HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Nobody was "Chris Nilan Mad" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=635182)

Habblues 04-22-2009 11:11 PM

Nobody was "Chris Nilan Mad"

What i can`t understand is that the nobody on the Habs showed the fans that they were so ticked off after losing the first two games in Boston and coming home0-2...Like in the old days,a guy like Chris Nilan would have made it known that he had to pump up his team, and nodobdy took on that role this year.Even though we had "toughness" in our lineup...

timbitca 04-22-2009 11:15 PM

Ever hear of the instigator rule?

And we aren't in 1985 anymore. Welcome to 2009.

Habblues 04-22-2009 11:21 PM

Just take a look at Calgary right now.......Iginla is Chris Nilan mad...Marty Brodeur is Chris Nilan Mad...That`s what i mean........Patrick Roy mad....We Needed that.

holyhabs87 04-22-2009 11:23 PM

carey price mad...when the fans heckled him he didnt give up another goal

Habblues 04-22-2009 11:25 PM

true........gotta feel for the guy.

momotan 04-22-2009 11:30 PM

That was supposed to be BGL's job. As much as i hate Brad May, it takes an Ahole like that to pump the team and beat on the other team's star players.

RonFournier 04-22-2009 11:35 PM

The Habs have no personality these days. I'd love to have Hartnell.

Habblues 04-22-2009 11:56 PM

I said Nobody,i take that back,,,,Komisarek and Kostopoulos were Chris Nilan Mad.They showed they were P`d off that they were getting beat.....But that was it.

Habblues 04-23-2009 12:00 PM

I`m surprised more people don`t agree with my comments......In the old days the guys were p**** if they got beat and the other knew it by the end of that game.Not now i just heard that big George was playing with major back issues but Stewart could have dropped them.

Capitano 04-23-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habblues (Post 19233916)
What i can`t understand is that the nobody on the Habs showed the fans that they were so ticked off after losing the first two games in Boston and coming home0-2...Like in the old days,a guy like Chris Nilan would have made it known that he had to pump up his team, and nodobdy took on that role this year.Even though we had "toughness" in our lineup...

We're just full of nice guys I guess. That game 2 debacle came and went and we didn't even try to stand up.

If the roles were reversed, that last 20 minutes would have been 20 minutes of hell for our guys, but it looked like we just wanted out of there instead of making a statement.

We just folded - it was obvious to me.

Riverboat Gambler 04-23-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holyhabs87 (Post 19234155)
carey price mad...when the fans heckled him he didnt give up another goal

indeed... I think

He has Roy like tendencies that way (emotinal). It takes pressure to make diamonds out of stones.

Maybe he's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder now... not a bad thing.

Guys remaining next year now have to show some pride and prove they're not boo-worthy.

I don't really like the boos but they're reality here. I could see last nights providing a little motivation.

Kriss E 04-23-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habblues (Post 19234091)
Just take a look at Calgary right now.......Iginla is Chris Nilan mad...Marty Brodeur is Chris Nilan Mad...That`s what i mean........Patrick Roy mad....We Needed that.

Martin Brodeur and Patrick Roy are considered by most people the best 2 Goalies of all time.
Chris Nilan was playing in a completely different era, he wouldn't be able to do the things he did in today's league.

Who did you want on our team to be that ''mad''??..

Our MVP is out.
Our #1 Center at the time, is out.
Our PP Point shot and veteran Dman is out.
Arguably our 2nd most talented forward is out.
Our 2nd line center is cold.
Our best sniper prospect is cold.

In 4Games, we have 4 scorers. Can't ask some bottom liners to produce and you shouldn't expect two 35+ players to carry the whole production of this team. We simply didn't have the necessary resources unfortunately.

At some point people will have to realize we just didn't have the talent to compete with them for 60min.

If you think our players weren't ''mad'' and didn't really give their all, then switch teams because they clearly did. They simply were outmatched, and guess what IT HAPPENS!

Gros Bill 04-23-2009 12:21 PM

Would have been better had someone been "Guy Lafleur mad". Scoring a few should be more important than winning afew fights.

Habs 04-23-2009 12:23 PM

Plekanek looked pretty mad!

panorama01* 04-23-2009 12:30 PM

Chris Nilan did not save them from a Bruins sweep in 1992, following bad play and an embarrassing series against Hartford where they made the likes of "Ivan" Corriveau look like a budding star, until he missed the net in overtime during Game Seven at the Forum... after that series things did not look good. It was just a relief that they did not have the ignominy of losing to that Hartford team!

Le Tricolore 04-23-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 19240532)
Plekanek looked pretty mad!

And he made a lot of fans mad!

The OP clearly didn't watch the games. :sarcasm:

OneSharpMarble 04-23-2009 07:32 PM

Todays Habs dont get mad, they get pouty!

Habblues 04-23-2009 09:03 PM

I`m not saying Nilan was this or that or whatever.I`m saying he didn`t like losing,and when we were getting beat the other team had their hands full..Brian Skrudland etc..all those guys from that team had the fire.
Game 2 down 5-1 we looked like a bunch of ******* out there.........We need guys to be Chris Nilan mad.......MEAN !!!!!!! Seemed like nobody cared....I don`t think they gave two hoots if they made the playoffs this year....at least 60% of the Team didn`t.

Kebekoi 04-23-2009 09:06 PM

What's up with your hard-on for Chris Nilan's madness? This is 2009, no more goonery... unless you're Street Fighter Grabovski.

Habblues 04-24-2009 08:14 AM

I liked the guys fire....I`ll never forget that image of him down by the the ice ,in his shirt and tie trying to get on the ice to fight somebody.He was out on the DL.....But he wanted to win sooo badly that it was contagious.All the other players fed off this attitude.