HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Carter needs to sit! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=63386)

Capn Brown 03-19-2004 02:37 PM

Carter needs to sit!

I want Aulin back! :cry: :dunno: :mad:

swinginutter* 03-19-2004 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Daleks

Ditto on that! Yet he gives the short leash to guys like Cammy, and Straka.......Go figure!

Mindcircus 03-19-2004 02:44 PM

Aulin = Lemieux 2

GKJ 03-19-2004 02:44 PM

This is beginning to remind me of Mair for Rasmussen...

ginblossoms 03-19-2004 02:52 PM

how bad has carter been? i was at the game last night, and he played noticeably poorly. has he been like that since he's gotten to la? if so, yes, he definitely needs to sit.

ginblossoms 03-19-2004 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindcircus
Aulin = Lemieux 2

do you mean claude? ;)

likening him to mario would be a bit too much...

Fat Elvis 03-19-2004 03:53 PM

I like how Andy was quoted in the Times as Saying that "We need more from the Carter, Frolov and Stumple Line". :confused: Hey Andy I'm not a coach but I did stay at a Holiday Inn, Put Barney back with Fro and Stump..You remember the line that was most productive for 5-6 games before Barney got hurt. Why is it so obvious for us to see what works and who should play and who shouldn't. Stick my favorite buddy #11 on the 4th line or sit him and admit that you got jobbed in that trade!

Riggins 03-19-2004 04:13 PM

Any way Straka won't be in the press box again next game?

Capn Brown 03-19-2004 04:23 PM

I'd but Brown & Straka in before Carter. At least with Brown we could always SEE the effort he was putting in.

Barnaby 03-19-2004 04:32 PM

Good luck guys, Carter sucks. After the first 10-15 games this year the Ranger fans wanted him OUT. He continued his lousy play in Washington, and I really dont see him turning it around anytime soon.... hopefully he does tho because if Aulin turns into something, then your all gonna be majorly pissed.

Best wishes to you guys... your gonna need it, Carter is probably too busy trying to get acting jobs in LA. He was more concerned with that then hockey here in NY.

LuckyLUC20 03-19-2004 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zednik20
Any way Straka won't be in the press box again next game?

I hope he's playing. It's better than watching Carter not shoot.

No One 03-19-2004 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginblossoms
how bad has carter been? i was at the game last night, and he played noticeably poorly. has he been like that since he's gotten to la? if so, yes, he definitely needs to sit.

He was horrible last night. In fact, he has been anywhere from horrible to below average in 5 of his 6 games with the Kings. The only where he played well was when he was paired with Avery and Laperriere.

This Anson Carter debacle made me think last night, is it all Anson Carter's fault? The two previous attempts to being in offensive "spark" were Heinze and Ronning, and neither worked. Is AM unable to modify his system to exploit some of the more talented players on the roster?

lux_interior 03-19-2004 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginblossoms
do you mean claude? ;)

likening him to mario would be a bit too much...

Maybe he means Jocelyn Lemieux? :dunno: :p

swinginutter* 03-19-2004 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No One
He was horrible last night. In fact, he has been anywhere from horrible to below average in 5 of his 6 games with the Kings. The only where he played well was when he was paired with Avery and Laperriere.

This Anson Carter debacle made me think last night, is it all Anson Carter's fault? The two previous attempts to being in offensive "spark" were Heinze and Ronning, and neither worked. Is AM unable to modify his system to exploit some of the more talented players on the roster?

Good point. Although I don't think Heinze or Ronning were King material, especially Heinze. Ronning was never given a chance. And Heinze was Audette's clone! But your points are well taken..........I'm completely over this slump b*ll****, that they preach to us. So when players like Stumpel, Belanger, Luc, Frolov, etc go on scoring slumps does it mean you sit em'! I'm still baffled at why we're benching guys like Straka and sending down guys like Cammy. AM is to concerned with our nazi structure, and defense first mentality. Defense wins, everybody knows this, but if you don't score you don't win. And, if your top two lines ain't scoring look for another *****ing formula! But give em' a couple of weeks! It's nerve racking. He's given Stumpel plenty of time, and he's lost half the time. Frolov makes everyone stand out on that line, give him players that match his up-tempo game, not somebody carrying the puck at 2mph! This league happens at 100mph and guys like Modry and Stumpel think they have the respect to back players up........THEY DON'T!

swinginutter* 03-19-2004 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby
Good luck guys, Carter sucks. After the first 10-15 games this year the Ranger fans wanted him OUT. He continued his lousy play in Washington, and I really dont see him turning it around anytime soon.... hopefully he does tho because if Aulin turns into something, then your all gonna be majorly pissed.

Best wishes to you guys... your gonna need it, Carter is probably too busy trying to get acting jobs in LA. He was more concerned with that then hockey here in NY.

Washington definitely skinned us on this one. Although, we usually get the better end of deals. This one can seriously bite us in the ass long term.........and I think it will.

Good luck to you guys also!

Legionnaire 03-19-2004 06:23 PM

Anson Carter is DREADFUL

BigE 03-19-2004 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Daleks

Why didn't we trade Carter for Aulin? Damn Jagr... :teach:

LondonFan 03-19-2004 07:33 PM

Seriously guys, I'm a Ranger fan but I root fo the Kings too (regular letsgokings.com visitor). I felt pity for you when I saw this trade. Carter has a reputation of being physical, which is ironic because even he insists that he isn't.

I hope he picks it up. But.....I doubt it. Sorry guys.

Griffith 03-19-2004 07:57 PM

Carter is just slow as hell. It doesn't even look like he gives any effort out there. He's been a total dissapointment.

Straka is way better than Carter. Bench Carter, get Straka back out there.

ginblossoms 03-19-2004 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffith
Carter is just slow as hell. It doesn't even look like he gives any effort out there. He's been a total dissapointment.

Straka is way better than Carter. Bench Carter, get Straka back out there.

agreed! ;)

maximil 03-19-2004 08:40 PM

With all the proffesional scouts NHL teams have to work with I think that Dave Taylor is well advised on what a player is bringing to the table. While I agree that he might be the most deserving to sit at this point I still think that he could definately be a key player in the Kings future. Think of him as a reclaimation project.

I'd also like to say that there are players that are more deserving of playing time during this playoff drive. I think that Dustin Brown is an excellent player and works very hard to contribute. Straka brings a lot of speed and creativity to the team. I'd like to see the Kings ice the most competitive team for the last seven games and see what happens win or lose, and I have faith that they will.

Hankenstein 03-19-2004 10:02 PM

When Anson was traded from Edmonton, he packed everything except his talent.

Legionnaire 03-19-2004 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobis13
When Anson was traded from Edmonton, he packed everything except his talent.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great one!

Legionnaire 03-19-2004 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonFan
Seriously guys, I'm a Ranger fan but I root fo the Kings too (regular letsgokings.com visitor). I felt pity for you when I saw this trade. Carter has a reputation of being physical, which is ironic because even he insists that he isn't.

I hope he picks it up. But.....I doubt it. Sorry guys.

There were a good number of us who knew it(mostly either Oilers fans or Edmonton residents or people with Center Ice) but I think a vocal group of Kings fans were clammoring for a move and management did it to appease them. Unfortunately that move was for Carter. :mad:

two out of three* 03-20-2004 12:17 PM

Its because he's black you all hate him right? :joker:

Just give him a little more time. Remember how long it took Allison to be good?