HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Do you think (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=63163)

tnq 03-18-2004 05:52 PM

Do you think

there are much more Habs fans in Ontario than Leaf's fans in Quebec :p

Mooch 03-18-2004 05:55 PM

NO. I live around Toronto, and i never see any hab fans. All a bunch of whiny Leaf lovers.

Fozz 03-18-2004 06:01 PM

I'm from Quebec... Not many, if any Leaf fans around here. The funny thing is that I live right across the bridge from Ontario (Ottawa) where Laffs fans abound!

LPHabsFan 03-18-2004 06:07 PM

Habs fans are just a hell of a lot quiter than the leaf fans. Thats why I think it seems as though there aren't as many. And like Boivin said. A lot of the leaf fans are here because of business's from Toronto sending them here to do business.

Perfect_Gravity 03-18-2004 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnq
there are much more Habs fans in Ontario than Leaf's fans in Quebec :p

I'm a hab fan from Mississauga, which in case you don't know is 30min from Toronto.

But ya not manny hab fans here, people like the habs second, usually. Like they want Toronto to win the Cup, but Montreal to do good. Good but not better than the leafs.

Mike8 03-18-2004 08:02 PM

I'd assume because more people from Montreal move to Toronto than vice versa.

oli500 03-18-2004 09:39 PM

Im from kitchener wich is only 1 hour away from Toronto.

Two years ago when the habs were in the playoffs I put a giant habs flag in my front window. After they were eliminated by the hurricanes my houses was egged by some ediotic leafs fan that life a bloack away from mine, Luckely my neighbor saw who it was and tol me the next day. When the Canes put out the leafs well guess what I did.......

Oh yeah im puting that same flag acros my window this year again.

Dutchy 03-18-2004 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oli500
Im from kitchener wich is only 1 hour away from Toronto.

Two years ago when the habs were in the playoffs I put a giant habs flag in my front window. After they were eliminated by the hurricanes my houses was egged by some ediotic leafs fan that life a bloack away from mine, Luckely my neighbor saw who it was and tol me the next day. When the Canes put out the leafs well guess what I did.......

Oh yeah im puting that same flag acros my window this year again.

I'm now your #1 fan.

tnq 03-18-2004 10:08 PM

poor guys behind the enemy line :p , i am so proud of you guys :handclap: you get your revenge soon

Natural Habs Fan 03-18-2004 10:20 PM

I live in the GTA... I know a lot of habs fans!

tnq 03-18-2004 11:14 PM

so far so good, i don't see any leaf fan from Quebec reply yet or because they hate Habs so much then they want to read here :)

2112 03-18-2004 11:16 PM

I know 10 or so Hab fans from Kingston...but it is also mostly a Leaf town.

tnq 03-18-2004 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2112
I know 10 or so Hab fans from Kingston...but it is also mostly a Leaf town.

maybe they are Kilger relative :p

s7ark 03-19-2004 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfan69
I'm a loud and proud Hab fan from Oakville 45 minutes west of Loaf land ! and I just won a bet for the last game we played against the Loafs and this proud Loaf fan had to say Habs were #1 all day, and Ryder was his favorite player + drive around with my giant Hab flag flying proudly from his truck! :joker:

:bow: Bloody brilliant! That's just as good as money in my book! :handclap:

Darz 03-19-2004 07:33 AM

Actually in Northern Ontario there are alot of communities where the hab fans out number the leaf fans.
Towns like Hearst, Kapuskasing, Cochrane, along with others have way more hab fans than leaf fans, and in many other communites up here there are large groups of hab fans.

I doubt there is any part of Quebec that has a fraction of that kind of support for the leafs. So in conclusion I think there are WAY more habs fans in Ontario than leaf fans in Quebec.

Estimated_Prophet 03-19-2004 07:36 AM

I live 40 minutes north of Toronto and there aren't a whole lot of Hab fans here. The funny thing is that Hockey fans in Southern Ontario are major bandwagon jumpers and if Montreal were to somehow win the Cup there would be all sorts of Hab fans in Barrie and the rest of Southern Ontario.