HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Biron's best Flyer performance (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=635707)

1865 04-24-2009 07:38 AM

Biron's best Flyer performance

For my money, Marty is one of the most under-rated guys in the league. Solid stats every year with us and two straight impressive years in the play-offs too, but that's by the by.

I think his performance last night may well be his best yet. I couldn't speak for his time with the Sabres, but i'm hard pushed to think of him having a better night between the pipes in the orange and black. I certainly don't think he's played so lights out in that big a game before.

macros73 04-24-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannon (Post 19257849)
For my money, Marty is one of the most under-rated guys in the league. Solid stats every year with us and two straight impressive years in the play-offs too, but that's by the by.

I think his performance last night may well be his best yet. I couldn't speak for his time with the Sabres, but i'm hard pushed to think of him having a better night between the pipes in the orange and black. I certainly don't think he's played so lights out in that big a game before.

Your guys played a great game last night, they definitely wanted a win more than the Pens seemed to want it. I write this as a Pens fan.

Biron looked very solid. The only goof I saw him make last night was in the 1st period when he lost track of Kennedy behind the net. Kennedy almost snuck one in behind him, but got the post instead of the open net. D'oh!

TheKingPin 04-24-2009 08:04 AM

no way id say any number of games against MTL and that game 7 against the caps were his best in O and B. But he had a great game. The D stepped more than Marty id say. Carle actually looked decent. Jones still blows. Sorry JXC.

Get Carter 04-24-2009 08:08 AM

He was great in the first period last night, but didn't have to do much after that.

I'd say any one of the first 4 Montreal games from last year were better.

Kambo 04-24-2009 09:39 AM

Yeah I'd have to agree that his performance last year against Montreal was hands down, probably his best. Take your pick at which game. I won't discredit him though. In fact I've already said on here, he's been good this year too. I'm just extremely happy to see him get that shutout last night. His confidence has to be sky high right now, as well as the rest of the team.

Snotbubbles 04-24-2009 10:23 AM

Biron has been really solid this series. It's just that Fleury has been really, really, really solid. If the teams simply switched goaltenders, the Flyers would already be at home watching to see who their second round opponent was.

Kambo 04-24-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snotbubbles (Post 19259635)
Biron has been really solid this series. It's just that Fleury has been really, really, really solid. If the teams simply switched goaltenders, the Flyers would already be at home watching to see who their second round opponent was.

That's what pisses me off. Of course with a great win, a little negativity on my part had to creep in. We should have been up 3-1 going into last night, and that game should have eliminated them. ****!

FlyersCup08 04-24-2009 10:48 AM

I love how Biron is lights-out and everyone comes out saying he's so good. I'll stand by my point, I still don't think he's played well, with the exception of last night. But even then, Marty fails to make good decisions behind the net, and makes poor passes that result in turnovers. Kennedy made him look like a fool, and we were fortunate.

Do I think Biron is a top goalie?

No. But he can play with Brodeur when he catches fire, lets hope he keeps this up. Marty's biggest problem is consistency. Hopefully he's heating up at just the right time.