HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   OT: Where to Donate the extra money raised (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=627649)

Mellington 04-06-2009 07:47 PM

Where to Donate the extra money raised

Ok after it was all said and done I have 250 Left to donate ..

So lets see where we want it to go

To Help our new Teammate with his fight against cancer
http://www.teamsalmons.com/2008/05/r...tion-fund.html

To Hats for Heroes
http://bluejacketsfoundation.org/Wha...ic-Cancer.aspx

To the John H. McConnell Scholarship fund
http://bluejacketsfoundation.org/Wha...holarship.aspx

Or would you like me to split it between the three

If a Mod wants to merge this with the Jersey thread I could not figure out how to add a poll

DEF 04-06-2009 07:53 PM

I'm winning!

puckfan64 04-06-2009 07:53 PM

My vote would be to split it between Hats for Heroes and Ryan's fund...the original intent of the collection was to boost the spirits of a little girl and her family facing illness, I think the balance should serve the same function.

Just my two cents' worth...

Robert 04-06-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puckfan64 (Post 18908002)
My vote would be to split it between Hats for Heroes and Ryan's fund...the original intent of the collection was to boost the spirits of a little girl and her family facing illness, I think the balance should serve the same function.

I agree, since I could not split with Hats for Hero's and Ryan I voted for Hats for Hero's.

I've given to that group before.

Double-Shift Lassť 04-06-2009 08:50 PM

In case you don't know what this is about:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=607389

1857 Howitzer 04-06-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

I voted Hats for Herose, but I feel the same that a split between HFH and Ryan is the way to go.

Moo 04-06-2009 10:48 PM

Split between all three. It all serves for a good purpose. The first two help kids in need, and as for the scholarship fund, you know it's good when Mr. Mac's name is attached to it.

Donate all three in the name of CBJ Forum on HFBoards.com.

Casework 04-06-2009 10:51 PM

I would split between Ryan Salmons and Hats for Heroes, but since I could only pick one I went with Hats for Heroes.

Mellington 04-06-2009 10:56 PM

I guess I should have given more options if more people post in here just to split between Ryan and HFH I will go with that. The reason I put the Mr Mac fund was being from a poor neighborhood I love to support Scholarship funds and that was my original train of thought about what to do with the extra money.

QTMcWhiskers 04-06-2009 11:09 PM

How about the Broke College Kid for Playoff Tickets Foundation, aka my bank account. ;)

On a serious note, I say split between HFH and Ryan.

KayZee13 04-07-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Super point, Puckfan! My thinking is that Ryan might really appreciate it if it went to Hats for Heroes because of the fact that it would go to help so many of the other kids that he has had the fortune of interacting with.

Just my two cents' worth....

GoodVybes 04-07-2009 07:19 AM

I voted for Ryan, but any of the three would be fine. What a nice problem to have.

Double-Shift Lassť 04-07-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Moo (Post 18911650)
Split between all three. It all serves for a good purpose. The first two help kids in need, and as for the scholarship fund, you know it's good when Mr. Mac's name is attached to it.

I'm sure Mel would do it, but a three-way split seems complicated. I say Hats for Heroes.

KayZee13 04-07-2009 08:09 AM

[QUOTE=GoodVybes;18915063]I voted for Ryan, but any of the three would be fine. What a nice problem to have.[/QUOTE]

Amen! :handclap:

TaketheCannoli 04-07-2009 10:56 AM

I voted for Hats for Heroes and would really like it split between the Scholarship Fund and Hats for Heroes. Nothing against the Ryan Salmons fund, but with all of the recent publicity, I think that fund will draw the most money anyway.

abuck13 04-07-2009 11:01 AM

HFH and Ryan split. But I voted for Ryan

Nordique 04-07-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Moo (Post 18911650)

Me too, I can't honestly choose between these 3 because they are all such noble causes.

BluejacketNut 04-07-2009 12:00 PM

As I stated in the jersey thread, if there's any good organizers out there, setup a friendly scrimmage with the proceeds going to maybe both HFH and Ryan. Im game for playing. Make it an annual charity game for boarders to get to know each other and help out with the foundations. It probably wouldnt be a lot of money, but im sure any donations are welcomed.

Moo 04-07-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť (Post 18915197)
I'm sure Mel would do it, but a three-way split seems complicated. I say Hats for Heroes.

You take the $250 and split it into piles of $83, and donate it to each place. If she wants to deposit the $250 in her checking and then write a check, she can do that and then mail it out.

It's not that complicated.

Hilliardsw55 04-07-2009 02:59 PM

Ryan

Double-Shift Lassť 04-07-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Moo (Post 18919524)
You take the $250 and split it into piles of $83, and donate it to each place. If she wants to deposit the $250 in her checking and then write a check, she can do that and then mail it out.

It's not that complicated.

Look I get it's not brain surgery or rocket science or whatever, but based on the amount of work Mel's alread done on this, I'm not going to ask her to make change (you assume her cash on hand is already dividable evenly) or make the swap out and write and mail three checks.

I'm sure she would do it (it's her poll after all), and since each destination is a worthy cause, I honestly am happy wherever the money goes. Just seems simpler and an equally meanigful gesture to send the money to one place.

Mellington 04-07-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluejacketNut (Post 18917163)
As I stated in the jersey thread, if there's any good organizers out there, setup a friendly scrimmage with the proceeds going to maybe both HFH and Ryan. Im game for playing. Make it an annual charity game for boarders to get to know each other and help out with the foundations. It probably wouldnt be a lot of money, but im sure any donations are welcomed.

I am already thinking about how to pull this off ..Give me time

Mellington 04-07-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť (Post 18921179)
Look I get it's not brain surgery or rocket science or whatever, but based on the amount of work Mel's alread done on this, I'm not going to ask her to make change (you assume her cash on hand is already dividable evenly) or make the swap out and write and mail three checks.

I'm sure she would do it (it's her poll after all), and since each destination is a worthy cause, I honestly am happy wherever the money goes. Just seems simpler and an equally meanigful gesture to send the money to one place.

Hey Its in my Account already figured it would be easier to send checks and more then one dont matter my name changes on May 30th and I have tons of checks left :D

Moo 04-07-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mellington (Post 18921546)
Hey Its in my Account already figured it would be easier to send checks and more then one dont matter my name changes on May 30th and I have tons of checks left :D

Mellington is easy to remember, though, so please don't change your name. :sarcasm:

Double-Shift Lassť 04-07-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mellington (Post 18921546)

Beauty.

And sorry for taking a tone, Moo.