HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: One of Edmontons top 4 D (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=628699)

Joe Hallenback 04-09-2009 10:01 AM

One of Edmontons top 4 D

Edmonton will be looking to move one of the following this summer

Souray 5.5 4.5 4.5
Vishnovsky 7.0 6.0 5.0 3.0
Gilbert 3.5 5.5 5.0 3.5
Grebshekov RFA

Any of them would fit into a team looking for a offensive defenseman. I have listed their contract numbers starting next season.

What the Oilers would like in return is a top 6 forward with Size.

They would also be willing to add the following into a trade

Robert Nilsson
Marc Antoine Pouliot
Rob Schremp

SK13 04-09-2009 10:02 AM

Grebeshkov and Visnovsky are not available, if Tambellini is smart.

Gilbert is probably it.

Starscream 04-09-2009 10:12 AM

Souray for the rights to Jay Bo, and the Jay Bo signs log term in Edmonton is my dream move for the Oilers this year.

Phaedrus 04-09-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starscream (Post 18953408)
Souray for the rights to Jay Bo, and the Jay Bo signs log term in Edmonton is my dream move for the Oilers this year.

Souray is next years Captain (unless he requests a trade). I think we will see Visnovsky traded this summer - whether it is for a forward, or as you speculate, for Bouwmeester's rights.

Souray brings a lot of intangibles to a team that is in desperate need of them - with Bouwmeester, Vis becomes redundant - his age plays against him as does his cap hit. Bouwmeester is everything that Vis is, with added size, youth, and defensive ability. I am not saying Vis is not a great player, he is... but looking at it logically he is the odd man out given the circumstances. Grebs has not signed yet - he will; Souray, as I said is a future Captain; Gilbert is young, compared to Souray and Vis, and has a reasonable cap hit.

Barney Gumble 04-09-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaedrus (Post 18953492)
with Bouwmeester, Vis becomes redundant - his age plays against him as does his cap hit.

That would be one expensive blueline cap-wise (even with Vis dealt) with JayBo at round $7 million.

Jeffro 04-09-2009 11:16 AM

Assuming we can get somebody to eat McKee, wouldn't mind seeing the Blues take a run at Gilbert.

davemess 04-09-2009 11:45 AM

Tom Gilbert would be the easiest guy to move and bring in the most in trade i suspect.

My guess is the Oilers could get something similar for Gilbert that the Penguins got for Ryan Whitney.

mcote97 04-09-2009 11:58 AM

I hate all this talk of dealing Gilbert. It appears he loves edmonton, and he's only going to get better. I love the idea of having a young defence lead by Souray! I like Vis but if a deal has to be made I say move him to make room 4 a stay at home d-man! WE DO NOT NEED another top six forward, we need a top goal scorer! Hopefully with a good stay at home d-man we will cut down on shots against next year!

rt 04-09-2009 06:48 PM

To PHX:
Steve Staios

To EDM:
David Hale

Oilers save money, Phoenix upgrades. The Oilers get to keep all of their top four, and the Coyotes get a guy who can fill in until some of the kids are ready. Comparable defensemen will want longer contracts. Not an option for the Coyotes, at this point.

Traktor* 04-09-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 18961673)
To PHX:
Steve Staios

To EDM:
David Hale

Oilers save money, Phoenix upgrades. The Oilers get to keep all of their top four, and the Coyotes get a guy who can fill in until some of the kids are ready. Comparable defensemen will want longer contracts. Not an option for the Coyotes, at this point.

This is one of the better proposals that I've seen around here.

tiger_80 04-09-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaedrus (Post 18953492)
Souray is next years Captain (unless he requests a trade). I think we will see Visnovsky traded this summer - whether it is for a forward, or as you speculate, for Bouwmeester's rights.

Souray brings a lot of intangibles to a team that is in desperate need of them - with Bouwmeester, Vis becomes redundant - his age plays against him as does his cap hit. Bouwmeester is everything that Vis is, with added size, youth, and defensive ability. I am not saying Vis is not a great player, he is... but looking at it logically he is the odd man out given the circumstances. Grebs has not signed yet - he will; Souray, as I said is a future Captain; Gilbert is young, compared to Souray and Vis, and has a reasonable cap hit.

This is ridicoulous. Players of Souray's or Visnovsky's caliber do not get traded for the rights to negotiate with free agents. As I recall, a couple of years ago, Philly gave up a mid to late1st round pick in a shallow draft to obtain rights of Hartnell and Timonen.
I'd say late 1st-early 2nd right pick is as much as FLA will get for JBo's rights.
Just go and sign JBo if you really want him, then trade Souray/Visnovsky for some good assets...

Joey McMoss 04-09-2009 07:02 PM

Gilbert is the only one available.. unless a serious offer comes up.

One Trick Pony* 04-09-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemess (Post 18954714)
Tom Gilbert would be the easiest guy to move and bring in the most in trade i suspect.

My guess is the Oilers could get something similar for Gilbert that the Penguins got for Ryan Whitney.

To Montreal:
Tom Gilbert

To Edmonton:
Sergei Kostitsyn
Max Pacioretty

or

To Tampa:
Tom Gilbert

To Edmonton:
Ryan Malone
Matt Smaby

mcphllp 04-09-2009 08:21 PM

How could you want to trade Souray. Hes knocked any criticism about being healthy and he's a great player.

God 04-09-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Trick Pony (Post 18964838)
To Montreal:
Tom Gilbert

To Edmonton:
Sergei Kostitsyn
Max Pacioretty

or

To Tampa:
Tom Gilbert

To Edmonton:
Ryan Malone
Matt Smaby

:laugh:

Gilbert has been awful this season. He will not get what Ryan Whitney got in return.

VelvetJones 04-09-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cao (Post 18965064)

Gilbert has been awful this season. He will not get what Ryan Whitney got in return.

He started out with a weak first half but finished strong in the 2nd.

Giggli G 04-09-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

You don't know what you are talking about. Look at his stats and consider his lack of PP time, the fact that as a sophomore he was given first-pairing opposition, etc. You are probably one of those guys who thinks he isn't tough enough, right?
:shakehead

BOUNCE 04-09-2009 11:37 PM

Vishnovsky straight up for Bouwmeester. I wouldn't mind adding one of nilsson/pouliot/shremp

Narnia 04-09-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOUNCE (Post 18970760)
Vishnovsky straight up for Bouwmeester. I wouldn't mind adding one of nilsson/pouliot/shremp

And you call yourself an Oilers fan. Sheesh. Thank goodness you're not the GM. No team will trade players under contract for a player that will become UFA on July 1. The only player not under contract on July 1 from that list is Schremp. The Oilers aren't stupid to make the trade. Florida would be laughing to the bank. It ain't happening. Unbelievable at how the Oilers are so many time involved in crappy trade proposals. This one takes the cake.

harro92 04-10-2009 01:00 AM

how bout this

Tom Gilbert EDM>OTT
Devan Dubnyk EDM>TOR

Nick Foligno OTT>EDM
CBJ 2nd Round Pick OTT>EDM

Loweded 04-10-2009 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcote97 (Post 18954909)
I hate all this talk of dealing Gilbert. It appears he loves edmonton, and he's only going to get better. I love the idea of having a young defence lead by Souray! I like Vis but if a deal has to be made I say move him to make room 4 a stay at home d-man! WE DO NOT NEED another top six forward, we need a top goal scorer! Hopefully with a good stay at home d-man we will cut down on shots against next year!

About time someone knows what their talking about.

BOUNCE 04-10-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narnia (Post 18970940)
And you call yourself an Oilers fan. Sheesh. Thank goodness you're not the GM. No team will trade players under contract for a player that will become UFA on July 1. The only player not under contract on July 1 from that list is Schremp. The Oilers aren't stupid to make the trade. Florida would be laughing to the bank. It ain't happening. Unbelievable at how the Oilers are so many time involved in crappy trade proposals. This one takes the cake.

I would pull the trigger on that trade if I new 100% that Jaybo was going to sign with the OILERS. I made that proposal under the assumption that Jaybo will sign with the OILERS.

eb_87 04-10-2009 01:17 AM

Don't Souray and Vishnovsky have full NMC's?

voxel 04-10-2009 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harro92 (Post 18971849)
how bout this

Tom Gilbert EDM>OTT
Devan Dubnyk EDM>TOR

Nick Foligno OTT>EDM
CBJ 2nd Round Pick OTT>EDM

Underpayment by Ottawa. Two-way top-4 D-men are worth more than top-6 forwards (and where would Foligno fit? Cogliano is stuck on the third line). Gilbert played on the top-pairing for half of the year (with Souray).

I'd do Grebs/Gilbert for P.Bergeron.

JohnAlexander 04-10-2009 02:43 AM

Quote:

Awful like 20th in scoring on D with 44 points?

He might not fetch quite what Whitney got in return but I doubt the comparison is that far off either.