HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tyler Bozak (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=624592)

odishabs 03-29-2009 12:19 PM

Tyler Bozak
 
I for one hope to god the Habs take a serious run at this kid, I had a chance to see him play one he put up 2 goals and one assist in a 3-1 denver win.

He is 6'1 185 lbs. , and according to most scouts could blossom into a number 1 centre, while other say he'll be a ryan kesler type and consistantly put up 50 to 70 points.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...ATCLID=1209658

Habsfan18 03-29-2009 12:24 PM

I'd love to sign Matt Gilroy. But since he can't sign under entry level rules he'll probably just go to the highest bidder.

Bozak will be signed to an entry level deal, so I'd probably take a shot at him.

Garnet 03-29-2009 12:32 PM

bozak
 
the habs tried to sign him in the summer last year. Montreal is probably Still involved

RoyBoyCoy 03-29-2009 12:33 PM

We most definitely need and center for the future so Bozak is worth a look.

gusfring 03-29-2009 01:48 PM

With so many teams looking at him, I highly doubt he comes to Montreal.

Booky 03-29-2009 01:52 PM

Can somebody explain why Gilroy would not be subject to an Entry Level Contract?

Owen Wilson 03-29-2009 02:28 PM

meh...I don't see what all the big fuss about these college players

name one that has had any siginificant impact at the NHL level

Remember Junior Lessard? Brock Trotter?

Riggins 03-29-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen Wilson (Post 18768772)
meh...I don't see what all the big fuss about these college players

name one that has had any siginificant impact at the NHL level

Remember Junior Lessard? Brock Trotter?

Andy McDonald, Dustin Penner... off the top of my head.

HotHabsFan* 03-29-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen Wilson (Post 18768772)
meh...I don't see what all the big fuss about these college players

name one that has had any siginificant impact at the NHL level

Remember Junior Lessard? Brock Trotter?

John Leclair ?

Pierre Dagenais 03-29-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymie Heward (Post 18769208)
Curtis Joseph?

Chris Kunitz?

DoanStopBelieving 03-29-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotHabsFan (Post 18769052)
John Leclair ?

Curtis Joseph?

Watsatheo 03-29-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen Wilson (Post 18768772)
meh...I don't see what all the big fuss about these college players

name one that has had any siginificant impact at the NHL level

Remember Junior Lessard? Brock Trotter?

Dan Boyle, Brian Rafalski, Martin St. Louis, Andy McDonald, Jason Blake, Chris Kunitz, Dustin Penner, John Madden...

montreal 03-29-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booky (Post 18768302)
Can somebody explain why Gilroy would not be subject to an Entry Level Contract?

His age, he will be 25 this summer, so he doesn't require a rookie contract. 18-21 years old you sign a 3 year deal, 21-23 has to be a 2 year deal and 23-24 is a 1 year deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by odishabs (Post 18767223)
I for one hope to god the Habs take a serious run at this kid, I had a chance to see him play one he put up 2 goals and one assist in a 3-1 denver win.

He is 6'1 185 lbs. , and according to most scouts could blossom into a number 1 centre, while other say he'll be a ryan kesler type and consistantly put up 50 to 70 points.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...ATCLID=1209658

Yea I'm sure they are one of the rumored 25 teams that are interested in him, since they tried to sign him last year after his freshman year, which if they had done, they would likely have a lot of pissed off Denver fans, since we would have signed their top two scorers in Bozak and Trotter after their freshman and sophmore seasons (although it was Trotter's 3 year in the NCAA, he got redshirted his freshman year due to injury, so his first year doesn't count in terms of eligibility.

Ive seen Bozak a few times, last year I thought Trotter was better and while he was a sophmore, Bozak as a freshman was a year older then Trotter. But he was on pace for a huge year this season before the injury forced him to miss a large chunk of the season. I would be happy if we got him, at 23, he's a little further along in his development, although most of that time was spent in the BCHL, as he has only played in 60 games at the NCAA level in his career.

Since they hype is out of control on him and Gilroy, I hope the Habs try and get Christian Hanson from Notre Dame. His team got eliminated yesterday, so I assume he will sign with some team soon. Big center, with some grit and hands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 18767273)
I'd love to sign Matt Gilroy. But since he can't sign under entry level rules he'll probably just go to the highest bidder.

Bozak will be signed to an entry level deal, so I'd probably take a shot at him.

I think Gilory is the best FA out there, then Brad Thiessen if he opts to leave a year early, his team (Quailer's team) there season is over, so we'll see if he goes back for another year. Since Quailer's there, I'd rather see him go back for his senior year, Steve can try and sell him on the Habs, lol. :nod:

prevail 03-29-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen Wilson (Post 18768772)
meh...I don't see what all the big fuss about these college players

name one that has had any siginificant impact at the NHL level

Remember Junior Lessard? Brock Trotter?

lol ready to retract that now? ;)

But I hope we sign a couple, I mean it really can't hurt, Bozak or not, or as Brian Burke said, "who?"

le_sean 03-29-2009 03:39 PM

What happened last year that they didn't sign him?

montreal 03-29-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 18769578)
What happened last year that they didn't sign him?

I'm guessing he said no. Yann Danis turned down the Habs after his junior season.

le_sean 03-29-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 18769663)
I'm guessing he said no. Yann Danis turned down the Habs after his junior season.

Figured that's what it was like. I thought they might have offered multiple contracts and they had 50 before Bozak said yes. Who knows.

Garnet 03-29-2009 03:47 PM

bozak
 
unix hot stove Montreal tried did't say much more

Chili 03-29-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 18769246)
Dan Boyle, Brian Rafalski, Martin St. Louis, Andy McDonald, Jason Blake, Chris Kunitz, Dustin Penner, John Madden...

Adam Oates, Ed Belfour...

Last year Jesse Winchester went from college right in to the Sens lineup.

Em Ancien 03-29-2009 04:47 PM

Habs would be a great situation for him.

Playoff caliber team with an organisational weakness at center. Probably his best chance at getting early in the NHL with a top team.

gusfring 03-29-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 (Post 18770533)
Habs would be a great situation for him.

Playoff caliber team with an organisational weakness at center. Probably his best chance at getting early in the NHL with a top team.

A top team?

Owen Wilson 03-29-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 18769246)
Dan Boyle, Brian Rafalski, Martin St. Louis, Andy McDonald, Jason Blake, Chris Kunitz, Dustin Penner, John Madden...

all those guys were a number of years ago

the way scouting and drafting are nowadays, it's extremely difficult to slip through the cracks

I'm not saying it's not possible to hit a home run with these signings, just EXTREMELY unlikely

Take Brunnstrom for example (not a college FA, but the same idea). Everyone was salivating over him and he really hasn't done much

RE-HABS 03-29-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen Wilson (Post 18771654)
all those guys were a number of years ago

the way scouting and drafting are nowadays, it's extremely difficult to slip through the cracks

I'm not saying it's not possible to hit a home run with these signings, just EXTREMELY unlikely

Take Brunnstrom for example (not a college FA, but the same idea). Everyone was salivating over him and he really hasn't done much

Most teams all said Brunnstrom would need time in the AHL to learn the NHL game, he is being compared to Zetterberg so there are reasons why all 30 teams were after him.

These highly touted unsigned NCAA guys usually pan out more times than not.

Brock Trottier was an unsigned NCAA player, difference is he wasn't highly sought after.

Em Ancien 03-29-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nittany (Post 18770653)
A top team?

Top 8 team, playoff team, w/e.

Templeton 03-29-2009 06:40 PM

M. Brunet wrote about it in december. This guy is doing a good job. http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/?p=376


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.