HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   We Got Some Flightless Birds To Slaughter! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=629352)

Orange Crush 89 04-10-2009 04:51 PM

We Got Some Flightless Birds To Slaughter!

**** the Penguins! Bring it on!

BillyShoe1721 04-10-2009 05:21 PM

Flyers: We'll beat the Islanders, and we'll beat the Rangers
Hurricanes: Will beat the Devils
Penguins: Will beat Montreal

So we'll face the Canes, which would be my team of choice as well. I don't care how hot they are, they're the Hurricanes.

riskyxxbusiness 04-10-2009 05:33 PM

didn't someone get accused of tanking their last game on purpose last year?

i wanna say it was the pens, but that might just be a gut reaction.

BillyShoe1721 04-10-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riskyxxbusiness (Post 18980273)

Yeah, it was the Pens. Against us no less.

BWAVgal 04-10-2009 05:45 PM

We'll get the Canes most likely either as a 4th or 5th seed.

dbr2 04-10-2009 05:47 PM

I just want the playoffs to start already.

Senatorsfan92* 04-10-2009 06:20 PM

A Sensfan here just wondering I like Mike Knuble as a hockey player I think he is a very good hockey player and Knuble is the type of that I think the Senators need to get this offseason so this brings to my question do you think that Knuble will resign with the Flyers this summer or will he hit the open market and how much do you guys think Knuble would get on the open market?

twenty2 04-10-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatorsfan56 (Post 18980934)
A Sensfan here just wondering I like Mike Knuble as a hockey player I think he is a very good hockey player and Knuble is the type of that I think the Senators need to get this offseason so this brings to my question do you think that Knuble will resign with the Flyers this summer or will he hit the open market and how much do you guys think Knuble would get on the open market?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/53/18...5cd7af7788.jpg

I think you're in the wrong thread.

IrishSniper87 04-10-2009 06:28 PM

Yo Dawg, who we got? Yeah. I be trying to kick it. You know wha I'm sayin'?

WTF man? English is a beautiful thing.

flyers ltd 04-10-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatorsfan56 (Post 18980934)

Flyers will low-ball him, he will want to stay but have to take the money other teams will certainly offer him. This guy hasn't been making a ton of money since he was 25 like a lot of other players in the league - he will want a nice (last) payday.

twenty2 04-10-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers ltd (Post 18981074)
Flyers will low-ball him, he will want to stay but have to take the money other teams will certainly offer him. This guy hasn't been making a ton of money since he was 25 like a lot of other players in the league - he will want a nice (last) payday.

Quick question. I heard all this talk about offering him bonuses to keep him here and his salary cap hit decent.

Am I wrong in thinking bonuses for players over 35 don't count against the cap?

If that is true then why can't we just offer him $2.00m or so and a bunch of money in bonuses? It's not like we have to throw money away on Hatcher after this year.

Sorry, I know it's the wrong thread, but we're already on the subject.

flyers ltd 04-10-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twenty2 (Post 18981115)
Quick question. I heard all this talk about offering him bonuses to keep him here and his salary cap hit decent.

If that is true then why can't we just offer him $2.00m or so and a bunch of money in bonuses? It's not like we have to throw money away on Hatcher after this year.

Yeah I guess they will lure him with bonuses but you have to think somebody will give him a very nice regular salary. All the guy does is score goals and play well, despite the criticism he gets around here.

Orange Crush 89 04-10-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riskyxxbusiness (Post 18980273)

The best part is the pens' fan who PMed me whining about the tanking comment. I guess their captain is really rubbing off on them. :sarcasm:

Orange Crush 89 04-10-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 (Post 18981058)
Yo Dawg, who we got? Yeah. I be trying to kick it. You know wha I'm sayin'?

WTF man? English is a beautiful thing.

It was on purpose (should have picked up on that in the first line of the OP). But OT, there are much more beautiful languages than our clunky English... know wha I'm sayin'? :sarcasm:

Senatorsfan92* 04-11-2009 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers ltd (Post 18981177)
Yeah I guess they will lure him with bonuses but you have to think somebody will give him a very nice regular salary. All the guy does is score goals and play well, despite the criticism he gets around here.

I think Mike Knuble will leave as free agent this summer the Flyers have cap problems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by twenty2 (Post 18981115)

I predict that Mike Knuble will sign with the Senators this summer

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers ltd (Post 18981074)

I have not heard that.

riskyxxbusiness 04-11-2009 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 (Post 18985333)
The best part is the pens' fan who PMed me whining about the tanking comment. I guess their captain is really rubbing off on them. :sarcasm:

what, they're ALL growing prepubescent mexi-staches? :sarcasm:

BillyShoe1721 04-11-2009 08:32 PM

Well, it looks like we're facing the Pens.

twenty2 04-11-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 (Post 19003756)

:cry:

slippy576 04-11-2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 (Post 19003756)

Yeah, I'm not really happy about it, I would've preferred Carolina.

Orange Crush 89 04-11-2009 08:52 PM

Bring on the ****ing Pens. **** them and their ****ing whiney fans. There's no need to puss out and hope for some easy ride to the cup. I'd rather see the Flyers fail against a good team than cupcake it to the cup. You want excitement? Let's see the Flyers pick up home ice tomorrow and hope the fans at the arena whip the boys into such a frenzy that they come out and flat out obliterate those retarded birds. You can't ask for more than a round against your most bitter rival, so bring it the **** on and ****ing MURDER THEM!!!!

GO FLYERS!

twenty2 04-11-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 (Post 19004731)
Bring on the ****ing Pens. **** them and their ****ing whiney fans. There's no need to puss out and hope for some easy ride to the cup. I'd rather see the Flyers fail against a good team than cupcake it to the cup. You want excitement? Let's see the Flyers pick up home ice tomorrow and hope the fans at the arena whip the boys into such a frenzy that they come out and flat out obliterate those retarded birds. You can't ask for more than a round against your most bitter rival, so bring it the **** on and ****ing MURDER THEM!!!!

GO FLYERS!

This.

It's time to get excited and bring the war path to the Rangers tomorrow 1st.

Miss Mess 04-11-2009 08:56 PM

Time for revenge, *****es! We can do this. GO FLYERRRRSSS!

supa scoop 04-11-2009 09:13 PM

OHHH YEAHHH. It's on now. Got my tickets for game 1... hopefully they clinch home ice tomorrow. I can't wait. :yo:

zheroux 04-11-2009 09:13 PM

I didn't prefer this matchup, but as soon as it became officially I got all ****ing amped up! :yo:

UseYourAllusion 04-11-2009 09:14 PM

Let's **** em up.