HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RD Trevor Van Riemsdyk - U of New Hampshire, NCAA (2009 undrafted; Chicago) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=624324)

wings5 03-28-2009 05:37 PM

RD Trevor Van Riemsdyk - U of New Hampshire, NCAA (2009 undrafted; Chicago)

Defenceman and brother of James Van Riemsdyk is a pretty good player in his own right. I dont know too much about him so can someone tell me about him and when his draft year is?

http://www.app.com/article/20090328/...8003/-1/NEWS10

Darius Dangleaitis 03-28-2009 05:44 PM

Well he's a senior this year, so I'm guessing this is his draft year.

I wonder what he's going to do next year?

ColonialsHockey10 03-28-2009 06:41 PM

He was without a doubt the best player for Christian Brothers Academy this year. My team played at Prudential right before him and we watched their game vs Delbarton and he just had nothing to work with; some of the guys on Delbarton are amazing. Good skater and puck rusher, and he's listed at 6'1 so he has nice size.

Flyersfan1216 03-28-2009 06:50 PM

Hope the flyers take him. It would be cool to have brothers on the team.

Seachd 03-28-2009 07:43 PM

Born July 24, 1991, so this is his draft year.

The Dayvan Cowboy 03-28-2009 09:31 PM

What round is he going to fall in?

BillyShoe1721 03-28-2009 10:30 PM

He's not ranked by the CSB, so I'd say late rounds if that.

orangeandblack 03-28-2009 10:50 PM

Hes not getting drafted.

Ive seen him play a few times. Hes got alot of upside but he has a ways to go. He should look into playing in the EJHL next season, or maybe a USHL tryout. Probably the second best defenseman in NJ this year behind Providence commit Alex Velischek. Velischek is more polished and stronger, but I think TVR has more long term upside. Definite D-1 prospect with time, not on the NHL radar at this point at all though.

orangeandblack 03-28-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 (Post 18754946)
He was without a doubt the best player for Christian Brothers Academy this year. My team played at Prudential right before him and we watched their game vs Delbarton and he just had nothing to work with; some of the guys on Delbarton are amazing. Good skater and puck rusher, and he's listed at 6'1 so he has nice size.

Christian Brothers had alot talent on that team, they just had a really bad game against a really good Delbarton team with 3 D-1 commits.

Jokie Ryan is also on Christian Brothers and he is trying out for the NTDP 93 team. Ryan and TVR worked the points on the PP better then any duo in the state last season IMO. Also logged a ton of minutes.

Ryan is another late bloomer that came out of nowhere playing tier 2 most of his life and turned heads, similar to JVR and TVR. Hes gonna be a real stud, just wont ever be that big.

ECL 03-28-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeandblack (Post 18761226)
Hes not getting drafted.

Ive seen him play a few times. Hes got alot of upside but he has a ways to go. He should look into playing in the EJHL next season, or maybe a USHL tryout. Probably the second best defenseman in NJ this year behind Providence commit Alex Velischek. Velischek is more polished and stronger, but I think TVR has more long term upside. Definite D-1 prospect with time, not on the NHL radar at this point at all though.

I agree. Have seen him play a number of times and I do think he COULD be a good one as he has a lot of raw skill.

FlyLife 03-28-2009 11:46 PM

I wouldn't mind the Flyers spending a 6th/7th on him

ColonialsHockey10 03-28-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeandblack (Post 18761337)
Christian Brothers had alot talent on that team, they just had a really bad game against a really good Delbarton team with 3 D-1 commits.

Jokie Ryan is also on Christian Brothers and he is trying out for the NTDP 93 team. Ryan and TVR worked the points on the PP better then any duo in the state last season IMO. Also logged a ton of minutes.

Ryan is another late bloomer that came out of nowhere playing tier 2 most of his life and turned heads, similar to JVR and TVR. Hes gonna be a real stud, just wont ever be that big.

Yeah I was more complimenting the Delbarton guys like Ambrosia, Agostino and Orzati. They are going to be a special team next season, probably even better than this year.

Jim Schennson 03-29-2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff VanRichards (Post 18762545)
I wouldn't mind the Flyers spending a 6th/7th on him

IIRC, the Flyers have two 6th round picks, and two 7th round picks, this year. So yeah, I wouldn't mind if they took a "Flyer" on him.

Mike Farkas 03-29-2009 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeandblack (Post 18761226)
Hes not getting drafted.

I'd vouch for this by and large as well...I don't see enough in TVR to warrant a draft pick at this time...he's on no one's radar from what I can tell...not sure where he's going to college at (I'll try to find out from one of his teammates) but that could make a difference down the line...but his NHL future is remote to say the least...

Jim Schennson 03-29-2009 04:31 AM

Isn't there a 3rd brother as well?

i love staal 03-29-2009 04:32 PM

he will not get drafted. a marginal d1 prospect and needs to gain a ton of strength and improve on his skating to get to the junior A level for next year. nj high school hockey is not very good to say the least. delbarton has some good prospects, velischek has a chance of getting drafted and a few d1 recruits already, and from what i heard he didn't really stand out.

orangeandblack 03-29-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love staal (Post 18769507)
he will not get drafted. a marginal d1 prospect and needs to gain a ton of strength and improve on his skating to get to the junior A level for next year. nj high school hockey is not very good to say the least. delbarton has some good prospects, velischek has a chance of getting drafted and a few d1 recruits already, and from what i heard he didn't really stand out.

I think TVR can definitely play in the EJHL next season, and after 2 years he could develop into a D 1 player. Hes got potential but needs to work on alot, the natural talent is there though. Hes been playing Tier 2 most of his life, so the fact that hes as good as he is, is pretty impressive. I agree with needing to improve skating. Its not pretty, and not the most agile, but ok.

Ive never been blown away by Velischek. I think hes a very good player, very polished and strong, but not necessarily this flashy, super-skilled defenseman. More so almost robotically solid, and doesnt make mistakes, and just has a very refined game. If TVR put the work into, I think he could end up a better player then Velly.

Darius Dangleaitis 11-08-2009 09:50 PM

Trevor is playing for the Monarchs in the EJHL and doing quite well for himself. 3 goals 10 assists in 9 games.

Jim Schennson 11-10-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis (Post 22032299)
Trevor is playing for the Monarchs in the EJHL and doing quite well for himself. 3 goals 10 assists in 9 games.

Here's his player profile/stats.

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=4216

I didn't realize his team is the New Hampshire Monarchs. Maybe his plan is to eventually follow in his brother's footsteps at UNH.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick van Riemsdyk (Post 18764875)

To answer my own question, there's a 3rd brother named Brendan, who was born in '96. This link says he was playing Peewee AA in Jersey, as of January of '09.

http://www.redbankarmory.com/redbank_7809_23112.html

john g 01-14-2010 11:23 AM

Trevor has committed to UNH

http://www.wmur.com/video/22220949/index.html doesnt say in the video but says the fall of 2011

i dont have an account on USHR.com but their top headline states: Van Riemsdyk to Follow in Brother's Footsteps -- 1/14/10 ...read article

Darius Dangleaitis 01-23-2010 03:27 PM

Woooo he's gonna be a good one for us on that big ice sheet.

He'll have a chance to come in and eventually QB the powerplay for us after Kessel leaves, and with his size and skating ability he should definitely catch the eye of some NHL teams.

onefatsurfer 04-06-2010 08:56 PM

just bumping this to see if any of you know any more info about this kid. was he ever drafted?

Darius Dangleaitis 04-07-2010 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onefatsurfer (Post 24968389)
just bumping this to see if any of you know any more info about this kid. was he ever drafted?

Nope, but with his size, mobility, and puck skills he'll catch the eye of some pro teams after a few years at UNH.

Moskau 04-07-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick van Riemsdyk (Post 18764875)

Yeah and there's also a 4th brother who they say is going to be the best Van Riemsdyk of all.

glucker 04-07-2010 02:05 PM

:laugh:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moskau (Post 24983035)
Yeah and there's also a 4th brother who they say is going to be the best Van Riemsdyk of all.

:laugh::laugh:

Jared Van Riemsdyk?