HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   GDT: Game 3 PGDT (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=633739)

HoverCarle* 04-19-2009 08:44 PM

Game 3 PGDT

Continue

TheDrizzle81 04-19-2009 08:47 PM

cant wait for game 2

Unstable 04-19-2009 08:48 PM

Re: fandom, I consider myself a Flyers fan first, but I'll watch any hockey game for the love it.

bobbyacro 04-19-2009 08:50 PM

trying to make my sig but there is no "Edit Sig" link under the Settings and Options menu in the CP.... Do you need a certain amount of posts before I can create a sig?

BerubeBox* 04-19-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unstable (Post 19161696)
Re: fandom, I consider myself a Flyers fan first, but I'll watch any hockey game for the love it.

Ruffian! I'll wager you only watch it for the blood.

TheDrizzle81 04-19-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyacro (Post 19161777)
trying to make my sig but there is no "Edit Sig" link under the Settings and Options menu in the CP.... Do you need a certain amount of posts before I can create a sig?

gotta be a sponsor.

bobbyacro 04-19-2009 08:53 PM

Thanks..............

TheDrizzle81 04-19-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyacro (Post 19161867)
Thanks..............

i think i understand the ................ lol.

I want to sponsor so bad, effing bad credit. Thanks Verizon!

bobbyacro 04-19-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 (Post 19161937)
i think i understand the ................ lol.

I want to sponsor so bad, effing bad credit. Thanks Verizon!

I havent looked into what I have to do to be a sponsor... Ill look that up tomorrow. Verizon sucks, just got FIoS and their customer service is horrid.

I hope this team can bring it the same on Tuesday. Even if they did, can they play like that for 3 more wins?

TheDrizzle81 04-19-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyacro (Post 19162225)
I havent looked into what I have to do to be a sponsor... Ill look that up tomorrow. Verizon sucks, just got FIoS and their customer service is horrid.

I hope this team can bring it the same on Tuesday. Even if they did, can they play like that for 3 more wins?

i think its 12 bucks or something, just need a credit card or something like that.

Verizon tried to bill me an extra 340 bux one month for some BS and Itold them to Eff off. lol. screwed my credit a bit.

TheDrizzle81 04-19-2009 09:24 PM

Found the ESPN highlights of todays game funny.

"Somebody named Jared Ross? Scores."

In a kinda of indignant and disgusted manner lol.

Here is what I heard:
"How dare this EA Sports CAP score a playoff goal against the Pens"

Cleary84 04-19-2009 10:51 PM

I was so pumped from this win and the Ibanez two run walk off homer that I totally did not mind the Sixers win tonight good for them!

Go Flyers, Phils and Sixers!!!!

TheDrizzle81 04-19-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers84 (Post 19165258)
I was so pumped from this win and the Ibanez two run walk off homer that I totally did not mind the Sixers win tonight good for them!

Go Flyers, Phils and Sixers!!!!

Ibanez has been money for us lately. what a pick up. Im pumped about the Sixers win wtg!

kicksave27 04-19-2009 11:21 PM

Just for my 2cents, was at the game. The officiating was particularly bad, and coming back and reading that even the NBC guys were saying the flyers were getting job'd verifies it. The free arm on richards, i'm ok with. But the phantom slash call on richards was just sickening. It's to the point now that if the flyers want to win they have to maintain a 2 goal "ref proof" lead. Alot of flyers were getting obstructed on the dump ins as well. If kunitz was a flyer he'd be given a gamer and suspended for the rest of the playoffs. But no harm no foul i guess. Luckily kimmo isn' the concussion prone type. Had flashbacks of the old leafs series when steve thomas ko'd rico with a cheapshot. If carcillo is going get suspended for something it should be for ending gonchar's playoffs next game.

IrishSniper87 04-19-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicksave27 (Post 19165905)
Just for my 2cents, was at the game. The officiating was particularly bad, and coming back and reading that even the NBC guys were saying the flyers were getting job'd verifies it. The free arm on richards, i'm ok with. But the phantom slash call on richards was just sickening. It's to the point now that if the flyers want to win they have to maintain a 2 goal "ref proof" lead. Alot of flyers were getting obstructed on the dump ins as well. If kunitz was a flyer he'd be given a gamer and suspended for the rest of the playoffs. But no harm no foul i guess. Luckily kimmo isn' the concussion prone type. Had flashbacks of the old leafs series when steve thomas ko'd rico with a cheapshot. If carcillo is going get suspended for something it should be for ending gonchar's playoffs next game.

I was there and the officiating was ok. A lot of non-calls for both sides. The Flyers have been more disciplined lately but most of those calls were deserved.

But wow, that game was incredible. WOW.

Claude28Giroux 04-20-2009 12:02 AM

So proud of the team, first time in a long time.

FlyHigh 04-20-2009 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCannon (Post 19167071)
So proud of the team, first time in a long time.

Yeah me too, had some things they could improve on, but overall, I think you have to give them a lot of credit, pretty much everyone played well.

My main worry is still Carle-Coburn. That pairing has had serious problems in 3 games so far and both players have been guilty of some bad mistakes.

We need to play better in Game 4 though, cut some of those mistakes out of our game.

And I think we're all upset about the penalties, but the Flyers need to realize that weak stuff may get called. For example, I thought the slashing penalty on Carter was ludicrous, but at the same time, Carter just shouldn't put his stick there and give the refs the opportunity to call it.

SeanL44 04-20-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

I'm with you, people hate me cause I say I have 3 "favorite teams" but in reality it's like

Flyers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bruins>>>>>>Flames

i only bleed black and orange theres no yellow or... well the other orange in my blood :P

six sigma 04-20-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

I really enjoyed the Nucks/Blues game after watching ours. Total hit-fest and bodies were flying everywhere. Looked like the two teams absolutely hated each others guts. Exciting stuff.

Amateur Hour 04-20-2009 01:26 AM

Giroux is the most talented player on this team. It's a pleasure to watch his brilliance on the ice. We are lucky beyond words to have him.

GKJ 04-20-2009 02:06 AM

I've never been this excited for a young player as I am for Giroux.

Amateur Hour 04-20-2009 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 19168575)
I've never been this excited for a young player as I am for Giroux.

Yup. I've been telling my friends the same exact thing since February. Claude is a special talent and just oozes hockey IQ. Even better, he gives 110% every shift and shines brightest in the playoffs.

I can't wait to see what he can do when he's regularly playing in the top 6. Something like Hartnell-Giroux/Carter-Carter/Giroux would make me very, very happy.

jme42257 04-20-2009 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amateur Hour (Post 19168695)
Yup. I've been telling my friends the same exact thing since February. Claude is a special talent and just oozes hockey IQ. Even better, he gives 110% every shift and shines brightest in the playoffs.

I can't wait to see what he can do when he's regularly playing in the top 6. Something like Hartnell-Giroux/Carter-Carter/Giroux would make me very, very happy.

agreed! following Giroux in the Q, and then his exquisite run in the playoffs... even his man-beard that Sid the kid can only wish for. Orange Giroux jersey, coming right up!!

and hey Lupul, don't let the door hit you on your ass on your way out...

Readyrock 04-20-2009 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amateur Hour (Post 19168695)

Really? I've been enjoying watching Asham turn his masterpiece feeds into knuckling brick-shots.

Cleary84 04-20-2009 07:03 AM

Elaborting on the Giroux: I'm really impressed on how he bounced back from Game 2. You knew he was kicking himself for the slashing call and what better way to rebound with a game like that.