HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   is it possible that (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=62938)

Artyukhin* 03-17-2004 08:58 PM

is it possible that

the toronto maple leafs are cursed and will never win another stanley cup ever?
should they take the game puck from 1966-67 and blow it up just like the cubs did with the bartman ball?

only reason i say this is sit back and think about this.leafs last stanley cup was in the year
1966-67 or 6667

everyone knows the 666 is a curse..anyway
very unlucky .dont belive me?well 38 years and counting

Fan-of-#9 03-17-2004 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
should they take the game puck from 1966-67 and blow it up just like the cubs did with the bartman ball?

only reason i say this is sit back and think about this.leafs last stanley cup was in the year
1966-67 or 6667

Pass the good stuff over here buddy. :rolly:

rye&ginger 03-17-2004 09:15 PM

They arent cursed, just chokers. I saw a list of the top 10 choking teams and the Leafs were pretty high up on it. Cant find the article now but Im sure it was on ESPN page 2.

Harsh to call them chokers? Too often they have been close to the Finals but somehow fail.

ehc73 03-17-2004 11:32 PM

*waits for the ineveitable flame war between Leafs and Sens fans*

Impossibles 03-17-2004 11:33 PM

This post is waaay funnier when you think of the 'real' doug mckenzie saying it. :joker:

Verbal Kint* 03-17-2004 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rye&ginger
They arent cursed, just chokers. I saw a list of the top 10 choking teams and the Leafs were pretty high up on it. Cant find the article now but Im sure it was on ESPN page 2.

Harsh to call them chokers? Too often they have been close to the Finals but somehow fail.

We con't choke agai- *cough*cough*face turns blue*collapses*

GoM 03-17-2004 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Impossibles
This post is waaay funnier when you think of the 'real' doug mckenzie saying it. :joker:

:joker:

MLSE 03-18-2004 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie

1966-67 or 6667

Rangers and Red Wings had their big wait. Both longer than this one.

MatsSundin13 03-18-2004 06:30 AM

Why must you bash the leafs?its so lame to single out one team and say there never gonna win the cup again...trust me buddy this yearr its gonna happen

Raging Bull 03-18-2004 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatsSundin13
Why must you bash the leafs?its so lame to single out one team and say there never gonna win the cup again...trust me buddy this yearr its gonna happen

Man that's just going to fuel more bashing. Lets just say, may the best team win, that's the way it's going to play out anyways. I wonder what it would be like on this site if the Leafs did win the cup this year though. Would all Leaf bashing seize as we know it? :dunno:

Cat Called Bobcat 03-18-2004 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mogilny8989
I wonder what it would be like on this site if the Leafs did win the cup this year though. Would all Leaf bashing seize as we know it? :dunno:

Don't count on it ;)

Blackjack 03-18-2004 11:29 AM

No, it would get much much worse. Jealousy breeds contempt.

Feddy91 03-18-2004 01:57 PM

They are not cursed. Unless they go another 38 years without winning Lord Stanley, then I might think otherwise ;) There are so many teams in the NHL and you can only have 1 winner.

I think Sundin deserves a ring, he's a terrific player! Too bad he's surrounded by a lot of cheat shot artists (Tucker, Marchment, Domi, McCabe and Nieuwy lately). Hopefully they'll clean up their act and utilize their skilled players and solid goaltending to win it all this year!

albathegreat* 03-18-2004 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackjack
No, it would get much much worse. Jealousy breeds contempt.

I think most of the bashing that has been happening is already due to jealousy, and HEY the Leafs have not even won the cup.

My 2 cents..

Volcanologist 03-18-2004 01:59 PM

Oh look!

Another Leaf-bashing thread!

o-dog 03-18-2004 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almothegreat
I think most of the bashing that has been happening is already due to jealousy, and HEY the Leafs have not even won the cup.

None of the bashing is jealousy. What's there to be jealous about? They have a chance to win but I wouldn't put money on them. There's probably close to 10 teams that have as good a chance to win. The Leafs get more bashing than New Jersey, Colorado and Detroit combined and then multiplied by 10, and those franchises have won something recently, plus they still have a chance to do it again. Why the Leafs get bashed is a complete mystery that may never be solved :D

PecaFan 03-18-2004 03:41 PM

Yeah, all the other teams are jealous and wish that they too could have prolonged Cup droughts, criminal ex-owners, and pedophilia scandals in their arenas.

So, it's not jealousy. So what is it? It's *coverage*. For the past 15 years or so, the rest of Canada has been bombarded with Leaf propaganda by the media. Hockey Night in Canada stopped being about Hockey, and became Leaf Night in Hockey. Toronto went from just one of the teams to choose from to a league mandated "This Team Must Play Every Saturday Night". God help us all if we actually saw a Senator game early, followed by a Calgary game late. Oh no, the public broadcaster could never actually allow that to happen.

That's why the rest of Canada Leaf bashes. Don't know about the States.

Raging Bull 03-18-2004 03:41 PM

Its no mystery, it's called the MEDIA.

o-dog 03-18-2004 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mogilny8989
Its no mystery, it's called the MEDIA.

I know, there was just no emoticon for tongue-in-cheek :p