HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   No Helmet Fits Me (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=626189)

teegale 04-02-2009 03:30 PM

No Helmet Fits Me
 
The largest helmet they make is the Nike Bauer 4500

Extra Large 7 3/4 - 8 1/4 24.5" - 26.0"

Do I have any other options?

NigelSPNKr 04-02-2009 03:33 PM

Mission Intake and maybe the Fusion can be adjusted to your head size.

SirJW 04-02-2009 04:48 PM

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums...&hl=asian+head

Gino 14 04-03-2009 07:10 AM

I've got a big ole fat head and the CCM was the only helmet that I got that seemed to fit me.

EmptyNetter 04-03-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegale (Post 18836312)
The largest helmet they make is the Nike Bauer 4500

Extra Large 7 3/4 - 8 1/4 24.5" - 26.0"

Do I have any other options?

Okay, but what's your head size?

Pittsburgh Proud 04-03-2009 09:51 AM

All bauers adjust

BogsDiamond 04-03-2009 10:36 AM

A buddy of mine has the same problem and for a while the only helmet that would fit him was that old Jofa bucket Lemeiux used to wear.

But now he has a Mission helmet. If it weren't for that he'd be wearing a garbage can instead.

The Tikkanen 04-04-2009 12:32 AM

Look at the size of that boy's heed.

theheadmata 04-06-2009 11:38 AM

I wear a size 8 in fitted baseball hats (can be a little snug if I let my hair grow long). I got the NBH 4500 and thought it didn't fit until my brother showed me it is adjustable, now it fits perfectly fine (and there is still plenty of "clicks" left so it can get bigger).

So forgive me if this is a stupid question for you, but have you tried adjusting a 4500?

cptjeff 04-06-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theheadmata (Post 18900625)
I wear a size 8 in fitted baseball hats (can be a little snug if I let my hair grow long). I got the NBH 4500 and thought it didn't fit until my brother showed me it is adjustable, now it fits perfectly fine (and there is still plenty of "clicks" left so it can get bigger).

So forgive me if this is a stupid question for you, but have you tried adjusting a 4500?

Does that have the fit clip like a 5500 or is it a screw like the low end ones?

I've adjusted both types, and neither is hard as long as you know that the system is there. The fit clips you open them up and then adjust the helmet, then close them, and the screws you loosen and adjust then tighten.

Vito Andolini 04-06-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen (Post 18865059)
Look at the size of that boy's heed.

he'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pilla.

theheadmata 04-06-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cptjeff (Post 18902472)
Does that have the fit clip like a 5500 or is it a screw like the low end ones?

I've adjusted both types, and neither is hard as long as you know that the system is there. The fit clips you open them up and then adjust the helmet, then close them, and the screws you loosen and adjust then tighten.

Screws (4).

cptjeff 04-07-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApogeeRocket (Post 18928687)
lol, I have the opposite problem; a small Asian head. I tried on a medium Mission Intake at a shop and it was pretty loose; I can adjust it so it's smaller, right?

Usually they're adjusted to their smallest setting in a store. You probably need a small.

JorgeRocks! 04-07-2009 10:15 PM

Find an old greasy huge JOFA bucket. Ugly, but you got to do what you got to do

cptjeff 04-07-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApogeeRocket (Post 18929587)
Okay, because I'm currently wearing CCM Tacks 452 medium and wasn't sure if that size translated to the Intake. Guess not.

That helmet runs small IIRC. I'm not a expert on helmets per say, but if it doesn't fit it doesn't fit. Helmets do fit different head shapes, so you should try different ones on. Some fit narrow, some fit fat heads...

adaminnj 04-08-2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaBacon (Post 18836362)
Mission Intake and maybe the Fusion can be adjusted to your head size.

I LOVE MY INTAKE! and it adjusts to a very large size.
CCM is a good helmet for big bobbly heads too.

I started with a Mission M15 although it gets big I hated that helmet.

Good luck finding a bucket.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.