HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Leetch puts feelings on ice (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=63269)

KING 03-19-2004 05:42 AM

Leetch puts feelings on ice

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-152515c.html

KING 03-19-2004 05:43 AM

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/21234.htm

in the hall 03-19-2004 09:27 AM

beating the dead horse dellapina.. this is like the third time you said the exact same thing.. like leetch said its over with who cares

Pearl Necklace 03-19-2004 11:53 AM

Anyone see his stat line against Filthy last night?

2 goals, one assist.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-19-2004 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall
beating the dead horse dellapina.. this is like the third time you said the exact same thing.. like leetch said its over with who cares

As a Ranger fan, I would think that you would care. What does it say to FA considering coming the Rangers that Sather might just dump him if he feels like it. Leetch deserved better. The organization deserve better. The fans deserve better. Leetch is just too classy to say as much. It sends a horrible message to the players.

And Dellepina is doing a good job to not let this recent run on youth disguise that fact that Sather has done a disgraceful job here. We might all be enjoying the youth but it is three years too late. And that is Sather's fault.

And it is a horrible precident being set that the least popular person in franchise history was allowed to and did trade the (arguably) most popular.

NYR2 03-19-2004 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
As a Ranger fan, I would think that you would care.

Surprisingly, we're finding out now that he's gone that not a lot of people, just like Glenny boy, care about loyalty anymore. It's sad. Brian deserves a lot more than he got and what he's getting from some fans.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-19-2004 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR2
Surprisingly, we're finding out now that he's gone that not a lot of people, just like Glenny boy, care about loyalty anymore. It's sad. Brian deserves a lot more than he got and what he's getting from some fans.

IMO there are two issues here:

1) That it was Leetch.

2) A big free agent signing (and Leetch was that) was uncermoniously traded with little regard. Not treatment that a UFA would find appealing.

NYR2 03-19-2004 01:12 PM

Quote:

2) A big free agent signing (and Leetch was that) was uncermoniously traded with little regard.

That's what bothers me. Nevermind that he was a big free agent signing, because I don't really think I looked at it that way at all and maybe that's just me, but just the way it was handled by the *******. Brian didn't deserve it to happen that way.

I will always stand by my feelings that he shouldn't have been traded, he's done enough and been loyal enough to the Rangers to get the choice to stay or go. I don't understand how Mess got that choice but Brian didn't. I don't see how that's fair and it really ticked me off.

And it's just REALLY pissing me off seeing people say, "move on" or "get over it, he had to go" or "we lost with him, we can lose without him." It's not about winning with him or without him, I don't quite understand the reason people say that. What it is to me, when these days in pro sport where there is little loyalty left, is you don't trade a guy who bled red white and blue, and will bleed it for the rest of his life. You just don't. You show him the same class and loyalty he's shown to you his entire career, and people are just shoving him off now.

I'm done with my rant now. :teach: :joker:

Tommy Udo 03-19-2004 02:05 PM

If it's a matter of business and business only, then why the hell didn't Sather trade Messier?

Bluenote13 03-19-2004 02:15 PM

Sather couldve handled the trade differently. I'm not sure why this guy gets so cocky? It'd be different if he'd won anything in the last 14 years.....

in the hall 03-19-2004 02:18 PM

because mess is his buddy :mad:

Brooklyn Ranger 03-19-2004 11:53 PM

Quote:

As a Ranger fan, I would think that you would care. What does it say to FA considering coming the Rangers that Sather might just dump him if he feels like it. Leetch deserved better. The organization deserve better. The fans deserve better. Leetch is just too classy to say as much. It sends a horrible message to the players.

And Dellepina is doing a good job to not let this recent run on youth disguise that fact that Sather has done a disgraceful job here. We might all be enjoying the youth but it is three years too late. And that is Sather's fault.

And it is a horrible precident being set that the least popular person in franchise history was allowed to and did trade the (arguably) most popular.

Excellent points Singin'. I will "move on" when the Jackass who traded Leetch is no longer part of the Rangers.

Skroob* 03-20-2004 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall
because mess is his buddy :mad:

and Mess intentionally runied his own trade value by stating that if he was traded, he would retire on the spot. Way to help the team, Mark.