HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What are your gameday/gametime rituals? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=63327)

donelikedinner 03-19-2004 11:10 AM

What are your gameday/gametime rituals?

i sit in the same place on my couch, drink diet dr. pepper, and unless a friend is cheering for the other team, i watch the game by myself because i hate distractions. and of course, i wear my favorite flyers gear.

Teezax 03-19-2004 11:16 AM

My ritual is to find something for my girlfriend to do for the 2.5 hours that the game will be on......woe is me :cry:

Rails 03-19-2004 11:23 AM

Not starting the game thread and not posting in it from now on. We've always lost when I post a prediction or start the thread.

Coburnfan05 03-19-2004 11:28 AM

I take the phone off the hook if we are playing the Leafs...Every single 1 of my friends is a leaf fan...the horror.

tytech 03-19-2004 11:32 AM

I hate distractions as well. I live in Ottawa and up until this year I went to every Flyers game including playoffs. Win or lose it wasn't fun. I didn't get to cheer as much as I wanted. No replays. People in front. I love live hockey but just not philly.

At home I move the couch closer, turn it up real loud, make sure my wifes toys are fully charged and watch the game uninteruppted. When Philly is on a power play I stand closer or sit on the coffee table directly infront of the tv.
I guarantee, the "sitting too close will blind you " theory is a hoax

Dykhuis26 03-19-2004 12:30 PM

I put on my jersey (whichever one they're wearing that night), open a beer, and yell at the opposing players.

Anyone remember ESPN's intro to game 7 vs. Toronto last year? That was well done. The goal dance, the lucky snack, etc...

anonymous* 03-19-2004 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tytech
........... make sure my wifes toys are fully charged ........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :handclap: :yo: :joker:

CNote 03-19-2004 02:25 PM

If they're playin' the Leafs I head down to the local bar to provoke Leafs fans ...didn't work out last night :cry:

If they're playin' the Sens I head down to the local bar with a friend of mine whose an Ottawa fan.

-dutch-

FlyersGuy69 03-19-2004 02:30 PM

go hang out with my boys and start cracking some ice cold Budweiser's.

it's always better on the weekends and the Flyers win because they go down so much better.

if I am at home, I like to watch the game by myself too. my girl always wants to get into conversations about work or something. even better is, when she get's a phone call during the game and asks me to turn it down. lol, I just point to the other room.

Nikkowar 03-19-2004 02:31 PM

Grab my orange Care Bear,blast some Children of Bodom and watch the game with my brother.