HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Price: "I wanted to remind them that booing players don't always help" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=635442)

Habsfan18 04-23-2009 03:30 PM

Price: "I wanted to remind them that booing players don't always help"

Good for him. Sure he could have played better for us this year, but he didn't deserve any of what went down last night.

Let's not run this kid out of town, seriously..

Cyrrus147 04-23-2009 03:31 PM

What gesture can we do to him to remind him that he's not Patrick Roy ?

Garo 04-23-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 (Post 19243482)

Because he thinks he is?

Souvenirs 04-23-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

What gesture can I do to you to remind you that he never said that? Or do you prefer to do like the medias/Habs fans do all the time and put words into people's mouth and then hate them for it?

Raskolnikov76 04-23-2009 03:34 PM

unless I missed the thread I'm a bit surprised people aren't reacting on Price infamous youtube video recorded after game 1.

Cyrrus147 04-23-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Souvenirs (Post 19243513)
What gesture can I do to you to remind you that he never said that? Or do you prefer to do like the medias/Habs fans do all the time and put words into people's mouth and then hate them for it?

"I did that gesture to remind everyone what happens when you boo someone"

Him leaving isn't exactly like Roy leaving.

Catch-22 04-23-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Keep booing him, run the 21 year-old kid out of town and hope he doesn't live up to his potential. Real smart.:shakehead

Cyrrus147 04-23-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catch-22 (Post 19243560)
Keep booing him, run the 21 year-old kid out of town and hope he doesn't live up to his potential. Real smart.:shakehead

lol yea I was sure with the few hundred drunken fans who were booing him yesterday !

I'm just saying that he needs to deflate his ego. At least, wait until you are actually a number 1 goaltender before having a ego like that.

Souvenirs 04-23-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 (Post 19243544)
"I did that gesture to remind everyone what happens when you boo someone"

Him leaving isn't exactly like Roy leaving.

It's more like ''yeah, run your players out of town''
and then, proceed to regret it because they have success somewhere else.

TomPlex 04-23-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 (Post 19243599)
I'm just saying that he needs to deflate his ego. At least, wait until you are actually a number 1 goaltender before having a ego like that.

Ego? Are you kidding me? The kid sounded like he wanted to die during his PC and was essentially saying STOP PUTTING SUCH HIGH EXPECTATIONS ON ME. He said that last season people were comparing him to Roy and he really didn't like it.

He wasn't comparing himself to Roy by doing that. He was showing the city what can happen when you boo for no reason. It just so happens that lifting his arms up like that was the only way he could show that to 21273 fans during a game.

Disclose 04-23-2009 03:44 PM

whats gonna happen Price? you gonna ask for a trade? what a tool. grow some balls.

Catch-22 04-23-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 (Post 19243599)
lol yea I was sure with the few hundred drunken fans who were booing him yesterday !

I don't think he was claiming to be Roy. I think he was reminding fans that running players out of town is a ridiculous thing to do and it often comes back to bite you in the ass, as it did with Roy. He's 21 years-old!! He may need some professional guidance but with his potential running him out of town is absurd when there are a gazillion reasonable alternatives. The booing comes from people who honestly have no regard for the well-being of this team, or people who are too ignorant to know what is in the team's best interest. These people live in a fantasy world of instant gratification where they believe because he had a bad year he has to give a **** what they think. We need price more than he needs us.

Are we going to run every player out of town who has a bad year? Do we need to be taught this lesson yet again?

habfan4 04-23-2009 03:45 PM

It's obvious you don't need to be a Rhodes scholar to be Hab fan, some people at the Bell Centre and on this forum make that evident. Price's "gesture" was obviously directed at that portion of the crowd who wear Velcro shoes because doing up laces would be too tough for their pea sized brains.

Gary320 04-23-2009 03:48 PM

I loved his quote when he said "I have 21 000 bosses"

So true.

Rushin Joo 04-23-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disclose (Post 19243699)
whats gonna happen Price? you gonna ask for a trade? what a tool. grow some balls.

Grow a brain

1UP 04-23-2009 03:50 PM

What I liked, is that he didn't let in another goal after that.

I agree with Price. The booing was ridiculous, he played solid, stopped breakaways. He had an under .900 save pct for the series, but very few goals were directly him sucking. The Bruins played very well to build insane scoring chances against our completely decimated D corps, all 4 games.

Not only was it funny to see him do that, but what he meant was spot on. He can certainly talk to Brisebois and Carbo about that too.

7th Player 04-23-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrychair (Post 19243800)
Grow a brain

+1000

CAREY CAREY CAREY!
I wish some people would have chanted that right after the sarcastic cheers

Metropolitsky 04-23-2009 03:53 PM

I would have done the same thing, booing him was stupid

Cyrrus147 04-23-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary320 (Post 19243793)
I loved his quote when he said "I have 21 000 bosses"

So true.

There was 18 000 fans cheering at the Habs players right after the game. Still we have to focus on the few hundred drunken morons.

:shakehead

WeezyHabFan 04-23-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

If I didnt already have 2 infractions, I'd make a comment about this quote....

I like Carey Price, that is all.

CrAzYNiNe 04-23-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Seriously?

On all 4 goals he was hung out to dry. Goal one, what a turnover! Goal 2, are you kidding me, habs 3 player, boston 2 and they get that undressed?!?! Goal 3 was offside, and a breakaway. Goal 4 again Ryder ALONE in front of the net.

Price has nothing to be ashamed of. Boston beat us by taking advantage of our mistakes, and them making close to none.

If you think Carey is a wuss for taking the booing to heart, well then you have no idea what it's like to try your best, and have your team fail you and you get all the ****.

Hab oiler fan88 04-23-2009 04:03 PM

Just a question, but didnt he do that same thing when he played against the oilers? I am pretty sure he did...

My Sweet Shadow 04-23-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

You probably hit the nail on the head with that one.

onice 04-23-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Well, you, in particular, can don some pads and hockey equipment, you know what they look like, right, and show him you can tend goal better than him.

This idea was stolen from Tim Thomas' response last night. I give him all the credit.

Disclose 04-23-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe (Post 19244092)
Seriously?

On all 4 goals he was hung out to dry. Goal one, what a turnover! Goal 2, are you kidding me, habs 3 player, boston 2 and they get that undressed?!?! Goal 3 was offside, and a breakaway. Goal 4 again Ryder ALONE in front of the net.

Price has nothing to be ashamed of. Boston beat us by taking advantage of our mistakes, and them making close to none.

If you think Carey is a wuss for taking the booing to heart, well then you have no idea what it's like to try your best, and have your team fail you and you get all the ****.

eh, Price shouldnt give a crap what those few fans were yelling. but it takes him off his game so badly. The guy lacks of maturity, he should keep working on that and not get back at the fans, during the game itself, bringing back the Roy incident...