HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Gainey has vowed to Carbo... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=626249)

Le depisteur 04-02-2009 05:46 PM

Gainey has vowed to Carbo...

http://www.corussports.com/canadiens...2-1495071.html

Ape Clutch 04-02-2009 05:48 PM

Dude... really?

Réjean Tremblay dawg... ask urself... does he have anything to gain from this?

If so

Why should his information be considered "Intègre"

This guy just wants to "knock gainey down" a few peg.

Jealous weasel... pissed that Gainey should be so respected while him not so much anymore since Gainey's arrival

l0ser

overlords 04-02-2009 05:51 PM

Ouch, It does sound like gainey would have said that to carbo, and i still think it was very hypocritical of gainey to get rid of his 'best pickup', we'll see what comes out this summer, we'll see what's real and isn't.

overlords 04-02-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habman (Post 18839188)
Excuse my french but could some one tell me what he is saying in the article.
Habman

Basically that gainey promised carbo that he'd resign before firing him almost exactly 2 weeks to the day where he DID fire him.

Habman 04-02-2009 05:55 PM

Habman

ECWHSWI 04-02-2009 05:56 PM

Réjeaune. :help:

Jeffler 04-02-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Habman

Basically, Gainey promised Carbo he would step down before he would fire him, and lied.

Kriss E 04-02-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Habman

It pretty much says that Rejean Tremblay talked to 2-3 ''very close'' sources of Carbo that speak to him on a daily basis, and they told him Gainey had promised Carbo he'd quit before firing him.

He then goes on to say Carbo is still very down, less smiling than usual, about getting fired. He hasn't forgiven Gainey yet and doesn't look like he will any time soon.

Carbo also put his plans on hold of building a huge mansion in Mont-Tremblant because of Gainey. (Not because he lost his job, no no, Rejean Tremblay feels the need to put the blame on Gainey)

Typical crap from RT.

VanNistelrooy 04-02-2009 06:02 PM

Tremblay is crap when it's about mixing politics and Habs.

But when he got sources, it's for real. You got to be give the credits when it's due.

Clumsyhab 04-02-2009 06:02 PM

I hope that Réjean Tremblay retires. If you don't give him an interview, he will bash you for the rest of your life. He's nothing more than a big stinky old fart.

Vasculio 04-02-2009 06:04 PM

Tremblay can very well stay with his peers on 110%, he's a foolish aging dinosaur who should do like they did, disappear...

I'm sure none of this is real, this is ********, Gainey just couldn't do something like that...

Hermamoud 04-02-2009 06:07 PM

Réjean is so bipolar. I remember when there was speculation from TSN that Bob Gainey was considered to replace John Ferguson JR as GM of the Leafs, and Tremblay said on his CKAC segment: "I hope they won't steal him from us"

Dripper 04-02-2009 06:07 PM

It's just my personal opinion but unless we do miracles in the playoffs I expect Gainey to resign. He was likely forced by the organization to fire Carbo and I would think Gainey resigns after the season. Then again, it's just my opinion, and to be honest, I was not a fan of Carbo, at all.

Clumsyhab 04-02-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermamoud (Post 18839413)
Réjean is so bipolar. I remember when there was speculation from TSN that Bob Gainey was considered to replace John Ferguson JR as GM of the Leafs, and Tremblay said on his CKAC segment: "I hope they won't steal him from us"

I think that started a couple of years ago, there were some sort of scandal and I will always remember that scene when Gainey didn't want to talk to the media and behind him, big fat RT was running after yelling like a moron. Does anyone remember what exactly happen?

la25ecoupe 04-02-2009 06:46 PM

Well, certainly a hard decision by Gainey, but still, Carbo started to not be able to turn things around..

I think Gainey will pull a Cavalier before resigning..

Ape Clutch 04-02-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab (Post 18839643)
I think that started a couple of years ago, there were some sort of scandal and I will always remember that scene when Gainey didn't want to talk to the media and behind him, big fat RT was running after yelling like a moron. Does anyone remember what exactly happen?

No but that image just made me lol

Kinda like Homer running 1/2 a block and going out of breath

Travis Moen 04-02-2009 06:58 PM

Firing Carbo was the best decision Gainey made during the last 5 years.

marchabsfan 04-02-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos (Post 18840462)
Firing Carbo was the best decision Gainey made during the last 5 years.

and leaving will also be the best

NewHabsEra* 04-02-2009 07:01 PM

watching this team play, the prob was certainly not Carbonneau, its way deeper.. Im still doubting we will make the playoffs, we always have that loser mentality to come back at our bad habits, slacking down, responding at what the other team has to offer instead playing our game.. Tonight its ugly, we are winning 2-0 but we have to realize what kind of teams we are facing, an AHL one, too many players have a let down at the same time and I dont understand why.. we will get quite humiliated (once again) saturday if we show up that way...

Ape Clutch 04-02-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marchabsfan (Post 18840490)
and leaving will also be the best

and who is going to be the GM?

bhuya71 04-02-2009 07:02 PM

Wow Baby! <== thought i was in GDT thread when tangs score lmao

Garo 04-02-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ape Clutch (Post 18840535)
and who is going to be the GM?

Halak.

Ape Clutch 04-02-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 18840828)
marc is just mad that everyone is bashing his father.

Tremblay is completely senile. I can't believe they have someone on their payroll with such a severe case of alzheimer's.

That's completely ridiculous. Do not drag people with Alzheimer's and Chronic memory problems into this. For his type of work it's inexcusable. Maybe in the Pre 2000 Era of sports... but what a ridiculous excuse for today's journalists. Facts are readily available at all time...

We have the Internets FFS...

nighthawk57 04-02-2009 07:29 PM

And if Gainey would fire himself then Carbo,who would of coach for the rest of the year?Don Lever:dunno:

Listen to Reggie at the beginning,how he takes his time to reveal is BIG news,all proud of him....what a clown this guy is...:help:

prevail 04-02-2009 07:32 PM

It takes a weak man to leave a bull riding competition before it starts, and it takes a strong one to stay and hold onto the bull for as long as possible even though eventually he'll probably fall off.

Gainey is a strong guy, and a leader, he will take this team into the playoffs after a weird centennial year and risk taking the failure everyone will call him when it's over.

Don't care about the media, Gainey is good enough for my team