HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Playoff songs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=63196)

didjuicythat 03-18-2004 07:26 PM

Playoff songs

Just to get in the mood for playoffs! :D
Do you guys know any playoff song titles?

The only two I know of are Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation (used by most teams in the NHL as a goal song) and the good old Get Ready For This song! :p

Any others worth downloading?

Clumsyhab 03-18-2004 07:45 PM

Interesting thread. I'd like to know the title of the song when the Habs score a goal. Something like: ta ta ta ta ta tatata tatatata, oh ho oh ho ohhhhhhhh... I don't know if that helps... Also the song when the Habs jumped on ice after the annoucer presents: "Voici les Canadiens de Montréal"

didjuicythat 03-18-2004 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
Interesting thread. I'd like to know the title of the song when the Habs score a goal. Something like: ta ta ta ta ta tatata tatatata, oh ho oh ho ohhhhhhhh... I don't know if that helps...

This one I have been searching for months... sadly never could find it. :mad:

RE-HABS 03-18-2004 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiggsFan
This one I have been searching for months... sadly never could find it. :mad:

My buddy has searched long and hard for that one too and has had no luck! Anyone have the title??? Maybe contact the habs organization to get it's name and who did it?

Dutchy 03-18-2004 08:04 PM

The version I have at home is someone who actually brought a mike in the Bell Center and recorded the song + ambience after a goal.

The song was made by/for the Habs, so there are some copywriting laws which prevents them from broadcasting the song elsewhere than inside the arena.

not quite yoda 03-18-2004 08:05 PM

One Ilove only comes on once (or twice) a year on the CBC. It's on every year right before the very 1st playoff game. It's called "The Chance" ("...so give it all you got... this may be your last chance...where legends make their mark and heroes get their name...").

Anyways, I downloaded it years ago.

Dutchy 03-18-2004 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
My buddy has searched long and hard for that one too and has had no luck! Anyone have the title??? Maybe contact the habs organization to get it's name and who did it?

One of my friends contacted them and they gave him the answer I posted above. I could give you guys the name and title of the recording I found. I'll post it when I get home.

RE-HABS 03-18-2004 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy
One of my friends contacted them and they gave him the answer I posted above. I could give you guys the name and title of the recording I found. I'll post it when I'll get home.

Thanks Dutchy! ;)

RE-HABS 03-18-2004 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espion
One Ilove only comes on once (or twice) a year on the CBC. It's on every year right before the very 1st playoff game. It's called "The Chance" ("...so give it all you got... this may be your last chance...where legends make their mark and heroes get their name...").

Anyways, I downloaded it years ago.

Your avatar of Belfour and Sundin bums me out bigtime! Funny as hell.

s7ark 03-18-2004 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
Interesting thread. I'd like to know the title of the song when the Habs score a goal. Something like: ta ta ta ta ta tatata tatatata, oh ho oh ho ohhhhhhhh... I don't know if that helps...

Isn't that Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson? :yo:
Oops, wrong number of hos... :rolly:

Dutchy 03-18-2004 09:30 PM

I checked it again and I had actually downloaded 2 versions of the goal song. One is a recording at the Bell Center and the other one is a midi version of the song.

Here are the infos on the recordings I found on a P2P software:

Midi version
Bolt - Canadiens Horn.mp3
1:35 min / 1119kb

At Bell Center
Montreal Canadiens Goal Theme.mp3
1:14 min / 1023kb

Dan K 03-18-2004 10:46 PM

Well, there's that Silver Cup song on TSN.

And, last Habs playoff run, It's a Beautiful Day was played with clips of past Habs cup runs before each game or during intermissions at the Bell Centre.

NBHABSFAN 03-18-2004 11:13 PM

Another good one is OLE! by Bouncing Souls

J-D 03-18-2004 11:38 PM

Right before the national anthems when the two teams skate around they play "Where the streets have no name" by U2.

L'abstrait 03-19-2004 01:01 AM

The team's management should distribute booklets of stadium songs for the playoffs! That would be cool! Its always good to ear Olé olé olé olé! and Na nah nah nah!!! but we should try to recreate a bit of the ambiance in the european stadium for football ...euh...soccer ;) !

GG#60 03-19-2004 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABSTRAK
The team's management should distribute booklets of stadium songs for the playoffs! That would be cool! Its always good to ear Olé olé olé olé! and Na nah nah nah!!! but we should try to recreate a bit of the ambiance in the european stadium for football ...euh...soccer ;) !

you mean hooligans and stuff? :)
PLease NOT, i can't stand soccer, it's so big in europe, you see anytime everywhere on tv. Soccer: world's game, the game of the youth and so on and so on. I can't stand this crap.

</soccer_bashing>

Please don't try to recreate soccer stadium ambience at the bell centre :D

Catala 03-19-2004 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-D
Right before the national anthems when the two teams skate around they play "Where the streets have no name" by U2.

Every time they play it, all my body shakes. Great song and they play it right when the intensity is at his maximum...

Catala 03-19-2004 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GG#60
you mean hooligans and stuff? :)
PLease NOT, i can't stand soccer, it's so big in europe, you see anytime everywhere on tv. Soccer: world's game, the game of the youth and so on and so on. I can't stand this crap.

</soccer_bashing>

Please don't try to recreate soccer stadium ambience at the bell centre :D

hmmm plz don't start bashing soccer as it is my sport and i love it as much as hockey... i could talk hours and hours with you about what makes those 2 sports GREAT sports...

And habstrak is right, some more original songs from our habs would be great. there isn't much thatmatch the ambiance of a Marseille/PSG game with 70 000 people singing in "unison" for their team...

Wait, i have to admit the Forum's ambiance was very close. as well as the olympic stadium in 95 (good times my friends, good times)

chicpea* 03-19-2004 08:47 AM

God, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been looking for that goal song! I had the name of the woman, I think, who wrote it but could never find a version of it anywhere. If anyone has it, please feel free to pm me. I have a few non-HFboards friends who also want it oddly enough.

sandman08 03-19-2004 09:03 AM

me too heh
i cant seem to find at all and have been lookin for awhile heh
pm me or do whatever is necessary for me to find it please :D
i beg y'all :)

Dutchy 03-19-2004 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catala
hmmm plz don't start bashing soccer as it is my sport and i love it as much as hockey... i could talk hours and hours with you about what makes those 2 sports GREAT sports...

Can't wait for this year Euro. The Oranje Army is going to kick France's ass, I'm ready to bet on it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicpea
God, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been looking for that goal song!

You know I have it, right?

English Hab 03-19-2004 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catala
Wait, i have to admit the Forum's ambiance was very close. as well as the olympic stadium in 95 (good times my friends, good times)

Well being a english soccer hooligan.... i'd tend to agree with Catala on this one... I've seen soccer games in both England and Spain and to be honest the bell centre is the closet to ever recreating such an amazing sporting atmosphere... to be honest i've seen alot of north american sports, football, hockey, baseball and bball.... and none have come close to representing that sort of feeling... Just standing in a crowd chanting and cheering together!!!! just unbelieveable.... and until you've tried it don't knock it. However the bell centre is soooo close... I don't expect it to be like a soccer game.. and i never would, though its that type of atmosphere that makes players like kovalev say "hes never heard a crowd as loud or as supportive of its team...."

English Hab 03-19-2004 09:41 AM

[QUOTE=Dutchy]Can't wait for this year Euro. The Oranje Army is going to kick France's ass, I'm ready to bet on it!QUOTE]

All i can say dutchy is 4-1.... last major touranment when our nations met.... as for France over the hill!!!! hahaha i'm sooo contreversial!!!!

SergeiKost99 03-19-2004 09:50 AM

ya i need help with some playoff songs too...i always liked this song , they played it before the games started in the playoffs...but i forget wat it was called and how it goes....but once i hear it in the playoffs ill get back at u ....that kenkraft one is the bruines goal horn...it is pretty good

Dutchy 03-19-2004 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by English Hab
All i can say dutchy is 4-1.... last major touranment when our nations met.... as for France over the hill!!!! hahaha i'm sooo contreversial!!!!

Best of luck, mate! May the best Dutch player make you cry like a girl.... ;)

Nah, I'm just hoping for a good tournament.