HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Trade value of the Kostitsyn Brothers? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=630018)

vokiel 04-11-2009 09:29 PM

Trade value of the Kostitsyn Brothers?

Now that the season is over, what do you think we could get in a trade where we send the Kostitsyns away?

Value at the draft and before next training camp.

I don't know, that's why I'm asking and no I usually don't make proposals on hf.

Shnitzel 04-11-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vokiel (Post 19006068)
Now that the season is over, what do you think we could get in a trade where we send the Kostitsyns away?

I don't know, that's why I'm asking and no I usually don't make proposals on hf.

The season is over... but they could step up in the POs.

Jack Bourdain 04-11-2009 09:32 PM

Get rid of them so they can turn it up on some other team...

Learn from your mistaktes, we trade our youth way too early.

Kirk Muller 04-11-2009 09:32 PM

Honestly I'd rather see Plekanec gone first. At least the Kostitsyn Brothers show an ounce of grit, passion and fire. Getting a real top two line center with size and grit would help many of these guys develop.

nyhabsfan 04-11-2009 09:33 PM

I would trade both of them for a 1st pick and a decent prospect.

Ya, there young and skilled...blah blah.

But you can't teach passion, and these two clowns don't have much, except when one of them gets hurt on the ice.

You don't win cups with these guys on your team!

Avim86 04-11-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

There not going anywhere. /End of thread

LeHab 04-11-2009 09:39 PM

Most Habs fans here did not wanted to trade the bros for Parise if the opportunity was there.

I am curious what they think now. :)

nyhabsfan 04-11-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avim86 (Post 19006228)

I wouldn't be so sure about that...perfect trade bait for a franchise forward... young, talented and CHEAP!

vokiel 04-11-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avim86 (Post 19006228)

Everyone can be traded for the right value, but thanks for your input.

Very useful.

BigTimer* 04-11-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by persh (Post 19006436)
Most Habs fans here did not wanted to trade the bros for Parise if the opportunity was there.

I'll answer that for you. They'll point out Parise, Getzlaf, Richards, and Carters stats in their second full season and say that it's not out of the question for AKost to become as good as those guys once he's given the chance. Sad, I know.

Mats NAslund 04-11-2009 09:50 PM

Plekanec Kostitsyn Kostitsyn Montreal's 1st for Lecavalier and TB 2nd

Born in 1909 04-11-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

The season is not over.

holyhabs87 04-11-2009 09:58 PM

horrible post from begining to end..or maybe i misunderstood and you meant regular season.

lets trade away lapierre too. i mean that is how it works right? young player has great year. same young player is expected to play at much higher expectations but does not reach them. so trade them away.

i mean last year if you asked hab fans who to keep i dont think many would have chosen maxime over the brothers. now off a great year for the brothers they have a less than stellar one and its all over. they are busts and its time to trade them away. ridiculous.

RoyBoyCoy 04-11-2009 10:41 PM

I agree that Plekanec should be traded before the Kost Bros. I don't see Gainey giving up on 24yo Andrei nevermind 21yo Sergei

AgRiVaToRR* 04-11-2009 10:47 PM

IF, and big if, they are traded in the offseason it will be part of a package for a superstar.

Erythro73 04-11-2009 11:20 PM

They'll be great in time.

Don't worry about them.

beowulf 04-11-2009 11:31 PM

Yup a typical reactionary on the Habs board, nothing new here. They are of more value to this team and I think they will learn from this season and will produce next season at the level so many hope for. Not time to be trading their skill for picks, we are beyond starting over.

The Gal Pals 04-11-2009 11:42 PM

They'll be part of a package for Lecavalier.

Mr. Hab 04-11-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by persh (Post 19006436)

I created that thread, so I'll have to take the blame!! ;)

Maybe we can wait another 2 years?!!

BTW, I'm a huuuuge Parise fan (same goes for Toews).

As for the Kosts bros...we'll still have to wait (Sergei had great stats VS Bruins last year's playoffs, let's see if he can rekindle some of the $%^&* magic!! if he ever returns!).

vokiel 04-12-2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beowulf (Post 19009074)
Yup a typical reactionary on the Habs board, nothing new here. They are of more value to this team and I think they will learn from this season and will produce next season at the level so many hope for. Not time to be trading their skill for picks, we are beyond starting over.

Yes very typical, you ask a simple "what's the trade value of... " and then right off the bat you have a swarm of raving fanatics answering they don't want to trade them.

Learn to read.

Cupmonger 04-12-2009 12:51 AM

With this season... they aren't worth too much imo. Have to see in play offs, if they step it up...

Kimota 04-12-2009 12:54 AM

Vancouver lose the Sedins next summer, they make a trade to somehow replace them. Come along the Kosti Bros. And we get Burrows and Bernier. :naughty:

Nakamura 04-12-2009 02:18 AM

Edmonton would certainly look at Sergei who played alongside Sam Gagner with the London Knights (131 & 118 points respectively)
Package the Bros. and get hmm.. Hemsky? Yea sure, right!

But you're right, the season ain't over and God knows how many times we change our opinions about players in Montreal. It's a constant love/hate relationship.

slimkay 04-12-2009 02:36 AM

Sergei could have some value for the Hawks as well, because of Kane.

However, I think it is time Habs fans realize Timmins and Co. totally missed the boat in 2003.

Carter, Richards, Parise, Getzlaf... all big-time leaders nowadays. Kostitsyn has been given a lot of chances, but can't seem to get rid of his inconsistency. Let's just hope he can help the team and not hinder its chances in this year's playoffs.

couris 04-12-2009 07:17 AM

People wanted Latendresse traded when he was bad.