HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ding-ding for Bruins-Habs? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=632181)

hockeyscribe22 04-16-2009 02:36 PM

Ding-ding for Bruins-Habs?

http://insidehockey.com/columns/3550

Slainte,

Murph

Iwishihadacup 04-16-2009 02:42 PM

Bring Em On!!!

bipolarhabfan 04-16-2009 02:55 PM

This is exactly what Laraque should be doing. He will keep the opposition honest and did play his best game of the season on Saturday. So, he can bring something more to the Habs. My comments about his uselessness were off base.

Kriss E 04-16-2009 02:55 PM

Nice article, that where Laraque could become useful.

Ahhh..the good old days..

12jf54 04-16-2009 02:56 PM

Lol @ Gainey saying : " Laraque has to bring his full toolbox tonight " :yo:

417 04-16-2009 02:57 PM

Somewhere along the way, Habs believed it was more important to settle scores, than to win hockey games...

Habs haven't beat the Bruins in regulation since

HabsDood 04-16-2009 03:02 PM

Didn't I had a post here?:sarcasm:

Be patient mods;)

TheCH* 04-16-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 (Post 19093732)
Somewhere along the way, Habs believed it was more important to settle scores, than to win hockey games...

I'll take 4 more OT wins no problem!

Kriss E 04-16-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 (Post 19093732)

I disagree. Outside one game where they beat us 6-1, the times we faced them were always tight. We lost twice in OT and twice 3-1 (one empty netter, the other a late goal in 3rd when we were pressuring them because there was just around 1min left in game)

We have battled through injuries and ups/downs throughout the year, while the Bruins have been on fire since the start. That's why we lost. I also feel after winning again the first game vs Boston, they underrated them, which would explain the 6-1 Defeat the following game.

It's tough to know what will happen, because our team always counted on Markov. Without him, it might take a few games to adapt, maybe they'll find a temporary solution long enough to last until his return.

Should be all interesting.

WBC8 04-16-2009 03:09 PM

From another blog on WWW.BOSTONBRUINS.COM

1:33 p.m.
During his press conference, B's head coach Claude Julien again spoke about the Bruins leaving last week's Bruins vs. Canadiens game in the past.

"I think we’re very open and vocal about the fact that we crossed a line in the second period," he said. "There’s no secrets here, guys. We crossed a line, we realized it, and we paid for it, and we let them back in the game, and that’s certainly not something we’re planning on doing.

"We’re going to play the same way we have all year --- but not like the second period."

Habs 4 Life 04-16-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsDood (Post 19093842)
Didn't I had a post here?:sarcasm:

Be patient mods;)

No patience,let's not feed the trolls please

HabsDood 04-16-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 (Post 19093986)
From another blog on WWW.BOSTONBRUINS.COM

1:33 p.m.
During his press conference, B's head coach Claude Julien again spoke about the Bruins leaving last week's Bruins vs. Canadiens game in the past.

"I think we’re very open and vocal about the fact that we crossed a line in the second period," he said. "There’s no secrets here, guys. We crossed a line, we realized it, and we paid for it, and we let them back in the game, and that’s certainly not something we’re planning on doing.

"We’re going to play the same way we have all year --- but not like the second period."

Yeah, wusss...

hockeyscribe22 04-16-2009 03:13 PM

Come in peace folks..

Enjoy the series!

Slainte,

Murph

HabsDood 04-16-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 19094017)
No patience,let's not feed the trolls please

Well, I can't feed a troll on my board can I?

Anyway,, Ya know, playoffs... Adrenaline..

Have a great series!:nod:

shutehinside 04-16-2009 04:50 PM

I think the beauty of bringing in a guy like Laraque is that it keeps the 2 or 3 Bruin goons honest. If they're not mucking it up with our players then we can focus on our game and not play to the Bruins strenghths.
By Laraque challenging Thornton, Lucic and Chara he has painted a big bulls eye on his chest and in doing so will take the punishment that would otherwise be dealt to our talented forwards. Having Laraque in the line up will make a HUGE difference imo as long as the talented forwards focus on what they need to do and not get dragged into all the scirmishes and becoming unfocuse. That's basically what the Bruins do to other teams, allow their top forwards to play while the bigger guys take the other side off their game by gooning them.
Gainey can see this and that's why he got Laraque last year, he recognised this shortcoming and filled it.
Go Habs Go!

Naoned 04-16-2009 05:00 PM

I really like what BGL has been doing this last few days. Adding a little more excitement - not that it was needed. :)

ToysInTheAttic 04-16-2009 05:12 PM

I like what BGL is saying. He is saying that if there is going to be an over the top physicality in this series, he is going to be the guy to dictate the terms. This gent is bringing a whole new toolbox to this series.

Lone Rogue 04-16-2009 05:15 PM

Chris Nilan is insane. The whole team is on one side of the Boston Arena and what does he do? He takes a swing at someone on the Boston bench! :biglaugh: Absolutely insane.

ToysInTheAttic 04-16-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Rogue (Post 19095894)
Chris Nilan is insane. The whole team is on one side of the Boston Arena and what does he do? He takes a swing at someone on the Boston bench! :biglaugh: Absolutely insane.

He took a swing at Ken Linesman, a little Sean Avery type player. Just swatting a fly in passing.

12jf54 04-16-2009 05:30 PM

Watch and learn... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77HH2nIEJMk

Ken Linseman kind of looks like Artie Ziff at 2:42 :sarcasm:

http://patitodegoma.es/__oneclick_up...artie_ziff.png

Habs13 04-16-2009 05:41 PM

Awesome video clip at the end of the article....man, I hope it boils over tonight!

ToysInTheAttic 04-16-2009 05:49 PM

Very interesting how BGL has come out in the press the last few days challenging the Bruin's tough guys. What is even more interesting is how BG came out today to affirm that he expects BGL to bring all of the tools in his toolbox. IMO, what this means is that this series should be a clean hard hitting series with no targeting of Habs players, otherwise BGL will bring the sackdown. Yo:yo:

slocheauska 04-16-2009 05:49 PM

I really like what Laraque is saying... and stuff.

Nice read.