HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Hartnell and Giroux miss practice Monday but expected to play Tuesday (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=627525)

Sawdalite 04-06-2009 03:19 PM

Hartnell and Giroux miss practice Monday but expected to play Tuesday
 
There is talk on Hockeybuzz about Hartnell and Giroux missing today's (Monday's) practice. They are speaking of Hartnell having Conjunctivitis (AKA: Pink Eye). I see nothing on Flyers website. Anybody have any news.

BTW: I am not starting a rumor here and have no personal knowledge... other than what I read lurking on Hockeybuzz. I hope it is all BS.

MiamiScreamingEagles 04-06-2009 03:25 PM

Confirmed...

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...LPage&id=18891

Quote:

Hartnell, Giroux miss practice - Two notable absences from today's practice were winger Scott Hartnell and center Claude Giroux. Although they were both in attendance for the team photo, Hartnell sat out with a case of pink eye while Giroux had a doctor's appointment.

Stevens expects both to be in the lineup on Tuesday.

Sawdalite 04-06-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles (Post 18903588)

Thanks, I am new here and just learning the ropes on all aspects of the site... such as posting rules



Shortly after creating this post I found the confirmation on their 'On The Fly' section of the Flyers website. http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...LPage&id=18891

MiamiScreamingEagles 04-06-2009 03:56 PM

Welcome to the site.

Here is more on Giroux from Tim P's column:

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet...082&feedID=695
Quote:



Claude Giroux (acid reflux) and Scott Hartnell missed practice. Stevens expects both in the lineup against Florida. Giroux has been having stomach issues for two weeks. He underwent a gastroscope procedure Monday to check for an ulcer; it was negative. Giroux admitted he’s had some pain, although you’d never know it from the way he’s been playing. He’s on Nexium for now. “I’ll be fine tomorrow,” Giroux said. “I’m taking medicine and feeling better now.” He said he likes to eat cheesesteaks, which might have caused the problem. “He’s going to be okay,” Stevens said. Too much pressure from the coach? “Good question. He can probably answer it better than me.” … Team captain Mike Richards says he loves this time of year. “We’re in a great position right now to help ourselves get home-ice advantage,” he said. “This is the fun time to play. It’s warm outside, sunny—well, not today. It feels like playoff hockey right now.”

BillyShoe1721 04-06-2009 03:57 PM

:laugh:

Giroux visiting Geno's and Pat's a little much eh?

FlyHigh 04-06-2009 03:58 PM

Can I love Giroux much more?

FlyLife 04-06-2009 04:09 PM

Haha the little guy has to beef up :laugh:

ChumpyG 04-06-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersJunky (Post 18903507)
There is talk on Hockeybuzz about Hartnell and Giroux missing today's (Monday's) practice. They are speaking of Hartnell having Conjunctivitis (AKA: Pink Eye). I see nothing on Flyers website. Anybody have any news.

BTW: I am not starting a rumor here and have no personal knowledge... other than what I read lurking on Hockeybuzz. I hope it is all BS.

They have topical ointments for that, don't they? :laugh:

Sawdalite 04-06-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyHigh (Post 18904178)
Can I love Giroux much more?


Rhetorical question?... BTW; that was a rhetorical reply.;)








I have had trouble submitting posts on this site... Lately I have submitted relies only to have them lost somewhere in cyberspace... I hope this finds home.

EDIT: It made it.:handclap:

Sawdalite 04-06-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChumpyG (Post 18904377)
They have topical ointments for that, don't they? :laugh:

Yes ** As joke flies over head ** But it is extremely contagious... I only hope it stays contained.

ChumpyG 04-06-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersJunky (Post 18904472)
Yes ** As joke flies over head ** But it is extremely contagious... I only hope it stays contained.

It's from a very early episode of South Park. :)

Sawdalite 04-06-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChumpyG (Post 18904558)
It's from a very early episode of South Park. :)

Well, that explains it... Not familiar with SP; I'm too old a fart.:laugh:

Cmoneyflyguy 04-06-2009 04:47 PM

Ok, who do we think farted on hartnell's pillow?

chaosof99* 04-06-2009 05:11 PM

Let's just hope they don't embalm Hartnell in Worchester sauce :D

CharlieGirl 04-06-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersJunky (Post 18904693)
Well, that explains it... Not familiar with SP; I'm too old a fart.:laugh:

Welcome to the boards! There's an introduction thread at the top of the Flyers board, if you want to post in there too.

Nice to have another old fart around -- we need to balance out the puppies around here! :D

Juicy Couturier* 04-06-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersJunky (Post 18904364)
Rhetorical question?... BTW; that was a rhetorical reply.;)








I have had trouble submitting posts on this site... Lately I have submitted relies only to have them lost somewhere in cyberspace... I hope this finds home.

EDIT: It made it.:handclap:

Its always nice having a new guy actually post some true information and not just start some retarded topic for no reason...welcome.

btw, these boards have been acting really weird for the past month or two ,since around the deadline, so it isnt just you having problems. The reply button hasnt always been working, new posts dont appear, the board seems to go back in time and sometimes nobody can access the site. Im guessing its becoming very popular and its jsut overloaded with posts and new people especially towards the end of the season and into the playoffs.

BillyShoe1721 04-06-2009 05:32 PM

We all know how you get pink eye...who's the practical jokester?

Cleary84 04-06-2009 05:38 PM

Them damn poo particles.

jackofhearts 04-06-2009 05:40 PM

I know Hartnell's the type of guy who will play through pain, so I don't mean to question his beast-ness by asking this, but is pink eye really severe enough to make a player miss practice? I had pink eye a few weeks ago. It was itchy and annoying and nasty, but it didn't stop me from doing anything at all. It's also not nearly as contagious as most people think. My girlfriend never got it when I had it, and I slept next to her every night.

When I played hockey in high school, I played a game once when I had a fever. It was one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life, but I don't think I played too much worse (not that I was very good to begin with). I realize that high school hockey is far different from the NHL, but it still doesn't seem like pink eye should be so incapacitating.

CharlieGirl 04-06-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackofhearts (Post 18905646)
I know Hartnell's the type of guy who will play through pain, so I don't mean to question his beast-ness by asking this, but is pink eye really severe enough to make a player miss practice? I had pink eye a few weeks ago. It was itchy and annoying and nasty, but it didn't stop me from doing anything at all. It's also not nearly as contagious as most people think. My girlfriend never got it when I had it, and I slept next to her every night.

Considering the number of times they're using the same towels on the bench, it's highly contagious. Some people are very lucky not to get it -- I had a houseful (oldest brought it home from daycare, gave it to her little sister, and then my husband got it) and for some reason, I didn't get it. But it's very contagious. Better that they send him home and lessen the risk of spreading it. And considering how the flu made its way through the team, I won't be surprised if it hasn't already started.

Sawdalite 04-06-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl (Post 18905259)
Welcome to the boards! There's an introduction thread at the top of the Flyers board, if you want to post in there too.

Nice to have another old fart around -- we need to balance out the puppies around here! :D

:laugh: Thanks, I'll try my best to help keep the young lions in place... or at least attempt to hold them back without getting an obstruction whistle in the process -- damn rule changes -- I'll probably end up ruing my posting that. :shakehead

jackofhearts 04-06-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl (Post 18905824)
Considering the number of times they're using the same towels on the bench, it's highly contagious. Some people are very lucky not to get it -- I had a houseful (oldest brought it home from daycare, gave it to her little sister, and then my husband got it) and for some reason, I didn't get it. But it's very contagious. Better that they send him home and lessen the risk of spreading it. And considering how the flu made its way through the team, I won't be surprised if it hasn't already started.

Good point about the towels. I didn't think about that.

But couldn't they take special precautions with Hartnell? Make sure he has personal towels and whatever else would spread the virus?

Then again, I guess missing practice once isn't such a big deal provided he'll be ok for tomorrow night.

Sawdalite 04-06-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom (Post 18905548)
Its always nice having a new guy actually post some true information and not just start some retarded topic for no reason...welcome.

btw, these boards have been acting really weird for the past month or two ,since around the deadline, so it isnt just you having problems. The reply button hasnt always been working, new posts dont appear, the board seems to go back in time and sometimes nobody can access the site. Im guessing its becoming very popular and its jsut overloaded with posts and new people especially towards the end of the season and into the playoffs.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll try to remember to think before I dredge up the old topics... BTW; do you think we should move Carter to Toronto in the off season? ;):laugh:


Right now on here I'm not able to delete anything with my delete key... I have to highlight two letters or so and retype the correct one to get rid of the bad one... Very annoying.

Juicy Couturier* 04-06-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackofhearts (Post 18905646)
I know Hartnell's the type of guy who will play through pain, so I don't mean to question his beast-ness by asking this, but is pink eye really severe enough to make a player miss practice? I had pink eye a few weeks ago. It was itchy and annoying and nasty, but it didn't stop me from doing anything at all. It's also not nearly as contagious as most people think. My girlfriend never got it when I had it, and I slept next to her every night.

When I played hockey in high school, I played a game once when I had a fever. It was one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life, but I don't think I played too much worse (not that I was very good to begin with). I realize that high school hockey is far different from the NHL, but it still doesn't seem like pink eye should be so incapacitating.

Guys get days off just to rest sometimes so its a situation where he might be a little hurt and having pink eye added to that is one of them things where its just like...take the day off to rest up. Pink eye can be very contagious and sometimes it can be much worse than others. Ive seen some people with their eyes swollen shut so if thats the case theres no point in practicing if he doesnt have the same vision he normally has, it could ony be a bad thing. Its just a day off, its not like he hasnt practiced for a week because of it. A lot of times banged up players get a little cold and they sit out a practice because of it just because they are banged up and they have a cold so why not just take a day off to rest up especially if you have a game the next night.

jackofhearts 04-06-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom (Post 18906211)
Guys get days off just to rest sometimes so its a situation where he might be a little hurt and having pink eye added to that is one of them things where its just like...take the day off to rest up. Pink eye can be very contagious and sometimes it can be much worse than others. Ive seen some people with their eyes swollen shut so if thats the case theres no point in practicing if he doesnt have the same vision he normally has, it could ony be a bad thing. Its just a day off, its not like he hasnt practiced for a week because of it. A lot of times banged up players get a little cold and they sit out a practice because of it just because they are banged up and they have a cold so why not just take a day off to rest up especially if you have a game the next night.

Fair enough.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.