HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Glove discussion: Feeling the puck. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=624073)

Lario Melieux* 03-27-2009 09:10 PM

Glove discussion: Feeling the puck.

I'm sure we've all messed around at practice or stick time without the gloves on. Ever notice how much easier it is to feel the puck and stick handle? I use CCM Vector gloves with the rubber strip in the palm which seems to help with not having to grip the stick too tight, but I'm looking to see if any of you have some tips or insight.

My question is, is there a glove out there that is different from the rest? Or is there a way to alter your gloves so that you can feel the puck better?

CanadaBacon 03-27-2009 09:34 PM

im totally opposite, I can't handle a puck without gloves.

any TPS glove R4 and above or Montreal. best mitts imo.

Headcoach 03-27-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lario Melieux (Post 18743260)
I'm sure we've all messed around at practice or stick time without the gloves on. Ever notice how much easier it is to feel the puck and stick handle? I use CCM Vector gloves with the rubber strip in the palm which seems to help with not having to grip the stick too tight, but I'm looking to see if any of you have some tips or insight.

My question is, is there a glove out there that is different from the rest? Or is there a way to alter your gloves so that you can feel the puck better?

Well, back in the day, players use to cut the palms of the gloves out. But rules have changed and you can get an equipment violation penalty if the ref sees it...and they will.

The only way to really get use to the glove and stickhandling is to use the gloves all the time. Here's what I recommend you do.

Go home and stick handle while watching TV. Use a puck or ball to stick handle with. When you stick handle, go back to the basics and roll your wrist when you stick handle. Plus, use your peripheral vision to stick handle with. Once you get the hang of using your peripheral vision, close your eyes and stick handle. Concentrate on what the puck feel like on your stick with your eyes closed.

Hope this helps.

Head coach

CanadaBacon 03-27-2009 09:51 PM

not true. a lot of pros from the show to the E cut their palms. as long as the finger sections are intact your good to go. feels like **** though.

BadHammy* 03-27-2009 10:04 PM

Better glove= better feel in the palm=problem solved.

Headcoach 03-27-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaBacon (Post 18744054)
not true. a lot of pros from the show to the E cut their palms. as long as the finger sections are intact your good to go. feels like **** though.

Well, according to USA Hockey Rule 305 section B: A glove from which all or part of the palm has been removed or cut to permit the use of the bare hand shall be considered illegal equipment. A misconduct penalty shall be imposed on any player wearing such a glove in play.

Head coach

CanadaBacon 03-27-2009 10:22 PM

you have point if your DI and under.

shmab 03-27-2009 11:59 PM

tps makes some of the best gloves in the game. just because theyre not warrior or nike bauer they get a bum rap. TPS FTMFW

CanadaBacon 03-28-2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmab (Post 18746048)
tps makes some of the best gloves in the game. just because theyre not warrior or nike bauer they get a bum rap. TPS FTMFW

Thats what im talking about :yo: