HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Sportsplex: Feasterville, PA (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=635762)

JSTAFF 04-24-2009 10:46 AM

Sportsplex: Feasterville, PA

I know we had a thread about this before but I'm not the best at finding it. Does anyone play in any of the indoor roller leagues here?

JLHockeyKnight 04-24-2009 07:16 PM

I've played 2 or 3 Rutgers Roller Hockey games there. Nicest roller hockey rink(s) I've ever played on.

CoolinWithCosta 04-24-2009 08:19 PM

I played a dek hockey tournament there and it was great

curtisinpa 04-25-2009 09:00 AM

Yeah I play at Susquehanna Sports Center in Harrisburg.

http://www.susq-sports.com/

shamski7 04-25-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stafuccijr (Post 19259993)
I know we had a thread about this before but I'm not the best at finding it. Does anyone play in any of the indoor roller leagues here?

whats the cost to join one of these leagues?

JSTAFF 04-25-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamski7 (Post 19272624)
whats the cost to join one of these leagues?

Theres a set fee the whole team has to pay, so it depends on the amount of people you have. Alot of teams have 10 guys - so its pretty cheap...like 120 a guy for 10 games and guarenteed 1 playoff game. We only have 8 so we pay a little more.

shamski7 04-25-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stafuccijr (Post 19272687)
Theres a set fee the whole team has to pay, so it depends on the amount of people you have. Alot of teams have 10 guys - so its pretty cheap...like 120 a guy for 10 games and guarenteed 1 playoff game. We only have 8 so we pay a little more.

hm thats not bad. whats the level of competition like? do they have different leagues for varying skill levels? im probably like half hour from the rink

JLHockeyKnight 04-25-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stafuccijr (Post 19272687)

For that amount of games and the quality of the rink, I'd say that's a good deal.

In relation, I pay $250 for 12 games and NOT GUARANTEED playoffs in ice hockey on a rink that has some of the worst quality ice I've ever played on.

JSTAFF 04-26-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamski7 (Post 19272755)
hm thats not bad. whats the level of competition like? do they have different leagues for varying skill levels? im probably like half hour from the rink

They have 2 different leagues with 4 different player skills. The one league is WWL I believe, which is weekend night games, normally sunday. The other league is the weekday league, which is normally monday or tuesday nights.

The skill levels are Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper - in that order. The copper league has most team at like 15-20. You see guys that should be in the Gold league and first time players in this league haha.

Check out the website: www.sportsplexpa.com

Danglous 04-26-2009 11:00 AM

I live 10 minutes from the rinks. Ive been in several leagues there, most recently the WWL league. I was on Tigbits and MotherPuckers if you were in the copper or bronze division. Its good and its fun but being a team captain is a big pain in the ass dealing with all the financial things and ref fees and getting everyone to pay up. Some of the refs there are complete garbage, too, and thats probably my only gripe. If your game is late, they wanna speed everything up so they can go home. If they have any friends on the other team, you tend to get dicked over, and some guys are just complete *******s. Sometimes I cant believe they are getting paid to do such a horrible job. If anyone wants to start up a team or needs a pretty solid defenseman I'm more than willing to play, I love it there. I know alot of other people who could play too.

I'm just not allowed to make my own team anymore because half of the kids on my team never paid up and the $600 owed got completely pinned on me, and Im not shelling out that kind of money because the low lifes on my team wouldnt pay up.

JSTAFF 04-26-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dikkens (Post 19288043)
I live 10 minutes from the rinks. Ive been in several leagues there, most recently the WWL league. I was on Tigbits and MotherPuckers if you were in the copper or bronze division. Its good and its fun but being a team captain is a big pain in the ass dealing with all the financial things and ref fees and getting everyone to pay up. Some of the refs there are complete garbage, too, and thats probably my only gripe. If your game is late, they wanna speed everything up so they can go home. If they have any friends on the other team, you tend to get dicked over, and some guys are just complete *******s. Sometimes I cant believe they are getting paid to do such a horrible job. If anyone wants to start up a team or needs a pretty solid defenseman I'm more than willing to play, I love it there. I know alot of other people who could play too.

I'm just not allowed to make my own team anymore because half of the kids on my team never paid up and the $600 owed got completely pinned on me, and Im not shelling out that kind of money because the low lifes on my team wouldnt pay up.

I know we are losing one guy for the summer league - its 2 nights a week tho, during the week. If your interested send me a PM and ill hit you up when it gets closer.

Raffl House 04-26-2009 04:37 PM

I can tell you one thing...I won't play indoor soccer there ever again...:laugh:

roast 04-26-2009 04:45 PM

I played in tournaments there when I was in the ECRHA...it was one of the nicer facilities we played at.

mdm815 04-26-2009 09:25 PM

Me and my friends play there, we're in copper though haha. We were the rockets but we had to stop for the spring season cos of some deadbeats. Playing again in June tho. If anyone plays copper weeknights and wants to make an HF team let me know, cos that'd be kinda sweet.

JLHockeyKnight 04-27-2009 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dikkens (Post 19288043)

You say that like you're the only one.

JSTAFF 04-27-2009 09:28 AM

I do agree with the refs thing tho, if you get on their good side they let alot of things go. They used to hate me because I talk mad **** all game but now I joke with them before the game and they know me so I rarely get called for my antics.

JLHockeyKnight 04-27-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stafuccijr (Post 19301403)
I do agree with the refs thing tho, if you get on their good side they let alot of things go. They used to hate me because I talk mad **** all game but now I joke with them before the game and they know me so I rarely get called for my antics.

It's definitely true. I got a penalty last night for roughing cause I hit a guy in a no checking league, but it was blatantly obvious and I was trying to get my team's energy going (until the other team scored on the PP I just gave them). But you get my point. That was easily my first penalty in roughly 15 games.

Danglous 04-27-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight (Post 19303246)
It's definitely true. I got a penalty last night for roughing cause I hit a guy in a no checking league, but it was blatantly obvious and I was trying to get my team's energy going (until the other team scored on the PP I just gave them). But you get my point. That was easily my first penalty in roughly 15 games.

Im not getting this? You got a penalty because you hit a guy but you think it should have been let go because you just wanted to get your team hyped? lol

I get alot of bad penalties. I think the last game I played there I was thrown out for three accidental tripping penalties where the guys all stepped on my stick. Its just so frustrating when you race for the puck and collide with someone..if he falls its a penalty, but when Im skating across the neutral zone with my hand in the air, looking up to grab the flying puck, and a dude goes out of his way to put his shoulder into my gut, flipping me over completely its all in good fun and the refs let it go. One time we were changing on the fly and the puck came and hit a player on the opposing team in the foot and the ref calls too many men on us because he said I played the puck. Its just garbage calls like this that make me mad, and some of the refs will be complete *******s about it, too. They have really ****** attitudes. My friend got a 4 minute unsportsmanlike penalty for saying to a ref, "I know you have friends on the other team, but you gotta call it at least somewhat fair."

ArchieIsGod 04-27-2009 04:10 PM

i play there too. Hockey Monkeys in the copper league...always look forward to our games. the refs can make some funky calls but ive been playing there for a long time and i think its more that certain ones call the game tight or loose. but i agree when some of their buddies are playing they do call things different

FP9 04-27-2009 07:54 PM

I used to play here with the Cobras in the in-house league but dropped out after 4 years because the games were on Fridays.

CoolinWithCosta 04-27-2009 08:17 PM

Ive played in whatever the best league is there, and I was unimpressed. The refs are garbage and I wasn't even really impressed with the competition. I play at Skaters Choice in SJ and the refs are better than average and the competition is decent. However, I will say that Sportsplex has one of, if not the best, rinks in the area in terms of quality of the floor and boards and size. Plus it doesn't get too hot in there.

Also, if I remember correctly, ref fees are 30/game. Which is insane. Another reason why I didn't like playing there.

JSTAFF 04-28-2009 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArchieIsGod (Post 19307103)
i play there too. Hockey Monkeys in the copper league...always look forward to our games. the refs can make some funky calls but ive been playing there for a long time and i think its more that certain ones call the game tight or loose. but i agree when some of their buddies are playing they do call things different

Ha, I know your team. We will be playing you this season. We are the WG Snipers. Last season I joined without my own squad and was on the awesome "Team Tim" I think our only victory of the season was against you in a shootout. Thanks!

JLHockeyKnight 04-28-2009 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dikkens (Post 19303984)
Im not getting this? You got a penalty because you hit a guy but you think it should have been let go because you just wanted to get your team hyped? lol

I get alot of bad penalties. I think the last game I played there I was thrown out for three accidental tripping penalties where the guys all stepped on my stick. Its just so frustrating when you race for the puck and collide with someone..if he falls its a penalty, but when Im skating across the neutral zone with my hand in the air, looking up to grab the flying puck, and a dude goes out of his way to put his shoulder into my gut, flipping me over completely its all in good fun and the refs let it go. One time we were changing on the fly and the puck came and hit a player on the opposing team in the foot and the ref calls too many men on us because he said I played the puck. Its just garbage calls like this that make me mad, and some of the refs will be complete *******s about it, too. They have really ****** attitudes. My friend got a 4 minute unsportsmanlike penalty for saying to a ref, "I know you have friends on the other team, but you gotta call it at least somewhat fair."

No I barreled into like 5 people, bumping and not letting them get through the neutral zone without running into a body, aka mine. I'll play a rough game but making it look like coincidental contract is an art. But then I went into the boards to get a puck and leveled the guy and got called for it. Meh, it happens.

On another note I dropped back to defense and got another penalty for slashing because I chopped out the guys legs on a slight breakaway when I was trying to poke the puck. My team gave up a bad turnover and I had to take a bad penalty. But there were only 4 penalties called all game which is low for our league, they really let us play. I hope they show up for every one of my remaining games. Still, our two penalties were because my team retaliated after a hit, which is pissing me off, because this team Knubles Power Play opportunities like it's their job.

ArchieIsGod 04-28-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stafuccijr (Post 19318877)
Ha, I know your team. We will be playing you this season. We are the WG Snipers. Last season I joined without my own squad and was on the awesome "Team Tim" I think our only victory of the season was against you in a shootout. Thanks!

yea i remember that game...ill be looking forward to playing you again this season im #71. we can start up a friendly rivalry...

JSTAFF 04-28-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArchieIsGod (Post 19325862)
yea i remember that game...ill be looking forward to playing you again this season im #71. we can start up a friendly rivalry...

im #77, ill say whats up