HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Marco Sturm (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=624863)

Andrew B 03-30-2009 03:00 AM

Marco Sturm

I realize that he is getting off of knee-surgery.

What would it cost to get him to the Oilers?

I think he would be a valuable chip on the Oilers Top 6, potentially their top-line depending on how things work-out in the offseason.

flannelman 03-30-2009 08:07 AM

He has a NTC, so he'd have to want to go to Edmonton.

danishh 03-30-2009 10:43 AM

he has a very reasonable cap hit and an NTC, and is the last remaining piece from the Thornton deal. I find it hard to imagine a situation where he's not in Boston next year.

Bruinsfan_37 03-30-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 18783296)
he has a very reasonable cap hit and an NTC, and is the last remaining piece from the Thornton deal. I find it hard to imagine a situation where he's not in Boston next year.

With Kessel,Krejci and Thomas to be signed wouldn't be surprised if the B's trade Marco to make some cap room

LordLucic* 03-30-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 18783296)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 (Post 18783329)
With Kessel,Krejci and Thomas to be signed wouldn't be surprised if the B's trade Marco to make some cap room

Yeah, he is a heck of a player but with the threat of Offer Sheets, he may need to be let go to keep the kids.

Dragon Priest 03-30-2009 02:54 PM

Always liked Marco, good solid player that is valuable to any club. I also think he will probably be moved come off season for salary cap reasons. I think he would fit well with Edmonton. Some other places I think he could be a missing piece or a good upgrade are St. Louis, Minnesota, Nashville, Atlanta, NY Islanders, Pittsburgh

MMM 05-31-2009 10:13 AM

Sturm for Penner?

BronxBruin 05-31-2009 10:23 AM

Since the B's are so close against the cap, Sturm can likely be had for a pick and/or prospect. They don't have a 2nd round pick this year so, if Edmonton offered one, that would probably be appealing to Boston.

KINGS17 05-31-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BronxBruin (Post 19746235)
Since the B's are so close against the cap, Sturm can likely be had for a pick and/or prospect. They don't have a 2nd round pick this year so, if Edmonton offered one, that would probably be appealing to Boston.

Given Sturm's connection to Lombardi, I think he might consider coming to LA.

Would a 2nd round pick or a prospect like Piskula or Martinez get it done?

WreckItRask 05-31-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 19746178)
Sturm for Penner?

Why on earth would Boston do that? He makes more money and produces less than Sturm. Everyone forgets this, but Sturm's last three years he scored 27, 27, and 29 goals. Bruin's fans devaluing of Marco Sturm is one of the more disappointing things that has happened this year now that they won without him. He's only 31, he makes $3.5 million, and has averaged 28 goals since the lockout (which would have put him second on the team in goals this year). Now they want to run him out of town for pennies on the dollar.

C77 05-31-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neely06 (Post 19746290)
Why on earth would Boston do that? He makes more money and produces less than Sturm. Everyone forgets this, but Sturm's last three years he scored 27, 27, and 29 goals. Bruin's fans devaluing of Marco Sturm is one of the more disappointing things that has happened this year now that they won without him. He's only 31, he makes $3.5 million, and has averaged 28 goals since the lockout (which would have put him second on the team in goals this year). Now they want to run him out of town for pennies on the dollar.

Penner for Sturm is indeed laughable.

I think Sturm will be a valuable player for the Bruins next year. The Bruins didn't have the team speed of any of the 4 teams that made the conference finals. Sturm should help out with that and the Bruins aren't exactly loaded at the LW position as it is.

I'd hope to move Kobasew and one of Ward/Ference before Marco. Plus what's the point of giving a guy a no movement clause and then saying "hey we want you to leave". I would not be a fan of that business practice.

I'd hope to replace Kobasew with Recchi and one of Axelsson/Yelle with Sobotka.

Senatorsfan92* 05-31-2009 12:59 PM

I could see Bryan Murray trading for Marco Sturm.

Dr Quincy 05-31-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 19746178)
Sturm for Penner?

Nope. The point of trading him would be to save cap space.

Dr Quincy 05-31-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGS17 (Post 19746268)
Given Sturm's connection to Lombardi, I think he might consider coming to LA.

Would a 2nd round pick or a prospect like Piskula or Martinez get it done?

Sturm and a 4th for Martinez, Preissing and a 2nd

Beesfan 05-31-2009 03:40 PM

I'd trade Sturm for a 3rd round pick in this year's draft. Don't get me wrong, he is still a fantastic player signed to a great deal, but saving his 3.5 million and replacing it with 850K for Marchand, Soderberg, or Recchi will be enough for us to get under the cap and keep Begeron, Krejci, Savard, and Kessel. If he's the odd man out, I'm ok with that.

This would be a great deal for Edmonton though.

LAX attack* 05-31-2009 03:52 PM

Well, the Kings could use some speed up front, they really have not had a speedy impact forward in a while, and also could use someone to "replace" Kyle Calder's spot on the 2nd line when he walks, so, along with the DL connection, a trade with the Kings getting Sturm would make sense. It's a shame that the Calgary pick was lost to get Justin Williams, that would be probably the ideal trade.

Possibly Preissing and our 2nd for Sturm and a 4th?

Ollie Weeks 05-31-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 (Post 19749061)

Possibly Preissing and our 2nd for Sturm and a 4th?

I'd do that.

BadBruins 05-31-2009 04:47 PM

I don't understand why the Bruins would want Tom Preissing back in a deal that is meant to clear salary. Sturm is has a cap hit of $3.5/per for the next 2 years. Tom Preissing as a cap hit of $2.75/per for the next two years. A whopping 750k worth of savings. And the Bruins are taking on nightmare contact while giving up a guy who's being paid slightly under market value.

LA's 2nd for Sturm straight up. The Bruins pick up a 2nd rounder in a strong draft and clear some space to sign a winger like Kessel. The Kings add a speedy, two-way, 25-30 goal scoring LW'er signed to a fair contract.

WBC8 05-31-2009 05:30 PM

Sturm gets pretty underrated on the Bruins board, so it's refreshing to see fans of other teams having nice things to say about Marco.

He is a top six left wing, good for about 25 goals a year...plays 1st team PP....can play first team PK....and has a nice 3.5 cap hit for the next two seasons. Incredibly streaky however. Maddening at times.

He does have a NTC, not sure if it's limited or not. One would think he's the type of guy that if not wanted, he would go somewhere he would like to go.

Who knows. Prolly would waive it next year if there's an extension in the cards.