HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Salary Cap: Official LA Kings 2014-15 Organization Chart (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=635510)

Telos 04-23-2009 06:54 PM

Official LA Kings 2014-15 Organization Chart
 
# of Players Position $
14 Forwards (Cap Hit) $43,068,227
7 Defense (Cap Hit) $19,416,667
2 Goalies (Cap Hit) $6,350,000
2 Bonuses $342,500
0 Buy-out $0
23 Actual Payroll $74,337,500
x Salary Cap Payroll $68,491,894
x NHL Salary Cap $68,950,000
x Maximum Cap Space (Including Bonus Cushion & LTIR) $481,400


Los Angeles Kings
PlayerPos.Age Cap Hit2014/152015/162016/172017/182018/192019/202020/212021/222022/232023/24Clause
Anze Kopitar C 27 $6,800,000 7,500,000 7,700,000 UFA        
Dustin Brown LW 29 $5,875,000 5,875,0005,875,0005,875,0005,875,0005,875,0005,875,0005,875,0005,875,000UFA  
Mike Richards C 29$5,750,0007,000,0006,000,0005,500,0004,500,0003,000,0003,000,000 UFA    
Jeff Carter C 29 $5,272,727 6,750,0007,000,0007,000,0006,500,0005,000,0003,000,0002,000,0002,000,000UFA
Marian Gaborik RW32 $4,875,0006,075,0006,075,0006,075,0005,075,0004,575,0003,175,0003,075,000UFA   
Justin Williams RW 33 $3,650,000 3,050,000 UFA        
Jarret Stoll C 32 $3,250,000 3,250,000UFA         
Dwight King LW25 $1,950,0001,950,0001,950,0001,950,000 UFA       
Trevor Lewis C 27 $1,525,000 1,525,0001,525,000 UFA        
Kyle Clifford LW23 $1,075,0001,075,000RFA         
Tanner Pearson LW 21 $735,833777,500 RFA         
Tyler Toffoli RW 22 $716,667 685,000RFA         
Jordan Nolan RW 25 $700,000 700,000 RFA          
Andy Andreoff LW 23 $550,000 550,000RFA          
               
Drew Doughty D 24 $7,000,000 7,000,0007,100,0007,450,0007,600,0007,650,000UFA     
Viatcheslav Voynov D 24 $4,166,667 3,000,0004,200,0004,400,0005,150,0005,500,000UFA     
Robyn Regehr D 34 $3,000,000 3,000,000 UFA         
Matt Greene D 31 $2,500,000 2,500,0002,500,0002,500,0002,500,000UFA      
Alec Martinez D 27 $1,100,000 1,100,000UFA       
Jacob Muzzin D 25 $1,000,0001,000,0004,000,0004,000,0004,000,0004,000,0004,000,000 UFA   
Brayden McNabb D 23 $650,000625,000675,000RFA      
               
Jonathan Quick G 28 $5,800,000 7,000,000 7,000,000 7,000,000 7,000,000 7,000,000 7,000,000 3,500,000 3,000,000 2,500,000 UFA
Martin Jones G 24 $550,000 550,000 RFA         


Signed Minor Leaguers and Prospects
PlayerPos.Age Cap Hit2014/152015/162016/172017/18
Nick Shore C 22 $925,000925,000 RFA   
Jordan Weal C 22 $870,000 575,000RFA
Michael Mersch LW 22 $786,667 642,500792,500925,000RFA
Scott Sabourin RW21 $753,333692,500925,000RFA 
Nic Dowd C 24 $750,000 750,000 RFA
Valentin Zykov LW 19 $735,000 735,000735,000735,000RFA
Justin Auger RW 20 $616,667 600,000625,000625,000RFA
Brian O'Neill LW26 $605,000562,500562,500UFA  
Maxim Kitsyn LW 22 $602,500 595,000620,000RFA
Andrew Crescenzi C 21 $561,111550,000RFA
David Van Der Gulik LW 28 $550,000550,000 UFA  
        
Derek Forbort D 22 $900,000900,000900,000RFA
Jeff Schultz D 27 $850,000 850,000850,000UFA
Nick Ebert D 20 $691,667642,500666,250766,250RFA
Zachary Leslie D 20 $616,667600,000625,000625,000RFA
Colin Miller D22 $602,500595,000620,000RFA
Kurtis MacDermid D 20 $579,444580,000585,000575,000RFA
Alex Roach D21 $567,222550,000575,000RFA
Andrew Bodnarchuk D 26 $550,000550,000RFA
Vincent LoVerde D 25 $550,000550,000RFA
       
Patrik Bartosak G 21 $620,000 611,000638,000 RFA
Jean-Francois Berube G 23 $562,500550,000575,000 RFA


Unsigned Prospects and Active Rights
PlayerPos.Age HeightWeightAcquisitionDraft PositionDraft Year
Adrian Kempe C 17 6'2" 187 Drafted 1st (29th Overall) 2014
Michael Amadio C 18 6'1" 190 Drafted 3rd (90th Overall) 2014
Jake Marchment C 18 6'3" 206 Drafted 6th (157th Overall) 2014
Jonny Brodzinski C 21 6'0" 202 Drafted 5th (148th Overall) 2013
Michael Pelech C 21 6'3" 203 Drafted 6th (156th Overall) 2009
Justin Azevedo C 26 5'7" 175 Drafted 6th (153rd Overall) 2008
        
Matt Mistele LW 18 6'2" 183 Drafted 6th (180th Overall) 2014
Dominik Kubalik LW 19 6'1" 181 Drafted 7th (191st Overall) 2013
Nikolay Prokhorkin LW 21 6'3" 190 Drafted 4th (121st Overall) 2012
Joel Lowry LW 22 6'1" 180 Drafted 5th (140th Overall) 2011
Bud Holloway LW 26 6'0" 201 Drafted 3rd (86th Overall) 2006
        
Spencer Watson RW 18 5'10" 155 Drafted 7th (209th Overall) 2014
Oscar Moller RW 25 5'10" 189 Drafted 2nd (52nd Overall) 2007
        
Roland McKeown D 18 6'0" 186 Drafted 2nd (50th Overall) 2014
Alex Lintuniemi D 18 6'3" 227 Drafted 2nd (60th Overall) 2014
Steven Johnson D 20 6'1" 185 Drafted 4th (120th Overall) 2014
Jacob Middleton D 18 6'3" 194 Drafted 7th (210th Overall) 2014
Paul LaDue D 22 6'2" 185 Drafted 6th (181st Overall) 2012
Kevin Gravel D 22 6'4" 200 Drafted 5th (148th Overall) 2010
        
Alec Dillon G 18 6'5" 168 Drafted 5th (150th Overall) 2014



2015 Free Agents
UFA RFA
Justin WilliamsKyle Clifford
Jarret StollTanner Pearson
Adam CracknellTyler Toffoli
David Van Der GulikJordan Nolan
Robyn RegehrJacob Muzzin
Alec MartinezMartin Jones
 Nick Shore
 Jordan Weal
 Nic Dowd
 Andrew Crescenzi
 Andy Andreoff
 Andrew Bodnarchuk
 Vincent LoVerde


2015 NHL Entry Draft Picks
Round Number of Selections and Position
1One Selection
2One Selection
3One Selection
4One Selection
5One Selection
6No Selection
7Two Selections, New Jersey's Pick

Sources:
IB's "NHLSCAP.com" Site
Cap Geek
NHL Numbers
Draft Picks


Personal Notes:
Player Ages Updated To October 31st, 2014

Telos 04-23-2009 06:56 PM

Ok... Here we go. I have been working on this for like 5 hours now... >.< It isn't finished but I decided that I should post version 1.0 ... So, let me know any corrections I need to make and help me finish it, I also got lazy and don't have all the numbers such as bonuses and known draft positions for our picks. They seem like simple calculations but my brain is fried and I need a break...

Anyway, let the offseason discussion begin!

This thread is meant to unify some of the split discussion around the board and have a fresh start. Whether it be draft, re-signings, releases, blah blah... I will be keeping it updated throughout the off-season... I need a drink :ipeace

Kurrilino 04-23-2009 07:08 PM

great job buddy........

that makes me think about the future more than usual

Telos 04-23-2009 07:12 PM

I also forgot, I need to give credit to JC over at the Phoenix board. I stole his chart layout and his thread title because that is the thread that gave me the idea to do this here. I had to modify the charts and all information by hand and calculator, but the chart design/layout was his.

... Now I am going to collapse on the couch and watch the rest of the Phi vs Pitts game.

Captain Ron 04-23-2009 07:13 PM

Some great work there Telos....but just to let you know that as of the off season Preissing again counts towards the King's cap. His cap figure does not go away until he is again waived and reassigned to Manchester.

Telos 04-23-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ron (Post 19244802)
Telos....but just to let you know that as of the off season Preissing again counts towards the King's cap. His cap figure does not go away until he is again waived and reassigned to Manchester.

I included it under "AHL/ECHL Differential" when calculating the cap hit at the top. I just thought his contract would be more appropriate under the AHL category.

deano 04-23-2009 07:39 PM

I believe Elkins contract kicks in next season, as with Patrick Mullen. Hickey will also have three years left on his entry level contract. Great list though. It's great to have this since nhlnumbers won't be changing their site until the start of next season.

**I also believe the Peter Harrold will be a UFA at the end of his contract

Telos 04-23-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano (Post 19247960)
I believe Elkins contract kicks in next season, as with Patrick Mullen. Hickey will also have three years left on his entry level contract. Great list though. It's great to have this since nhlnumbers won't be changing their site until the start of next season.

**I also believe the Peter Harrold will be a UFA at the end of his contract

I think you are right about Hickey, I don't know why, but I thought he burned a year for going to Manchester, but now I am sure I was wrong. You are probably right about Elkins and I will change for now, can anyone else confirm? Also, I forgot about Mullen, but I have no clue what the numbers are, anyone have that information?

Edit - There, I made all the changes, let me know if something is still wrong.

Captain Ron 04-23-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 19248634)
I think you are right about Hickey, I don't know why, but I thought he burned a year for going to Manchester, but now I am sure I was wrong. You are probably right about Elkins and I will change for now, can anyone else confirm? Also, I forgot about Mullen, but I have no clue what the numbers are, anyone have that information?

deano is correct about Hickey....but is not correct about Elkins. A contract starts in the season it is signed....unless the player is 19 or younger. So the contract he signed this year is expired at the end of this season......as for Mullen.....his contract was a two year deal and will be valid for 1 more year. I am not sure about the numbers on his deal though.

RonSwanson* 04-23-2009 08:19 PM

Sticky this, please.

Telos 04-23-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ron (Post 19249128)
deano is correct about Hickey....but is not correct about Elkins. A contract starts in the season it is signed....unless the player is 19 or younger. So the contract he signed this year is expired at the end of this season......as for Mullen.....his contract was a two year deal and will be valid for 1 more year. I am not sure about the numbers on his deal though.

Rofl >.< I figured they were right lol... /sigh I will change those two back, I will go by popular opinion now heh.

Edit - Also can anyone confirm Moulson's status? nhlnumbers says it is UFA VI and nhlscap says he is a RFA with arbitration rights. Which is it?

JDM 04-23-2009 08:51 PM

Moulson is UFA IV I believe. Cause he's older or something.

DIEHARD the King fan 04-23-2009 08:54 PM

Thanks for the effort Telos. I am admittedly not a numbers guy, but I have to think that even with Frolov and JMFJ re-signed, we have lots O money to get the players we need, and not just the ones that "fit" into some artificial internal budget.

While I realize that every team has to map out salary expenditures due to the cap, its kind of hard to believe we need to be conservative about spending long term re cap hits when we have the most cap space available of any team too.

4ndr3y* 04-23-2009 09:03 PM

So there will be 3.2Mio$ more cap space availible due to rookie bonus cushion.

Here is hope for a nice offseason addition.
;)

Captain Ron 04-23-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 19250319)
Moulson is UFA IV I believe. Cause he's older or something.

You are correct......not only because of his age ....but because of his limited number of NHL games played.


Quote:

Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan (Post 19250418)
Thanks for the effort Telos. I am admittedly not a numbers guy, but I have to think that even with Frolov and JMFJ re-signed, we have lots O money to get the players we need, and not just the ones that "fit" into some artificial internal budget.

While I realize that every team has to map out salary expenditures due to the cap, its kind of hard to believe we need to be conservative about spending long term re cap hits when we have the most cap space available of any team too.


The Kings do have a lot of cap space....but once the season is over there are actually 9 teams that will have more space at the beginning of the free agent period......admittedly many of those teams will have more players to sign than the Kings....but they could opt to sign 1 or 2 big name guys and fill in the rest with league minumum players. The Kings do have the room to sign 1 big name player ($7 - $8 million) and possibly a mid tier player (around $3 -$4 million).......but I would not assume that the Kings could sign 2 or more big players without there being repercussions with their current group.

deano 04-23-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ron (Post 19249128)
deano is correct about Hickey....but is not correct about Elkins. A contract starts in the season it is signed....unless the player is 19 or younger. So the contract he signed this year is expired at the end of this season......as for Mullen.....his contract was a two year deal and will be valid for 1 more year. I am not sure about the numbers on his deal though.

I'm not sure with Elkins, but am not sure why they would sign him for some practice time. I'm positive that Mullins did not burn a year of his contract. He didn't even report to the team as he is finishing up his senior year, and wanted to graduate. Doesn't contract status kick in once the player has played a game representing the NHL club (incl. AHL and ECHL)?

Captain Ron 04-23-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano (Post 19250824)
I'm not sure with Elkins, but am not sure why they would sign him for some practice time. I'm positive that Mullins did not burn a year of his contract. He didn't even report to the team as he is finishing up his senior year, and wanted to graduate. Doesn't contract status kick in once the player has played a game representing the NHL club?

No.....once a contract is filed in the NHL offices it is considered active. The only way a contract is extended is if the player is either 18 or 19 years old at the beginning of the season and that they do not play at least 10 NHL games. Neither pertains to Elkins or Mullen......just to show an example of this....Ted Purcell signed a 3 year deal with the Kings in April of 2007 (at the end of the 2006-07 season). He did not play for the Kings or Monarchs until 2007-08 season and he is an RFA in 2009. The only way this is possible is if the season that he signed (2006-07) counts as one of the years from his contract.

4ndr3y* 04-23-2009 09:17 PM

A thing that should be added is Michael Handzus NTC/NMC. Other than that good job Telos.

Telos 04-23-2009 09:17 PM

Corrected Moulson, added him to UFA's... I will leave Elkins and Mullen as is until a more definitive conclusion has been reached over that debate. Keep the corrections coming if you find any.

sweatypickle 04-23-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano (Post 19250824)
I'm not sure with Elkins, but am not sure why they would sign him for some practice time. Doesn't contract status kick in once the player has played a game representing the NHL club (incl. AHL and ECHL)?

Elkins gets big money... Kings get his rights... everyone's happy...

Telos 04-23-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loktionov (Post 19251125)
A thing that should be added is Michael Handzus NTC/NMC. Other than that good job Telos.

That is a pretty good idea, but if I added a clauses bracket it would also be nice to note all the 2 way contracts we have, anyone know of a site that has all of our 1 way and 2 way contract information?

Captain Ron 04-23-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 19251323)
That is a pretty good idea, but if I added a clauses bracket it would also be nice to note all the 2 way contracts we have, anyone know of a site that has all of our 1 way and 2 way contract information?

I do not think there is one....but I am not sure why you would need that.....unless you are refering to who is waiver eligible.

Telos 04-23-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ron (Post 19251428)
I do not think there is one....but I am not sure why you would need that.....unless you are refering to who is waiver eligible.

That was pretty much my aim (waiver information), I think we all know that Handzus has the only clause on the team and that that clause is a No-Movement Clause. It would be an annoyance to add another bracket just for that because I would have to adjust a few rows and go down the line. I would do it if I knew all the 2 way contracts we have so that it would be more than just adding one NMC, unless I were to just jam it in there with his UFA marker.

Chruceg 04-23-2009 09:32 PM

Telos,

This is great. Saves everyone a lot of time. Thank you.

Telos 04-23-2009 09:43 PM

Meh, I just decided to stop being a lazy beezy so there is your NMC :P

Let me know if gold is too hard to see. Already used blue, red, and green - so I couldn't think of what else would fit and gold popped into my head first...

Edit - Meh, nevermind, I just changed it to orange lol, much easier to see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chruceg (Post 19251517)
Telos,

This is great. Saves everyone a lot of time. Thank you.

You're welcome.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.