HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Confirmed Signing with Link: Flames re-sign David Moss to 3 year deal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=628877)

StreakingRed 04-09-2009 06:19 PM

Flames re-sign David Moss to 3 year deal
 
Financial terms have not been disclosed yet.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=274441

EDIT: $1.3 million per year.

Great deal!

OMA 04-09-2009 06:28 PM

It's been confirmed at 1.3/year over 3 years.

Considering he was a UFA, just finished up his first full year in the bigs and he did put up 20 goals... not too shabby I don't think. Just my personal opinion though

Treliving The Dream 04-09-2009 06:29 PM

Great deal.

$1.3 million per season for Moss is a steal.

worstfaceoffmanever 04-09-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMA (Post 18960986)
It's been confirmed at 1.3/year over 3 years.

If Moss can keep putting up 18-22 goals that's an amazing deal.

FoxMulder91* 04-09-2009 06:31 PM

YES!
Such a steal.

DBU 04-09-2009 06:34 PM

What a steal! Go Sutter!

pitseleh 04-09-2009 06:35 PM

Damn, that's a bargain. That's some really solid depth in Moss, Glencross, and Bourque signed for less than $4 million combined.

Pure 04-09-2009 06:35 PM

damn sutter.

Respect Your Edler 04-09-2009 06:36 PM

That's a good deal for Calgary.

ExOilerFan 04-09-2009 06:37 PM

That is an absolute steal for calgary. Lowe needs to take lessons from Sutter on how to sign contracts with players.

Joey McMoss 04-09-2009 06:38 PM

Why the **** can't K-Lowe pull something like this off? :facepalm:

OMA 04-09-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitseleh (Post 18961192)
Damn, that's a bargain. That's some really solid depth in Moss, Glencross, and Bourque signed for less than $4 million combined.

The biggest problem in Calgary the last three years has been the lack of depth behind Iginla and Langkow. We haven't had a 2B or 3A type line since the lockout. I think that's the one thing Sutter has done pretty well this year.

I have my issues with Sutter as our GM at times (although I think he's done a good job all things considered), but those contracts you listed are petty solid. Let alone the fact we have Conroy signed at 1 million and he's got 47 points and is a team leading +17.

Now only if Sutter would get us a backup!

FoxMulder91* 04-09-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMA (Post 18961301)
The biggest problem in Calgary the last three years has been the lack of depth behind Iginla and Langkow. We haven't had a 2B or 3A type line since the lockout. I think that's the one thing Sutter has done pretty well this year.

I have my issues with Sutter as our GM at times (although I think he's done a good job all things considered), but those contracts you listed are petty solid. Let alone the fact we have Conroy signed at 1 million and he's got 47 points and is a team leading +17.

Now only if Sutter would get us a backup!

Irving is playing great in the AHL in his first year.
We should sign a vetern backup for next year though and let him develop more!

Marc the Habs Fan 04-09-2009 06:44 PM

Looks like a fabulous deal for the Flames.

Alain Racette 04-09-2009 06:47 PM

Great deal!

Rotang 04-09-2009 06:47 PM

Great deal for Calgary, I thought he'd be getting Burrows money at least.

Someone 04-09-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilGagner89 (Post 18961208)
Why the **** can't K-Lowe pull something like this off? :facepalm:

He could...he was simply too worried about signing big name guys to over inflated contracts to bother signing guys like Glencross, Hejda and Sykora to cheap deals. Let's not even start with some of his extensions.

Vader 04-09-2009 07:26 PM

Terrible deal.

/canucks fan POV ;)

dredeye 04-09-2009 07:28 PM

nice signing. I'm surprised he went with 3 years for so little. Great work by the flames

Lowball 04-09-2009 07:38 PM

Nice deal for the Flames. :(

Hemi-Cuda 04-09-2009 07:43 PM

so every player that Sutter has re-signed in the last few years has taken a discount in some form or another. great sign for the stability of a franchise, Sutter seems to command a great deal of respect from his players

KINGS17 04-09-2009 07:50 PM

I've been impressed by Moss this season. Good signing by the Flames.

Hyperkookeez* 04-09-2009 08:49 PM

what a lovely figure to sign for

flamesfan12 04-10-2009 03:08 AM

Good to see Moss signed for 3 more years. Really good contract as well.

nashnaidoo 04-10-2009 08:04 AM

That was a smart move by Moss as well though. After his breakout year he might have been able to get a better contract as a UFA, but you never know how you'll perform in a new system.

This way he gets to make decent money in a system which really seems to allow him to perform. He's still a young guy so another couple of 20+ goal seasons under his belt over the next three years is going to see his market value go through the roof. His next contract would be for Sean Avery money if that happened.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.