HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   OT: Jackets Clinch! Good for RJ. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=628607)

twenty2 04-09-2009 12:03 AM

OT: Jackets Clinch! Good for RJ.
 
I don't know how many of you guys out there will feel about this, but I am honestly proud of the Blue Jackets. I've been following them around since the offseason. RJ being traded there was the big reason, but I have to same I'm happy for anyone who stayed loyal long enough to finally see the day when the Jackets made the playoffs.

On Columbus' team page RJ Umberger finished in 3rd place for the poll for team MVP:
1st: Steve Mason - 66.67%
2nd: Rick Nash - 21.71%
3rd: RJ Umberger - 7.58%
4th: Fedor Tyutin - 4.05%

While it's not a huge percentage of the vote the fact that he was able to become a major part of another team is awesome. I'm very happy for him. He won't be lighting it up for us this postseason, but it's alright. He deserves whatever he gets in Columbus.

Remember when he and the rest of the gang won the Calder Cup with the Phantoms? It was awesome. He never won a Stanley Cup with us, but he definitely gave us one of the most memorable playoff runs in recent memory.

RJ is currently 4th on the team in points with 46, and 2nd on the team in goals with 26.

Sorry if this thread is inappropriate in any way...I just thought he deserved our support. I hope CBJ can go far in the West this year.

Claude28Giroux 04-09-2009 12:07 AM

I just hopes he tears it up like he did against Montreal.

Pope Pogo II 04-09-2009 12:13 AM

Yeah I don't mind the Blue Jackets at all, I am happy they made the playoffs finally. Good on RJ as well!

ShawnTHW 04-09-2009 12:17 AM

If the Flyers dont win the Cup here are the teams that i would rather see win, in order:

1. Red Wings
2. Blue Jackets
3. Blackhawks
4. Sharks
5. Bruins

But I hope RJ goes on a tear.

CavemanLawyer 04-09-2009 12:20 AM

Yeah just saw this on Sports Center. Haven't been paying much attention to them this year. Are they playing decent enough to get through a round or two?

sa cyred 04-09-2009 12:20 AM

Im happy for them. Considered my second favorite team. And they are doing this well without Brassard :help:. Even if they dont get this far this year. I am calling it already, they will be a force next year.

CanadianFlyer88 04-09-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 (Post 18950021)
If the Flyers dont win the Cup here are the teams that i would rather see win, in order:

1. Red Wings
2. Blue Jackets
3. Blackhawks
4. Sharks
5. Bruins

But I hope RJ goes on a tear.

If the Flyers go out, I'm fully supporting JR.


Excellent for the Jackets' franchise and fans to clinch a playoff birth; I hope they go on a run like Minnesota did in 2003. It's also nice to see Hitch and Umberger be a part of the first playoff appearance for Columbus.

sa cyred 04-09-2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer (Post 18950047)
Yeah just saw this on Sports Center. Haven't been paying much attention to them this year. Are they playing decent enough to get through a round or two?

Meh.. it depends on who they play. If its the Sharks or Wings, I dont believe so. If they get anyone else, say the Hawks or Canucks, they have a very good chance. The Wings and Sharks are just to nasty...

UseYourAllusion 04-09-2009 12:23 AM

And good for Hitch too.

twenty2 04-09-2009 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 18950051)
Im happy for them. Considered my second favorite team. And they are doing this well without Brassard :help:. Even if they dont get this far this year. I am calling it already, they will be a force next year.

Me too. :handclap:

I jumped on the CBJ bandwagon as soon as RJ was traded. I've always been a fan of Rick Nash, but Umberger solidified it. Then I saw players like Brassard and Voracek and was like "Wow, this team is going to be awesome some time soon."

Juicy Couturier* 04-09-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 (Post 18950060)
If the Flyers go out, I'm fully supporting JR.


Excellent for the Jackets' franchise and fans to clinch a playoff birth; I hope they go on a run like Minnesota did in 2003. It's also nice to see Hitch and Umberger be a part of the first playoff appearance for Columbus.

Jeremy Roenick? :sarcasm:

ShawnTHW 04-09-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 (Post 18950060)
If the Flyers go out, I'm fully supporting JR.


Excellent for the Jackets' franchise and fans to clinch a playoff birth; I hope they go on a run like Minnesota did in 2003. It's also nice to see Hitch and Umberger be a part of the first playoff appearance for Columbus.

Well I'm originally a wings fan. I started watching hokey by watching the wings but since then I am a strict flyers fan. But RJ is up next. And to think I went to riley cotes carnival and shook hands with him and wished him the best of luck in cbj.

Opus 04-09-2009 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 18950051)
Im happy for them. Considered my second favorite team. And they are doing this well without Brassard :help:. Even if they dont get this far this year. I am calling it already, they will be a force next year.

I thought I read that he (Brassard) could potentially be back if the team advanced to the 2nd round.

Don't quote me on this though, I could be wrong.

Unstable 04-09-2009 07:09 AM

Pretty cool, for sure.

LEIFey 04-09-2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opus (Post 18951568)
I thought I read that he (Brassard) could potentially be back if the team advanced to the 2nd round.

Don't quote me on this though, I could be wrong.

i think the more prudent thing would be for them to just let him rest. they'll go as far as they can go, but i don't see them risking losing brassard for longer when they probably don't think they have an incredible chance to win.

good on RJ. i would have liked to have kept him, but c'est la vie. bonne chance!

Opus 04-09-2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEIFey (Post 18951916)
i think the more prudent thing would be for them to just let him rest. they'll go as far as they can go, but i don't see them risking losing brassard for longer when they probably don't think they have an incredible chance to win.

good on RJ. i would have liked to have kept him, but c'est la vie. bonne chance!

You never know. If they feel they can use him to get a few more home dates...that's key revenue.

ForsbergIsOdin 04-09-2009 08:34 AM

Ohiooo!!

RJ8812 04-09-2009 09:31 AM

thanks guys! ;)


on a serious note, good for the BJs

CanadianFlyer88 04-09-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom (Post 18950125)
Jeremy Roenick? :sarcasm:

Actually, yes.

That wasn't a typo. :laugh:

chromemaro 04-09-2009 11:06 AM

woot, go jackets

FlyHigh 04-09-2009 12:45 PM

Jackets could have a very bright future.

Mason in net

Russell, Klesla, Hejda in defense.

Voracek, Brassard, RJ, Nash, Huselius, and etc. at forward.

Could be a team to keep an eye on.

RJ8812 04-09-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyHigh (Post 18955571)
Jackets could have a very bright future.

Mason in net

Russell, Klesla, Hejda in defense.

Voracek, Brassard, RJ, Nash, Huselius, and etc. at forward.

Could be a team to keep an eye on.

i dont know if Nash will stay. He's a UFA next summer. Same with Klesla, who I'd love to see in O&B

LEIFey 04-09-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opus (Post 18952013)
You never know. If they feel they can use him to get a few more home dates...that's key revenue.

true, they'd have to weigh short term gains with the possibility of having longterm repercussions. i'd personally wait until next season and dominate with a healthy team (and hopefully some key free agents).

HoverCarle* 04-09-2009 02:08 PM

I love RJ.

mm6492 04-09-2009 02:12 PM

Great for RJ. If the Flyers don't win, I would love to see teh blue jackets get it. If Mason gets really hot, and Nash starts to roll, they could have a chance


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.