't report to where ever he was traded, if he was traded. But Brian states numerous times he didn't want to go anywhere and he gets traded and isn't told until after it's done.

The man is a piece of *****. He has no respect for anything or anyone that had to do with this team. End of story

Marchy79 03-15-2004 10:46 PM

Quote:

Agreed at least he was dealt to a real contender, as well as a hot bed for hockey... But the thing is... there is more respect playing for one organization for their entire career than winning 10 championships (albeit both have been done before with Henri Richard :D )

I just hope the CBA will solve all of this, and return with more players sticking to 1-2 teams than just going to any team in the league...

Leetch is a living legend in NY city... IMO he'll still be loved, but it would have been nice to see him get the same respect Mike Richter got, in playing EVERY game they ever played in the show for one team... Because that makes them more than a legend...

Either way, I guess both sides are a bit happy about this one, there is no doubt Toronto got a great defenceman... But it certainly was a sad day for ranger fans... Losing Leetch hurt more than losing Gretzky or Messier... Because he was homegrown... There will be others no doubt ;)

Marchy79 03-15-2004 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR2
I don't think you'll find one person here who agrees with that. Sather, respect for Leetch or anyone who means the world to Ranger fans? :joker: I think that was evident when he traded Graves. Brian didn't want to be traded, he said that plenty of times. If Sather had respect for him he would have respected his wishes.

And while I love Mess it pissed me off he's allowed to say he wouldn't report to where ever he was traded, if he was traded. But Brian states numerous times he didn't want to go anywhere and he gets traded and isn't told until after it's done.

The man is a piece of *****. He has no respect for anything or anyone that had to do with this team. End of story

I agree with this post... Slats was wrong. Some times, GM's gotta respect the players who play their heart out for the city...

Kodiak 03-15-2004 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
I agree with this post... Slats was wrong. Some times, GM's gotta respect the players who play their heart out for the city...

I disagree. Leetch is my all-time favorite player, but I knew that moving him was what was best for the franchise. That doesn't mean it still didn't feel like a kick to the gut when I first heard the news.

What was wrong was that Slats would move Leetch "for the good of the organization" and then let Mess veto any possible deal. I won't forget what Mess did for us in 94, but Leetch never walked out on this team. He deserves more respect than Mess.

Marchy79 03-15-2004 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodiak
I disagree. Leetch is my all-time favorite player, but I knew that moving him was what was best for the franchise. That doesn't mean it still didn't feel like a kick to the gut when I first heard the news.

What was wrong was that Slats would move Leetch "for the good of the organization" and then let Mess veto any possible deal. I won't forget what Mess did for us in 94, but Leetch never walked out on this team. He deserves more respect than Mess.

I also agree that Immonen, Kondratiev, the first (2004) and second (2005) will be great for the future success of the Rangers... That definately can't be disputed... But losing a player who was truly the heart and soul for the Rangers for the past decade and a 1/2 meant a lot as well...

But when a player plays his entire career in one city... A different lore goes on his legend. We've had many pass through Montreal that played their whole career there, and they mean a whole lot to the history of the franchise... A guy like Leetch will probably go back to the rangers when his contract is done (or when he retires) to go to their front office. But to me, Leetch deserved to have the honour of wearing one jersey his entire career... He wasn't itching to go to a contender, he already proved he's one of the best that played... To me, the one thing left in his career was having the one last honour, and that was to bring the Rangers back out of the ashes... and be a part of Rangers, and only the Rangers history.

Either way, he'll be responsible for bringing the Rangers back... But I guess it's just a sentimentality issue that some guys should be deemed priceless after they have accomplished everything there is to do in a city.

in the hall 03-15-2004 11:28 PM

Quote:

yea some respect... he trades him 3 days after leetch said in the papers he did not want to be traded

NYR2 03-15-2004 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall
yea some respect... he trades him 3 days after leetch said in the papers he did not want to be traded

Exactly.

leafaholix* 03-16-2004 12:02 AM

I wasn't aware of that.

Edge 03-16-2004 12:18 AM

at least they are recognizing the talent finally, some of the comments on the leafs board the day of the trade made me wonder if people living in the hockey capital of the world had even watched him play.

leetch is proving that it was the rangers, not he who went down hill over the years. he's showing the world what we have said for years, that he is still one of the best defenseman in the game and a difference maker.

keep it up Brian. make each and every one them who doubted you look like a jackass.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-16-2004 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheZodiac
Leetch is amazing, I knew he was good, but to watch him game in and game out with the leafs is a real treat.

Sounds like Leaf fans are learning what Ranger fans have been saying for years!

RangersFan 03-16-2004 12:44 AM

It makes you feel bad for Richter and Leetch, that if our management could have fielded a playoff team the past few years, their stats, credentials, and images might be better...