HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   OT: St. Joes vs Liberty (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=62458)

Rails 03-16-2004 09:00 AM

OT: St. Joes vs Liberty

Kinda surprised. I don't follow College Hoops at all, but Liberty is my hometown college. It would be a big upset if Falwell's Boys were to upset St. Joes. The End.

GKJ 03-16-2004 11:12 AM

The Hawk Never Dies!! :D

Rails 03-16-2004 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
The Hawk Never Dies!! :D

I don't expect it to. Well, in my bracket I have them losing to Wake Forest.

VaFlyer 03-16-2004 01:20 PM

Didn't know their were many Lynchburg people watching the Flyers...I will root for Liberty to win as they are the home town team, but lets be realistic...um not going to happen.

Rails 03-16-2004 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaFlyer
Didn't know their were many Lynchburg people watching the Flyers...I will root for Liberty to win as they are the home town team, but lets be realistic...um not going to happen.

We've talked before. I PM'd you once or twice, maybe on an old account though. #12Flyers maybe, or Taylor. I forgot those passwords and changed my e-mail. Not a good thing. But whatever.

I'm the only Flyers fan at E. C. Glass. There is a fan for the Stars, Pens, Avs, and Wings though.

ObeySteve 03-17-2004 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harper
Kinda surprised. I don't follow College Hoops at all, but Liberty is my hometown college. It would be a big upset if Falwell's Boys were to upset St. Joes. The End.

I've always wondered how a school run by the biggest Christian extremist in the nation could make it to the biggest college tournament of a sport dominated mostly by not only African-Americans, but urban culture itself.

Rails 03-17-2004 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObeySteve
I've always wondered how a school run by the biggest Christian extremist in the nation could make it to the biggest college tournament of a sport dominated mostly by not only African-Americans, but urban culture itself.

Next thing you know, the Basketball players will all have Hustler magazines in their gym bags.

pensfan13186 03-18-2004 06:31 AM

I live in Lynchburg and have a cousin who goes to St. Joe's. So as an impartial judge I have to say Liberty will lose by at least 10 points.

GKJ 03-18-2004 08:47 AM

What is in Lynchburg, Virginia that so many posters reside there. No hockey roots whatsoever. I say we move a team to Lynchberg, VA (where in VA is it? :D)

Rails 03-18-2004 11:13 AM

Pensfan13186 is sitting right next to me. I might kill him.

Rails 03-18-2004 11:14 AM

Quote:

What is in Lynchburg, Virginia that so many posters reside there. No hockey roots whatsoever. I say we move a team to Lynchberg, VA (where in VA is it? :D)

East of Roanoke, West of Richmond. Right on the James. Central Virginia is basically it.

Chapstick was invented here.

GKJ 03-18-2004 08:16 PM

St. Joe's moves on to Texas Tech. Liberty had no shot.

Rails 03-18-2004 08:35 PM

Quote:

St. Joe's moves on to Texas Tech. Liberty had no shot.

Yeah, I have St. Joes beating Texas Tech., but bowing out to Wake Forest in the next round.