HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ryder's energy pads linemates stats. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=63717)

BJCOLLINS 03-20-2004 09:14 PM

Ryder's energy pads linemates stats.

Mike Riberio was probably in CJ office moments after the game vs Devils begging to play with Ryder. Ribs is good, don't get me wrong but he is so much better when he plays on a line with Ryder. Tonights game is a perfect example of of what Ryder brings; heart, energy & talent which means the players on his line get jacked up. That second line tonite looked lost, talent is great to have but its hard work thats needed now (with the playoffs around the corner) more than ever.
I think that Kovy, Ribs & Ryder will be a force in the playoffs, CJ would be a fool to mess with a winning formula. The experiment Dags is better to have around than Audette....but he has to stay away from the top 6 forward positions. By the way I thought Komi palyed great with Souray, hint hint.

Mooch 03-20-2004 09:30 PM

I think Daganais had to stay away all together. Hes getting worse and worse.

jcpenny 03-20-2004 11:13 PM

I loved those lines at the end of the game.

Bulis-Koivu-Zed

Kovalev-Ribs-Ryder

I dont know where was perrault at the end but he was invisible all night anyways...

Habruti! 03-20-2004 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny
I loved those lines at the end of the game.

Bulis-Koivu-Zed

Kovalev-Ribs-Ryder

I dont know where was perrault at the end but he was invisible all night anyways...

Well I do not like Dagenais Either but it seems to me that Ryder produces well on just about any line he is on. I personally think that for next year a line made of Bulis, Higgins and Ryder would sound pretty cool to my ears....

I think at this point it does not really make a difference if we are finishing 5th or 6th as we will face one of Boston, Philly, Tampa-Bay, Toronto or Ottawa and frankly I am not sure which one I would wish for....

I think it is good that we know who is willing to dance come playoff time....

Crusher20 03-20-2004 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
I think Daganais had to stay away all together. Hes getting worse and worse.

Oh boy does he suck, he doesnt even TRY! when he doesnt have the puck he just stays there floating away of any circulation of the ice, what a whimp, he can only shot and he does shot from anywhere. get him out of here! he is just a wannabe.

s7ark 03-21-2004 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS
Mike Riberio was probably in CJ office moments after the game vs Devils begging to play with Ryder. Ribs is good, don't get me wrong but he is so much better when he plays on a line with Ryder. Tonights game is a perfect example of of what Ryder brings; heart, energy & talent which means the players on his line get jacked up.

Would you believe that I tried to include this arguement on top of statistical merit a couple of days ago (in the Ryder for Calder thread), and no one seemed impressed? Everyone was all about "Raycroft is the Bruins MVP, etc", and I partially agreed with that. Some of them didn't even think Ryder was close to him in merit. I guess you'd agree that Ryder (on top of his statistical prowess) has impressive enough intangibles to take into consideration.

jonny5 03-21-2004 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7ark
Would you believe that I tried to include this arguement on top of statistical merit a couple of days ago (in the Ryder for Calder thread), and no one seemed impressed? Everyone was all about "Raycroft is the Bruins MVP, etc", and I partially agreed with that. Some of them didn't even think Ryder was close to him in merit. I guess you'd agree that Ryder (on top of his statistical prowess) has impressive enough intangibles to take into consideration.

One point I would like to make is that during the season posters would talk about how Ryder was doing so great and scoring points was because he played on the first line and on the power play. Because he played with Koivu and Zednik. Well, over the past two games against the Devils he has played extremely well. I think he has shown that he is a very good player himself (not taking away from Bulis and Dowd) and that it was not only because of his linemates he was scoring points. Ryder has the capability of creating his own scoring chances. Michael Ryder can play on any given line, and he carries that enormous energy and everlasting work ethic with him, which just carries over to his linemates. In my books, he is already "Rookie of the Year", and most importantly, he plays for the MONTREAL CANADIENS!!!!!

s7ark 03-21-2004 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny5
... In my books, he is already "Rookie of the Year", and most importantly, he plays for the MONTREAL CANADIENS!!!!!

Word! :yo:

jcpenny 03-21-2004 08:47 AM

For some who thought that he's only asset was his shot (Bruins Haters), i hope they saw him Deke the crap out of the devils defensemen all night long especially one in the first period that went unoticed cuz he didnt got a hance to shoot and i think that Niedermyer was the victim again.

Crusher20 03-21-2004 12:23 PM

Quote:

For some who thought that he's only asset was his shot (Bruins Haters), i hope they saw him Deke the crap out of the devils defensemen all night long especially one in the first period that went unoticed cuz he didnt got a hance to shoot and i think that Niedermyer was the victim again.

Ryder is underated big time as far a stickhandling is concern, he didnt seem to use it at the begining of the season but as confidence rises so his ability to deke anyone.. before i actually saw him being able to do this i always tought he would be a great player but not a star, but i'm reajusting my evaluation, he might have franchise player in him. the puck is always on his stick, damn we have a incredible player in him, we have an awsome team guys, Ryder and Ribeiro first in scoring and Barely 23 years old. with a team that got 40 wins!???

trivia question: when is the last time the habs had the 2 best scorer of the team with less than 24 years old? really i wonder, i have no idea. does anyone know that???

Daniella27 03-21-2004 12:33 PM

Yeah, Michael Ryder is a very good player; how long is his contract for, isnt it only for a year? if so, do you think he will be coming back next year? I think he would, he has really been a big part of the team this season, I really dont see why he wouldnt be coming back next season.

Les Zarbites 03-21-2004 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniella27
Yeah, Michael Ryder is a very good player; how long is his contract for, isnt it only for a year? if so, do you think he will be coming back next year? I think he would, he has really been a big part of the team this season, I really dont see why he wouldnt be coming back next season.

Ryder is a restricted free agent. If he wanted to leave he would have to ask for a trade. With Julien on board I don't see him doing that.

Dynasty 03-21-2004 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS
Mike Riberio was probably in CJ office moments after the game vs Devils begging to play with Ryder. Ribs is good, don't get me wrong but he is so much better when he plays on a line with Ryder. Tonights game is a perfect example of of what Ryder brings; heart, energy & talent which means the players on his line get jacked up. That second line tonite looked lost, talent is great to have but its hard work thats needed now (with the playoffs around the corner) more than ever.
I think that Kovy, Ribs & Ryder will be a force in the playoffs, CJ would be a fool to mess with a winning formula. The experiment Dags is better to have around than Audette....but he has to stay away from the top 6 forward positions. By the way I thought Komi palyed great with Souray, hint hint.

You are so right on that it's scary!...Ryder can make that 3rd line good but he can make the second line just awesome!...The 2nd line without Ryder on it is not as good as the 3rd was last night. With Ryder on that 2nd line opposing teams have to pay him attention because otherwise he'll burn them big time. Thus, Ryder will create some extra time and space for Ribeiro to perform his magic and vice versa if they pay extra attention to Ribeiro then Ryder will have extra time and space to destroy the opposition. Where does this leave Kovalev?? No one can question that the guy has incredible talent, but in order for this talent to be effective he has to have much more grit along the boards. And if Kovi plays like this then this line would be truely awesome and something special IMHO!!!

EaGLE1 03-21-2004 01:36 PM

We have to keep the two punch line recipe. Yeah, the third line was good for last two game but our 2nd line sucked.It's not better.

A line with Bulis-Dowd-Sundstrom is excellent too. Offensive + Shut down!

Les Zarbites 03-21-2004 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EaGLE1
We have to keep the two punch line recipe. Yeah, the third line was good for last two game but our 2nd line sucked.It's not better.

A line with Bulis-Dowd-Sundstrom is excellent too. Offensive + Shut down!

Altough I get the feeling lpeople won't welcome this idea well a solution could be :

Perreault-Koivu-Zednik
Sundstrom-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Bulis-Dowd-Ryder
Langdon-Bégin-Ward

1st line : well they're clicking right now..

2nd line : Sunny has already played with great players like Forsberg, Naslund and Gretzky. He is capable offensively and defensively. He could cover up for Ribs and Kovalev.

3rd line : i just like them

4th line : Langdon to be replaced by either one of Juneau or Dackell if we don't need an enforcer with Bégin and Ward skating with Bulis and sundstrom as the game wears on.

jacklours 03-21-2004 02:11 PM

I use to think people were too hard on Dagenais, but I didn't really had the chance to see him play. Some posters were saying : Well, he scores, keep him in the lineup. I agreed with them, after seeing him too often in the past 2 weeks, I believe he is way too lazy to play in the NHL, he doens't really try to do anything really. All he does is float aroud. That second line yesterday was just plain horrible. All of them were just floating around for 1:30 minutes. Putting Ryder on that second line kinda forces Ribeiro to skate harder I feel since he has to follow Ryder. Also, adding a hard working player would kinda cover for the lazyness of Ribeiro and Kovalev. That is if Ryder wants to play with them. If I was him, I would rather play with Bulis and Begin and Dowd and Ward, since them guys work.

jcpenny 03-21-2004 10:25 PM

I think that i'm alone on this but id still prefer to se bulis with Koivu, Ryder ith Ribeiro and Dagenais and Perrault out. I know that Perrault was big for us lately but he's still slow and soft and disapear in physical games. Bulis makes the Koivu line Quicker, stronger and less vunerable defensivly. Ryder will give that physical presence and skill that Kovalev and ribs need.

s7ark 03-22-2004 12:57 AM

Quote:

I think that i'm alone on this but id still prefer to se bulis with Koivu, Ryder ith Ribeiro and Dagenais and Perrault out. I know that Perrault was big for us lately but he's still slow and soft and disapear in physical games. Bulis makes the Koivu line Quicker, stronger and less vunerable defensivly. Ryder will give that physical presence and skill that Kovalev and ribs need.

Funny you should mention that... I have him with Koivu and Zednik on my first line in nhl 2004, and they kick a$$. My second line of Kovalev, Ribs and Ryder does well, too. Begin, Dowd and Sunny make up the third, and my fourth line of Dackell, Perreault and Ward gits 'er done. Maybe I just rule at nhl 2004? I wonder if we'll see these lines before the end of the season?

Highlander 03-22-2004 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolution
Sundstrom-Ribeiro-Kovalev

2nd line : Sunny has already played with great players like Forsberg, Naslund and Gretzky. He is capable offensively and defensively. He could cover up for Ribs and Kovalev.

Good point. I was wondering about this the other day. Sunny has great Defensive attributes, but he does have offensive skills. I wonder if Sunny & Alex would 'klick' on the ice. A little late in the year to be trying new line combos, but it might be worth the try.

s7ark 03-23-2004 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highlander
Good point. I was wondering about this the other day. Sunny has great Defensive attributes, but he does have offensive skills. I wonder if Sunny & Alex would 'klick' on the ice. A little late in the year to be trying new line combos, but it might be worth the try.

On the contrary, I'd almost expect to see if before the end of the season simply because we haven't yet. This is Julien's tinkering period, and if anything makes even a shred of sense, he'll try just so he knows. That's one of the things that has me excited to see who he starts the playoffs with, and where.