HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   WHC: Higgins To Play For USA, Koivu Will Not Play For Finland (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=635848)

xduckiex 04-24-2009 02:51 PM

WHC: Higgins To Play For USA, Koivu Will Not Play For Finland
 
I didn't see a WHC thread, if there is one, please merge or if this is already posted, please delete :)

Koivu did not pass the medical with an abdominal injury, having tests to find out if he requires surgery.

Link:
http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-wo...ash=cd1704dc4e

Gary320 04-24-2009 02:54 PM

That's good for Higgins.

Just for a recap.

Also Kovalev wasnt invited, but said would say no anyway.
Plekanec was invited, asked why they would need him with the season he had, decided to go anyway.

12jf54 04-24-2009 02:56 PM

Good for him :handclap:

No Komi :sarcasm:

montreal 04-24-2009 02:56 PM

So Koivu's injury is bad enough that he can't play in the WC's, what a ****ing year it's been for injuries. :shakehead


So the WC's could look something like,

USA- Higgins,

Slovakia- Halak

Czech- Plekanec

Belarus- A.Kostitsyn, S.Kostitsyn

Russia- Markov?, Perezhogin, Korneev (in reserve)

holyhabs87 04-24-2009 02:57 PM

hopefully higgins continues his strong play.

saku knocking chara off pucks even injured! what a beast

xduckiex 04-24-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtlloveslucic (Post 19263720)
So Koivu's injury is bad enough that he can't play in the WC's, what a ****ing year it's been for injuries. :shakehead


So the WC's could look something like,

USA- Higgins,

Slovakia- Halak

Czech- Plekanec

Belarus- A.Kostitsyn, S.Kostitsyn

Russia- Markov?, Perezhogin, Korneev (in reserve)

I would rather see Markov not play. I'm sure he really wants to but I wouldn't want him to risk making his injury worse/reinjuring himself.

waffledave 04-24-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xduckiex (Post 19263784)
I would rather see Markov not play. I'm sure he really wants to but I wouldn't want him to risk making his injury worse/reinjuring himself.

He had a concussion from what I heard, so really, it's one of those things where once it's better, there isn't really a risk to re-injure himself (at least, not like a knee or groin injury).

Mustafa* 04-24-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xduckiex (Post 19263784)
I would rather see Markov not play. I'm sure he really wants to but I wouldn't want him to risk making his injury worse/reinjuring himself.

Last year he was injured but words were they told him to play, otherwise he wouldn't be on the Olympic roster.

xduckiex 04-24-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 19263995)
He had a concussion from what I heard, so really, it's one of those things where once it's better, there isn't really a risk to re-injure himself (at least, not like a knee or groin injury).

I didn't know it was a concussion, I thought it was a knee injury. In that case he should play if he's better.

waffledave 04-24-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xduckiex (Post 19264122)
I didn't know it was a concussion, I thought it was a knee injury. In that case he should play if he's better.

Well, I don't think the official story is a concussion, but that's the story that's going around my work...And Markov was here yesterday.

Kimota 04-24-2009 03:32 PM

Hilarous: when the Czech Republic called Plekanec to play for their country he was surprised and said:"what do you called me, I sucked all season?". Poor kid, at least he takes it personaly.

Mustafa* 04-24-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xduckiex (Post 19264122)
I didn't know it was a concussion, I thought it was a knee injury. In that case he should play if he's better.

It is a knee injury, there could be a concusion also, but he defenitly had a knee injury. I saw a video of him and Lang practicing during the serie he was in pain because if his knee.

Habsterix* 04-24-2009 03:37 PM

Very happy for Higgins! :handclap:

TheCH* 04-24-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 19264265)
Well, I don't think the official story is a concussion, but that's the story that's going around my work...And Markov was here yesterday.

He did looked dazed after the hit so i wouldn't doubt he was concussed. CBC also reported that he looked to be favoring his right knee when skating this past week. I wouldn't doubt he has those 2 injuries..

Whitesnake 04-24-2009 03:54 PM

Again, no Kostys, at least from CKAC and Michel Villeneuve.

xduckiex 04-24-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCH (Post 19264551)
He did looked dazed after the hit so i wouldn't doubt he was concussed. CBC also reported that he looked to be favoring his right knee when skating this past week. I wouldn't doubt he has those 2 injuries..

He always looks dazed :laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.