HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Is it possible after all... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=635667)

jiboy 04-24-2009 01:55 AM

Is it possible after all...

that Patrick Roy would actually fit very well as habs coach? The next year will be rocky and we need someone who can take off the media pressure from the players.

Patrick Roy could for sure, like seriously you know he could. We know also he has indirectly a good connection with Carey Price

Another important things he could involve much more the city of Quebec into the Habs. To help them forget about the Nordiques,what's better then a hockey legend who's actually able to speak truth in front of the montreal media ?

Also he's a winner nobody can argue that I mean 4 stanley cup and 1 memorial cup as remparts head coach. He's got the passion to win.He's showing emotions wich we sometimes lack in this team (european or not) and the fact is that he knows his hockey very well.

He speaks french but that's not really important since his english is number one and his name is well known even among the english medias..

I know this issue must have been talked a lot but what are the biggest con's of having Roy as Habs head coach?

Would you guys really complain if it happened ?

loudi94 04-24-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay1337 (Post 19256600)

I know this issue must have been talked a lot but what are the biggest con's of having Roy as Habs head coach?

Would you guys really complain if it happened ?

The biggest con is his lack of NHL coaching experience. It's one thing to coach kids, it's another to coach grown men. I'm not opposed to Roy.

Habs 4 Life 04-24-2009 08:15 AM

I don't know about him being the next head coach but I really wouldn't mind it at all and I believe it is key to get Patrick back into this orginization as quickly as possible like the bruins did with Neely.

Roy is a winner and we need someone like him,President,ass.GM or head coach one of those

Shabutie 04-24-2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudi94 (Post 19258070)
The biggest con is his lack of NHL coaching experience. It's one thing to coach kids, it's another to coach grown men. I'm not opposed to Roy.

The thing is that if we had Roy, it would always be about Roy...It would take some of the pressure off the players.

Riverboat Gambler 04-24-2009 08:22 AM

Habs should certainly be kicking his tires.

I'd be happy to have P-Roy back.

He might have a cardiac arrest during a game vs. the B's but it'd be great theatre. I think your right. He'd be a press magnet and players might benefit.

Habs 4 Life 04-24-2009 08:23 AM

He could also have a talk with Mr.Radulov and convince him to come over here:naughty:

12jf54 04-24-2009 08:33 AM

I think he would be way too emotionnal...

AH 04-24-2009 08:35 AM

In an interview last month Roy admitted that his biggest weekness as a coach was in game adjustments. That was Carbonneau's biggest failing as well.

No more hacks please.

12jf54 04-24-2009 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AH (Post 19258251)
In an interview last month Roy admitted that his biggest weekness as a coach was in game adjustments. That was Carbonneau's biggest failing as well.
No more hacks please.

I thought it was communication issues :sarcasm: