HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Dowd wants to stay! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=62574)

Mooch 03-16-2004 04:05 PM

Dowd wants to stay!

http://www.canada.com/montreal/sport...D-8D693BE91F4C

"My contract is up at the end of this season and I'll be an unrestricted free agent, but I'd definitely like to stay with this team,"

Bye bye Juneau :D

Mooch 03-16-2004 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
he can stay, as long as he gets a haircut soon.

Agreed, Lets call Gainey :joker:

felixd 03-16-2004 04:08 PM

I would be all for him to stay.

Vicious 03-16-2004 04:10 PM

I'm all for him to stay.. Hopefully Juneau retires, though. We don't need both of them and I already like Dowd better.

#44_delivers 03-16-2004 04:10 PM

Quote:

he has a "no cut" clause :p

obcd1 03-16-2004 04:10 PM

Quote:

I like his hair-style, it's the same as me

Heavy D 03-16-2004 04:12 PM

Quote:

I say let him keep the hair. He looks like the kind of guy you'd love to give a noogie!

Mooch 03-16-2004 04:13 PM

You guys are a bunch of jokers.:lol:

Your all gona live looooooong :bow:

Rahan 03-16-2004 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers

ROFL. Gold.

Mooch 03-16-2004 04:25 PM

Hey Rahan where do you live?

Chicoutimi? Where the heck is that.

Russeltown 03-16-2004 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
Hey Rahan where do you live?

Chicoutimi? Where the heck is that.

Saguenay, few hours over Quebec :)

Boutmania 03-16-2004 04:49 PM

Quote:

This one si pretty funny. :joker: :joker: :joker:

Mooch 03-16-2004 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sYn
Saguenay, few hours over Quebec :)

Oh ok thanks Syn.

Uber Coca 03-16-2004 04:56 PM

Fais moi un enfant Jim!

L3DZ3P 03-16-2004 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Hainsey
Fais moi un enfant Jim!

Nah tu saute trop vite aux conclusions,tu dois commencer avec un Marry me!

s7ark 03-17-2004 06:46 AM

Quote:

Nice... I'd keep him anyway. Anyone notice that if we get rid of Quintal and Juneau, Dowd will be our oldest guy by over 2 years? He is certainly playing with more pop than both of them combined!

Marchy79 03-17-2004 06:59 AM

I would like Dowd to stick around and show some of the youngsters what it's like to be a proffessional... This guy has been all class his entire career... And furthermore, he's got the legs to stick it out for a couple more years :D

On a side note, I thought of a nickname... If Joe Sakic can be Burnaby joe...

We should call Jim Dowd : Jimmy "Bricks" considering he's probably the only player in the NHL from Brick, NJ.. :D :yo:

J-D 03-17-2004 07:54 AM

It's not like Dowd has a lot left in the tank, though. Let's not forget he's 34 years old!

Marchy79 03-17-2004 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-D
It's not like Dowd has a lot left in the tank, though. Let's not forget he's 34 years old!

True... But we could keep him around at least until someone takes his role on him... No reason to lose a player who wants to stay here, until some one can prove that they can do the job better... He should stick around, he's a great team guy.. And understands the pride of wearing the crest on his chest... I always respect players who understand that :D

Darz 03-17-2004 08:08 AM

Quote:

"My contract is up at the end of this season and I'll be an unrestricted free agent, but I'd definitely like to stay with this team,"

What did ya expect him to say......"My contract is up at the end of this season and I'll be an unrestricted free agent and I'm on the first flight out of this hole!"

Mooch 03-17-2004 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
What did ya expect him to say......"My contract is up at the end of this season and I'll be an unrestricted free agent and I'm on the first flight out of this hole!"

He didnt have to state i want to stay.

Darz 03-17-2004 08:30 AM

Quote:

He didnt have to state i want to stay.

Well, it just sounds like the right thing to say.

I'm not saying he doesn't want to stay here, just saying most players will make statements like that regardless if they are serious or not. If New Jersey offered him the same deal as Montreal in the offseason, I wouldn't doubt that he would consider the New Jersey offer, since he is from there. Also wouldn't doubt he would look at a return to Minnesota. I'm sure he probabely has some roots there as well.

Mooch 03-17-2004 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Well, it just sounds like the right thing to say.

I'm not saying he doesn't want to stay here, just saying most players will make statements like that regardless if they are serious or not. If New Jersey offered him the same deal as Montreal in the offseason, I wouldn't doubt that he would consider the New Jersey offer, since he is from there. Also wouldn't doubt he would look at a return to Minnesota. I'm sure he probabely has some roots there as well.

You make a lot of sense Darz, but by seeing his reaction when he first arrived here it just gave me the feeling that he really likes it here. The guy was all smiles, and seemed real excited.

Darz 03-17-2004 09:23 AM

Quote:

You make a lot of sense Darz, but by seeing his reaction when he first arrived here it just gave me the feeling that he really likes it here. The guy was all smiles, and seemed real excited.

I agreed with you, and feel pretty much the same. Guess I'm just playing a little devil's advocate with ya.

Marksman 03-17-2004 11:11 AM

Quote:

Could it be partially the situation he is in? He was moving from Minnesota to Montreal, from non-playoffs team to playoffs team. Playoff hockey means he has a chance to prove himself all over again - and his agent can use it as a leverage over the summer.

Anyway I wouldnt mind having him back on that contract, but I believe Gainey will be looking UFA market for someone with little more meat over his bones.