HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   News Article: Lauren Hart to miss Game 6 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=635897)

GKJ 04-24-2009 05:28 PM

Lauren Hart to miss Game 6

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app?artic...e&service=page

She and her husband will be traveling to Ethiopia to adopt their first child. Instead, the Flyers will show a video of her and Kate Smith performing God Bless America (as opposed to Kate Smith's video and Lauren Hart performing live).

freakydallas13 04-24-2009 05:31 PM

ruh roh

FlyLife 04-24-2009 05:32 PM

Well I guess that is a good excuse..

ForsbergIsOdin 04-24-2009 05:33 PM

Why a ****ing Ethiopian baby? I thought asian babies were all the rage.

mercury 04-24-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin (Post 19265696)
Why a ****ing Ethiopian baby? I thought asian babies were all the rage.

Ethiopian babies eat less.

FlyLife 04-24-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 19265708)

Starvin Marvin!
http://media.southparkstudios.com/me...rvinmarvin.gif

RoDu 04-24-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

is it wrong that I laughed?

Miss Mess 04-24-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff VanRichards (Post 19265730)

:laugh: awful

hahah

Opus 04-24-2009 05:50 PM

There just isn't much loyalty in professional sports these days. A wonderful tradition broken.

Sawdalite 04-24-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 19265644)
http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app?artic...e&service=page

She and her husband will be traveling to Ethiopia to adopt their first child. Instead, the Flyers will show a video of her and Kate Smith performing God Bless America (as opposed to Kate Smith's video and Lauren Hart performing live).

Best wishes and congratulations to Lauren and her hubby... A new Flyers fan is on the way. :handclap:

FlyersCup08 04-24-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDu (Post 19265767)
is it wrong that I laughed?

Me too:laugh:

Claude28Giroux 04-24-2009 06:13 PM

They should have someone there singing it live....

TheDrizzle81 04-24-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

thats ****ed up. LMFAO.

Sawdalite 04-24-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCannon (Post 19266230)
They should have someone there singing it live....

I'd rather not... If they win, people might want that singer to return; if they are eliminated, people will blame the replacement singer... No win situation, IMO. ;)

Safe bet is taped Kate and Lauren.

dr.rosenrosen 04-24-2009 06:42 PM

if something bad happens it's her fault. and there goes her title of being the #1 anthemist in hockey.

SeanL44 04-24-2009 06:48 PM

Some people on the Flyers board know I work with some schools in Uganda and Lauren Hart has been a large part of that in the last year, in fact her last CD saw 25% (i think, might be more or less) of the profits donated to some worthy organizations (including mine). And if I'm not mistaken, her husband runs some coffee shops where some of the money is donated as well.

Good luck Lauren! We'll miss you terribly at game 6!

Sawdalite 04-24-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanL44 (Post 19266910)
Some people on the Flyers board know I work with some schools in Uganda and Lauren Hart has been a large part of that in the last year, in fact her last CD saw 25% (i think, might be more or less) of the profits donated to some worthy organizations (including mine). And if I'm not mistaken, her husband runs some coffee shops where some of the money is donated as well.

Good luck Lauren! We'll miss you terribly at game 6!

Tell me, ... do you feel a bit betrayed by here going with an Ethiopian rather than a Ugandan? Is it possible that they offered better throw ins... like a bassinet or dressing table with each adoption? ;)

JK... I admire the work of people such as yourself... Kudos. :handclap:

dr.rosenrosen 04-24-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersJunky (Post 19267033)
Tell me, ... do you feel a bit betrayed by here going with an Ethiopian rather than a Ugandan? Is it possible that they offered better throw ins... like a bassinet or dressing table with each adoption? ;)

i feel betrayed that she is going to miss the game tomorrow. can't she adopt a baby on her own time.

SeanL44 04-24-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersJunky (Post 19267033)

Haha, I have a feeling the adoption process is much easier in Ethiopia where they really do need to 'get people out' as opposed to Uganda which is, since Idi Amin left, one of the more stable countries in Africa.

TheDrizzle81 04-24-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.rosenrosen (Post 19267091)
i feel betrayed that she is going to miss the game tomorrow. can't she adopt a baby on her own time.

LMFAO. This thread has had some good posts.

Black Ice 04-24-2009 07:35 PM

Aww, that's sweet, good luck to Lauren and her husband.

If I'd known she wanted a black kid I would have offered myself. I'm already potty trained.;)

JLHockeyKnight 04-24-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.rosenrosen (Post 19267091)

It's not like a shopping market where you can go and have your pick of the litter. There's paperwork that needs to be done, and when they call you, you HAVE to go.

Sawdalite 04-24-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight (Post 19267713)
It's not like a shopping market where you can go and have your pick of the litter. There's paperwork that needs to be done, and when they call you, you HAVE to go.

I believe you are mistaking a shopping market with a puppy mill or kennel... The litter at supermarkets are usually found in the Kitty aisle.

Lauren has a dog already -- 'Flyer', IIRC -- They probably want a kid now to give to their dog as a pet.

Seriously,... I'm guessing that you are correct; when they say jump, they have to ask, "How high?".

phlocky 04-24-2009 08:15 PM

I believe that she had cancer a few years ago and maybe she can't have kids of her own. I don't know if that's the reason for adoption but it really doesn't matter, what they are doing is a wonderful thing. Congrats to her, her hubby, and their new child. I wish all the family well.

BTW, I always had a little crush on her. I always though she was very pretty and seemed to be a very sweet person in real life. I'm happy for her as she seems to be a genuinely good person at heart.

Edit: Hmm, thinking about it now it really wasn't a crush, it was more admiration of her that I had. I think that better discribes it.

flyguy 04-24-2009 08:30 PM

Well, as much as I love Lauren Hart, they lost on Tuesday when she sung. Maybe this will turn out good.;) I still think it's funny they'll be showing a video of Lauren Hart singing with a video of Kate Smith. I really hope someday they make a video of that video. :laugh: