HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   AK 46 without Kovalev (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=631334)

habsfan89 04-14-2009 06:21 PM

AK 46 without Kovalev

What do you think his production would be without Kovalev in the lineup, worst, same or better, they are similar player but it seems that Andrei is always second behind Kovalev and I sincerelly believe he's better as a RW, so what would be his stats if he was the first line right winger on the habs

jhayes 04-14-2009 06:21 PM

Ask away.

LesHabsRock 04-14-2009 06:23 PM

AK46 was producing at a very good pace with about 6 goals in 6 games playing with Lang at centre. When Lang went down so did AK46's stats.

Magic33 04-14-2009 06:28 PM

Why is A.Kosts point production always linked to Alex Kovalev?

Why isn't it attributed instead with work ethic and desire. Maybe we should change the thread to:

A.Kosts point production with hard work, desire and maybe a little pride?

There are 20 something other players on the team. What about a.kost without plex, d'ago, markov, georges, s.kost etc ...

Ape Clutch 04-14-2009 06:35 PM

I hope he figures it out

A. Kost is going to be a force in this league if he get's it done.

j52 04-14-2009 06:48 PM

What were his numbers before and after associating with a known crime figure?

smon 04-14-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic33 (Post 19056500)
Why is A.Kosts point production always linked to Alex Kovalev?

Why isn't it attributed instead with work ethic and desire. Maybe we should change the thread to:

A.Kosts point production with hard work, desire and maybe a little pride?

There are 20 something other players on the team. What about a.kost without plex, d'ago, markov, georges, s.kost etc ...

Seriously. Andrei Kostitsyn has no one to blame for his struggles but himself. The team has been patient with the guy this year and they've given plenty of icetime to him. Somehow he managed to play with Kovalev and do quite well last year, enough to score a pretty decent contract.

Fire Brunet* 04-14-2009 06:58 PM

It just has been a weird season for AK.

m00ks 04-14-2009 06:58 PM

This notion that Kovalev is Akost's kryptonite is starting to become ridiculous. They've already been seperated, why do we have to ponder what effects it would have if Kovalev wasn't in the team anymore. I absolutely love Akost and I truly think he has high end potential and might be our most potent sniper in the future, but that will be up to him and how he develops as a player. It has nothing to do with whose on the team.

bhuya71 04-14-2009 07:03 PM

akost being my fav player....

i can't defend him

i think all this crap is getting to his head because he never seemed to be the emotional type on the ice aka keeps things in and i think he is kinda imploding from well...EVERYTHING!

he needs to find his head and fast because he and kovy are the two gamebreakers on this team!

Captain Saku 04-14-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek (Post 19057026)
It just has been a weird season for AK.

I don't know if it's a weird season or just a display that he doesn't have what it takes to be a dominant player in this league.

Kafka 04-14-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfan89 (Post 19056360)
What do you think his production would be without Kovalev in the lineup, worst, same or better, they are similar player but it seems that Andrei is always second behind Kovalev and I sincerelly believe he's better as a RW, so what would be his stats if he was the first line right winger on the habs

You said it all in a few lines. Kostitsyn was at his best when Kovalev was out of the line-up. Was even better when playing RW on the first PP unit. Things he couldn't do with Kovalev in the lineup.

habtastic 04-14-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j52 (Post 19056860)
What were his numbers before and after associating with a known crime figure?

HAHAHAHHAAHHAA...ermm I mean...good point. Yeah seriously, I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with Kovy given they are on different lines. AK could play 10 times better than he is playing individually (irrespective of his linemates). Give him a pass on the right boards with some speed and he can come blazing down and snipe it. He's gotten many many chances, but just doesn't. It's honestly up to him. Deliver Andrei...deliver
4+6=10
10 "+" 0 (number of players he depends on to be dominant)-->100
this year's the year. Be our John Leclair.

adding to that...Dandy is going to score the SC winner.
and consider we are getting some much needed help from a key player in our last Cup (24). I don't know what 71 means.:sarcasm:

bhuya71 04-14-2009 07:38 PM

the above post is eerily reminiscent of that jim carrey movie...

habtastic 04-14-2009 07:45 PM

if that's what it forced into your consciousness I am deeply sorry

ps. Keith Jones and Dreger (the two I HABitually hate) just peeved me with their dissing of the Habs (by choosing Chara and Savard, respectively in their mock draft). Jones actually directly said Chara would destroy us. Always ******** on us. Cannot wait for him to look like an ass.

habtastic 04-14-2009 07:48 PM

aaaand my best friend Pierre just took Thomas....and boston as the eastern conf champs...

wow...all my most hated panelers/analysts go for the Bs

WeThreeKings 04-14-2009 07:51 PM

At the beginning of last season the Habs were picked to be thirteenth in the conference. We finished 1st.
We were expected to take the Bruins out in 3 games, it took us seven.
We were supposed to beat out the Flyers, we got eliminated in five games in which we were down 2-0 every game.

This year we were supposed to repeat as conference champions. We get in the play-offs as a formality.
This play-offs we are supposed to be beaten by Boston in 3 games.

This team has a history of doing the opposite of what everyone expects out of them. I'm not that worried, I'm eerily optimistic.

habtastic 04-14-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 19057974)
At the beginning of last season the Habs were picked to be thirteenth in the conference. We finished 1st.
We were expected to take the Bruins out in 3 games, it took us seven.
We were supposed to beat out the Flyers, we got eliminated in five games in which we were down 2-0 every game.

This year we were supposed to repeat as conference champions. We get in the play-offs as a formality.
This play-offs we are supposed to be beaten by Boston in 3 games.

This team has a history of doing the opposite of what everyone expects out of them. I'm not that worried, I'm eerily optimistic.

I like it.

Melvin Udall 04-14-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesHabsRock (Post 19056406)
AK46 was producing at a very good pace with about 6 goals in 6 games playing with Lang at centre. When Lang went down so did AK46's stats.

Although not a "complete" player - AK46 can score - but requires a good centre (i.e. Lang) or a real good line mate (Kovalev) to set him up.

IMHO, Plekanec's skill level is not high enough to maximize the scoring potential of AK46 (I continue to believe that AK46 & Pleks had "career years" in '07 - '08 because they benefitted greatly from playing on a line with Kovalev) - who (at the team level) had a MVP type season!

Don't want to think about the Habs when Koivu, Kovalev & Lang retire - this could get real bad!

TheCH* 04-14-2009 08:13 PM

Well when Kost and Kovy were officially split, Kovy lit it up!
Kost, well he was so bad he was healthy scratched a few times. Time for him to take responsibility for his bad year and step up in the playoffs.