HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Tomas Kaberle (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=627565)

Mojo19 04-06-2009 03:58 PM

Tomas Kaberle
 
Just wondering what fans think Kaberle is worth (preferably non-Leaf fans). I am thinking a mid-late round 1st Round pick, and a good prospect/youngster. For example, 1st Round 2009 + Evgeny Grachev from NYR or 1st Round 2009 + Claude Giroux from PHI or 1st Round 2009 + Kyle Beach from CHI.

AK 04-06-2009 03:59 PM

The three packages you mentioned are probably a bit much for Kaberle.

BillyShoe1721 04-06-2009 04:00 PM

None of those teams mention even think about those proposed deals. Did you not check the response after you posted an even worse proposal on the Flyers board?

Schenn 04-06-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo027 (Post 18905054)
Just wondering what fans think Kaberle is worth (preferably non-Leaf fans). I am thinking a mid-late round 1st Round pick, and a good prospect/youngster. For example, 1st Round 2009 + Evgeny Grachev from NYR or 1st Round 2009 + Claude Giroux from PHI or 1st Round 2009 + Kyle Beach from CHI.

sorry im a leaf fan lol., but i can see something like what your saying..

maybe 1st + karlson, but that was that other thread., but it does make sense, other than divsion rivals.,

maybe 1st + cory schnieder from van
or
1st + boychuck from car

grabo84 04-06-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 (Post 18905101)
None of those teams mention even think about those proposed deals. Did you not check the response after you posted an even worse proposal on the Flyers board?

I think they were examples, not proposals.

wubwubwubwub 04-06-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenn29 (Post 18905114)
sorry im a leaf fan lol., but i can see something like what your saying..

maybe 1st + karlson, but that was that other thread., but it does make sense, other than divsion rivals.,

maybe 1st + cory schnieder from van
or
1st + boychuck from car

The Sens one is so far off its not even funny, especially compared to the others. Which is saying a lot...

rt 04-06-2009 04:11 PM

Calgary's 2009 1st(likely around 25th, overall) and Phoenix's 2009 2nd(likely around 35th, overall)?

powerthirst 04-06-2009 04:12 PM

I was actually wondering about this cause it always kills me that someone will offer Kaberle for some team's best prospect and a 1st round pick and of course fans of that team shoot it down.

What I want to know is this, is there a fan of any team that would offer their top prospect and a first round pick for Kaberle, seriously, anyone out there?

Cosmic Shame 04-06-2009 04:13 PM

I know these proposals/posts are usually bashed because almost all fans like to keep 1st round picks (young prospects being more exciting than established players), but I just thought I'd ask a quick question to the Florida fans (or fans that know Florida's situation).

Would Florida be interested in Kaberle if JBouw doesn't resign? Looking at the roster for next year, the Panthers don't have a ton of D locked up. And we all know that Kaberle looks good on the PP with McCabe.
So what would he be worth... obviously the Leafs would be looking for their 1st round pick (which, if they make the playoffs could be in the 15-18th range)...

So, 1st pick + what? Matthias?

Leafidelity 04-06-2009 04:16 PM

Same value he had in the last 15 of these threads.

leaflover 04-06-2009 04:17 PM

I think we'll know soon enough what Kaberle's trade value is. Once the NTC window opens and Burke can shop him to all teams rather than a select few from Kaberle's list that may have had interest, his ultimate value will be established.
I have a hunch however that Burke will be more interested in a proven player and prospect rather than a pick and prospect and i certainly hope my inkling is correct.

Mojo19 04-06-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 (Post 18905101)
None of those teams mention even think about those proposed deals. Did you not check the response after you posted an even worse proposal on the Flyers board?

Can you read? The thread title says to assess the value of Tomas Kaberle. I gave examples of what I thought might be feasible (whether it's high or low in your opinion, I don't really care). So just give your opinion, or don't post in my thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guys (Post 18905370)
Same value he had in the last 15 of these threads.

Yeah well I sifted through the last 5-6 pages of this forum to look for this thread. It wasn't there. So stop whining. Either post something constructive, or don't bother.





Just sayin'.

worstfaceoffmanever 04-06-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerthirst (Post 18905305)
What I want to know is this, is there a fan of any team that would offer their top prospect and a first round pick for Kaberle, seriously, anyone out there?

Not really. The demand just isn't there for him right now. Teams in need are going to throw money at guys like Bowumeester and Spacek before giving up more tangible assets for Kaberle. Teams with outgoing puck-movers will either try to re-sign their guy or can't afford Kaberle's contract and will just plug in a prospect.

Puck-moving defensemen are starting to go the way of the goaltender in terms of value on the trade market.

sensfan83* 04-06-2009 04:54 PM

Basically, Leafs fans think he is worth your team's 1st rd pick and top prospect. Fans of every other team think otherwise.

I'd say a mid/late 1st or early 2nd and decent prospect (ie. not Karlsson, Giroux, JVR, Hickey, etc.)

He's only got 2 yrs left on his contract, he's regressed and the cap is dropping... But Leafs fans are still valuing him as if he's a lock for 50-60pts on a 4yr bargain contract with no impending cap drop.

matt trick 04-06-2009 04:56 PM

The number of team's who can take a 4.25 cap hit for this year, and next year (when the cap is estimated to be 50-52 million) are smaller than you might think.

Off the top of my head: San Jose, Philly, Detroit, NYR, Chicago, Boston, Calgary, Pitt, Washington, and Columbus have some cap issues next year, or will in 2 years (Columbus, Chicago).

LA (Doughty, JJ, Voinov, Quincey, Hickey), Edmonton (Visnovski, Souray, Gilbert, Grebs, Petry), St. Louis (Pieterangelo, Brewer, EJ+ many more) and Nashville (Weber, Suter, Blum, Klein) have good d depth, and are especially good with offensive D.

Anaheim could be interested depending on Pronger, Niedermayer, but with Whitney and Wiz, they are probably fine, and would likely use assets on a 2nd line LW.

Montreal has Markov and Subban.

Tampa, Vancouver, Ottawa Florida, and New Jersey would probably be the most interested, but I can only see Vancouver and Jersey offering this years 1st, and I doubt Karlsson would be on the table.

I think the best Toronto can hope for is 1st+Bergfors or similar. Bergfors is solid, but he isn't in the Karlsson, Groux, or Schneider range.

dubey 04-06-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensfan83 (Post 18905869)
Basically, Leafs fans think he is worth your team's 1st rd pick and top prospect. Fans of every other team think otherwise.

I'd say a mid/late 1st or early 2nd and decent prospect (ie. not Karlsson, Giroux, JVR, Hickey, etc.)

He's only got 2 yrs left on his contract and he's regressed... But Leafs fans are still valuing him as if he's a lock for 50-60pts on a 4yr bargain contract.

I see what you did there

Snotbubbles 04-06-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensfan83 (Post 18905869)
Basically, Leafs fans think he is worth your team's 1st rd pick and top prospect. Fans of every other team think otherwise.

I'd say a mid/late 1st or early 2nd and decent prospect (ie. not Karlsson, Giroux, JVR, Hickey, etc.)

He's only got 2 yrs left on his contract and he's regressed... But Leafs fans are still valuing him as if he's a lock for 50-60pts on a 4yr bargain contract.

This is what I'm thinking. As an example from the Flyers 1st + Nodl (although, the Flyers probably have no interest in Kaberle).

wubwubwubwub 04-06-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubey (Post 18905904)
I see what you did there

Top Dman at WJC, 7th best prospect in the world... Yeah, I'd say it's just about right.

dubey 04-06-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcrew (Post 18905967)
Top Dman at WJC, 7th best prospect in the world... Yeah, I'd say it's just about right.

Somewhere Anton Stralman is quietly weeping.

sensfan83* 04-06-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubey (Post 18905904)
I see what you did there

:dunno:

Well, I know he's no Schrenn, but he's rated the 21st best prospect in Spring of 2009 by HF. Also was rated 7th in THN's Future Watch top 50 prospects (ahead of Giroux).

jumptheshark 04-06-2009 05:12 PM

This one yet again

phlocky 04-06-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo027 (Post 18905054)
Just wondering what fans think Kaberle is worth (preferably non-Leaf fans). I am thinking a mid-late round 1st Round pick, and a good prospect/youngster. For example, 1st Round 2009 + Evgeny Grachev from NYR or 1st Round 2009 + Claude Giroux from PHI or 1st Round 2009 + Kyle Beach from CHI.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 (Post 18905101)
None of those teams mention even think about those proposed deals. Did you not check the response after you posted an even worse proposal on the Flyers board?



Lol, they closed that thread because it was so rediculous. It was actually quite funny.

The value of Kabs actually is probably a mid 1st and a top prospect, but not a BLUE CHIP prospect. Sorry, but with the way Giroux has played this year he's not a top prospect but a blue chip one wirht even more than our 1st this year.

The flyer have 3 prospects I don't think they'd trade with their 1st for Kabs and that's Giroux, JVR and Sbisa. Our managment is very high on all 3 and we'll need some cheaper players on entry level contracts to be able to make our cap situation work. Kevin Marshall is a very good prospect that we are very high on, he's expected to be a solid 2nd pairing physical stay-at-home dman. He and our 1st is probably getting pretty close too Kabs value.

However, any deal with the Flyers would have to include the Leafs taking back salary equal to what we take on. We are also loaded on defense so it makes the most sense for the Leafs to take Matt Carle back as part of the deal. Ideally we still need the Leafs to take on another 1 mil but I guess we can just make another trade with someone else. The Flyers deal would be something like this:

To Tor - Philly 09 1st (mid 20's most likely), Matt Carle and Kevin Marshall
To Philly - Thomas Kaberle

phlocky 04-06-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerthirst (Post 18905305)
I was actually wondering about this cause it always kills me that someone will offer Kaberle for some team's best prospect and a 1st round pick and of course fans of that team shoot it down.

What I want to know is this, is there a fan of any team that would offer their top prospect and a first round pick for Kaberle, seriously, anyone out there?

I highly doubt it which is why he wasn't dealt before this trade deadline. Burke wanted too much for him and it just made more sense for the Leafs to keep him. Honestly, the Flyers already have a #1 dman in Kimmo Timonen so Kabs probably holds a little less "need" value to us than he may to other teams.

AlMo 04-06-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letang58 (Post 18905086)
The three packages you mentioned are probably a bit much for Kaberle.

No they aren't. 4.25 million dollar all star dmen, in the prime of their career, aren't given away for free.

Now if you were to say those teams wouldn't be interested is one thing, but to say it's too much is just false.

AlMo 04-06-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snotbubbles (Post 18905941)
This is what I'm thinking. As an example from the Flyers 1st + Nodl (although, the Flyers probably have no interest in Kaberle).

Uhhhh........No!

I would give you Kubina at the deadline for that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.