HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rumour: Ambühl to Edmonton (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=628371)

Hellström 04-08-2009 01:04 PM

Rumour: Ambühl to Edmonton

http://www.eliteprospects.com/

Not sure if someone has already seen this, but Andreas Ambühl of Davos is rumoured to sign with Edmonton (and Toronto/Chicago).

http://www.slapshot.ch/slapshot-news...id=8019&navi=1
Text is in german...

Sidenote: if that thread is in the wrong place or something liek that, fee l free to move/delete.

Walsher 04-08-2009 01:06 PM

Great, he is tied with Michel Riesen in scoring which means he is a sure fire NHL'er...

HFPM 04-08-2009 01:08 PM

This just reeks of a make-up move.

oilerdiehard16 04-08-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemskyforpm (Post 18939671)

That's the first thing that came to mind upon reading the thread title. Man its been a disappointing two days with the loss yesterday and now this.

jnewton91 04-08-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemskyforpm (Post 18939671)

The only acceptable make-up move is to go elite goalie hunting in the SEL.

But hey, at least this Swiss guy will LOOK like Omark, if only because he is also way too short:

Andreas Ambuhl
Born Sep 14 1983
Height 5.09 -- Weight 187

He'll also be 26 in September, what a perfect age for a forward who is yet to score a PPG in the Swiss Elitle League to break into the NHL. :shakehead

Real_Estate-Agent 04-08-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellström (Post 18939630)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/

Not sure if someone has already seen this, but Andreas Ambühl of Davos is rumoured to sign with Edmonton (and Toronto/Chicago).

He's going to sign with three teams.... Then play for the one who will not send him to the AHL?

Don't know anything about his stats - but I like him already........ :handclap:

I am the Liquor 04-08-2009 01:16 PM

So we are supposed to be excited now?
We just traded a Porsche for a Hyundai.

Senor Catface 04-08-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnewton91 (Post 18939789)
The only acceptable make-up move is to go elite goalie hunting in the SEL.

But hey, at least this Swiss guy will LOOK like Omark, if only because he is also way too short:

Andreas Ambuhl
Born Sep 14 1983
Height 5.09 -- Weight 187

He'll also be 26 in September, what a perfect age for a forward who is yet to score a PPG in the Swiss Elitle League to break into the NHL. :shakehead

Why are we signing a guy this small if Omark was told by Oilers brass that they had too many small players?

Again...there is no clear and definite plan when it comes to player management. It seems so stupid from the outside.

Giant Moo 04-08-2009 01:17 PM

My German is so rusty I didn't understand most of that article. But it is easy to remember that "oder" means "or" -- as it Edmonton or Chicago or Toronto. As teams bidding. Which means he could end up in the farm system. Or not move at all.

IMO, nothing much to see here. Carry on.

I am the Liquor 04-08-2009 01:19 PM

Maybe this is the result of the trip to Europe?
And we thought it was for Jagr.:laugh:

Real_Estate-Agent 04-08-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Datsun (Post 18939834)

there's is no clear and definite plan when it comes to player management. It seems so stupid from the outside.

We don't need no stinkin' plan.........

So long as Katz gets to hang around with his Oilers buddies from the glory days, life is good...

Everyone just move along now......

mic 04-08-2009 02:57 PM

An older version of Omark but a nice addition if he starts in the depleted farm system.

jumptheshark 04-08-2009 03:03 PM

I think most would want Omark over this guy

KarmaPolice 04-08-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 18941573)
I think most would want Omark over this guy

Any who wouldn't are crazy or don't know what they're talking about (or apologists--lots of those).

Yay, we got Brunnstrom-lite. **** me...

Digger12 04-08-2009 03:08 PM

Yep, this would take the sting right off.

The Oilers screwed up on taking home the hot (if high maintenance) girl at the bar, so now they're indiscriminately trying to hook up with any remaining cougar that's too hammered to see straight, in the hopes that they can go back to their buddies the day after and say that they got laid last night.

At least, that's how I choose to characterize it given my pissy mood this morning. ;)

awesomo 04-08-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digger12 (Post 18941665)

The Oilers screwed up on taking home the hot (if high maintenance) girl at the bar, so now they're indiscriminately trying to hook up with any remaining cougar that's too hammered to see straight, in the hopes that they can go back to their buddies the day after and say that they got laid last night.

At least, that's how I choose to characterize it given my pissy mood this morning. ;)

This is SO GOLDEN LMAO:laugh:

KarmaPolice 04-08-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Brighten up--atleast MacT is 'going nowhere'. (So is the owner calling the shots now and making the decisions that should be up to the GM? Good God what a franchise...)

hfboardsuser 04-08-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

:laugh:

I think a better analogy, though, is that the Oilers were all set to take home the hottie, but as they were heading for the door, an ugly Russian dude drove up in a Porsche and convinced her and her best friend to go back to his pad.

Live Breathe Hockey 04-08-2009 03:33 PM

Mr.Bugg - you win the analogy contest :handclap:

Hunt4Oil 04-08-2009 03:40 PM

While they're at it they should trade Hemsky for Jason Blake and Kotalik for Andy Mcdonald.

dashingsilverfox* 04-08-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Datsun (Post 18939834)
Why are we signing a guy this small if Omark was told by Oilers brass that they had too many small players?

Again...there is no clear and definite plan when it comes to player management. It seems so stupid from the outside.

Man, you're starting to sound like me.:naughty:

Soundwave 04-08-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Though I think this applies more to our Pronger-fate fiasco.

Got lucky, hooked up with the hottest girl in the bar because she was drunk too, she woke up the next day, freaked out her friends would find out, and then we went on a bar binge to sign any UFA that would come here.

The Last Dynasty 04-08-2009 03:46 PM

who?:help:

smackdaddy 04-08-2009 03:47 PM

:shakehead

What the hell is going on....

KarmaPolice 04-08-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smackdaddy (Post 18942325)
:shakehead

What the hell is going on....

Your Edmonton Oiler brass in action. What, you don't like?

I hope people boycott buying season tickets.