HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Montreal Morons (Scott Morganroth Blog) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=637224)

ScottFC 04-28-2009 02:15 PM

Montreal Morons (Scott Morganroth Blog)

I just recently saw this blog and I am Basically speechless at how moronic his comments are about the Montreal Canadiens & it's fans

http://www.detroitsportsbroadcasters...rganroth-blog/

Best part has to be:

"The perception of Montreal by todays players is that your area is viewed as Hockey’s version of Siberia and they know the national television exposure and mega endorsement deals in Montreal are lacking."

Ozymandias 04-28-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sferreira123 (Post 19323482)
I just recently saw this blog and I am Basically speechless at how moronic his comments are about the Montreal Canadiens & it's fans

Best part has to be:

"The perception of Montreal by todays players is that your area is viewed as Hockey’s version of Siberia and they know the national television exposure and mega endorsement deals in Montreal are lacking."

WTH????

I have only one example to give this guy to show HOW ridiculous is statement is.

Sidney Crosby, 17, still in the Q, hasn't been draftted yet, signs one of the biggest hockey player endorsement deals with Reebok.

Patrick Roy Gatorade. Theodore, so many deals...

Le Tricolore 04-28-2009 02:30 PM

Heh, based on the line you posted I won't bother giving the article any more hits.

ScottFC 04-28-2009 02:32 PM

It's on Habsinsideout.com also

Habsolutely 04-28-2009 02:34 PM

That article doesn't deserve our attention, otherwise, the author would win.

GoshGorgeous 04-28-2009 02:47 PM

Montreal Morons (Scott Morganroth Blog)

Wow, read this!!!!

hototogisu 04-28-2009 03:19 PM

I read the first line.

Quote:

When I heard that the Montreal Canadiens fans booed “The Star Spangled Banner” before Game Three of the Eastern Conference Quarter Finals against the Boston Bruins at the Bell Centre on April 20, I was sick to my stomach.
And hit the x.

Any idiot who still feigns moral outrage over people booing a song at an entertainment event isn't worth anyone's time.

Not that I support it in any way shape or form but seriously...it happens. It's happened before, it'll happen again. It happens in Canada, America, Mexico, and Uzbekistan. Get over it.

overlords 04-28-2009 03:31 PM

Morganroth? Sounds like a villain from LOTR.

icerocket 04-28-2009 03:35 PM

I love this part too

"It made me want to edit the Canadian National Anthem from “Oh Canada” to “No Canada” because they disrespected a neighbor, who would protect them during an international conflict."

Hahahaha. God there are so many things wrong with that I don't even know where to start.

7th Player 04-28-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 19324823)

http://www.fordite.com/Images/Fordit...f%20gollum.jpg

Megaforce 04-28-2009 03:37 PM

I clicked on this thread because I thought it was about the Montreal Maroons. What a disappointment.

icerocket 04-28-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megaforce (Post 19324928)
I clicked on this thread because I thought it was about the Montreal Maroons. What a disappointment.

"Montreal was a city that had another franchise back in the 1930’s named the Maroons. On April 20, the fans in the Bell Centre were named the Montreal Morons."

So it wasn't a complete waste. :)

Newhabfan 04-28-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 19324823)

I think it's Morgoth your thinking about (from The Silmarilion), let's just say that big bad Sauron was his lackey :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgoth

Anyway - I always tell my little girl that it's not right to make fun of people's names - like calling Réjean - Rejaune or calling Jack Todd - Jack Toad.

Ozymandias 04-28-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newhabfan (Post 19325042)
I think it's Morgoth your thinking about (from The Silmarilion), let's just say that big bad Sauron was his lackey :)

Anyway - I always tell my little girl that it's not right to make fun of people's names - like calling Réjean - Rejaune or calling Jack Todd - Jack Toad.

Do as I say, not as I do? ;)

Pascal 04-28-2009 04:37 PM

Oh, so it's ok for Americans to chant "USA, USA, USA!!!" though. Typical one-sided view of things.

No, it doesn't excuse the couple of hundreds morons who did boo the anthem, but he acts as if ppl in Boston were angels.

imnothere 04-28-2009 04:39 PM

So, he's blaming an entire city for 1000 idiots in the arena ? Good thinking.

BBrowser 04-28-2009 04:40 PM

Quote from the article :

The Boston Bruins and Canadiens have indeed had many contested battles since they’re both original six teams however, to boo the other countries national anthem is crossing the line between politics and sports.

No. That line is crossed when they PLAY the anthems at sporting events. When will the NHL understand that we watch pro sports to ESCAPE real life, not to celebrate it. Stop playing the anthems all together, it makes no sense.

Pascal 04-28-2009 04:41 PM

i couldn't help but post a comment:

First, not everyone booed the anthem. It was a handful of idiots only out of thousands, and millions more watching from home that also thought it was an idiotic gesture. Don't dump us all into the same basket.

2nd, it's convenient how you don't talk about the Boston fans who chanted "USA! USA! USA!" when the Habs played them there. I wasn't insulted by it, I just thought they also sounded like morons. It seems like Americans love to do this in any sporting event where it's "Us against the World". Forget that half their roster is Canadian, which makes them look even more stupid.

3rd, your article reeks of hatred and pure bias because you were offended by a couple of stupid fans. It makes you look like a bush league sports writer. Because of that, I'll say "No Morganroth". And I assume the big media outlets will too, especially in Detroit where "big endorsements are lacking for bad journalists."

overlords 04-28-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newhabfan (Post 19325042)

Haha, i was wondering if someone would catch the reference, props. :handclap:

Artyukhin* 04-28-2009 04:51 PM

many time to stop singing the national anthems atleast in Montreal if they cant be respected .

have the players still line up on the blue line BUT

replace the anthems with a USA USA USA chant (pre recorded)for like 5 seconds long

that way boo all you like no one gets offended .

then follow up with a Go CANADA GO chant for 5 seconds, everyone cheers were all happy

la25ecoupe 04-28-2009 04:53 PM

He'll get plenty of hits for his testicle..

gillyguzzler 04-28-2009 04:59 PM

The idiots that booed are certainly morons but it'll be a cold day in Hell when an American can give Canadians diplomatic advice.

beowulf 04-28-2009 05:55 PM

Draft of my response to him:
You cannot really be this clueless are you? Taking a the fact a few idiots booed your national anthem? Talk about generalizing a whole fan base and city based on a few bad apples. If you actually watched the game you would have seen that the cheers ended up being louder then the jeers.

Your comments makes you sound like the stereotypical ignorant American with a superiority complex, "We are the best, all should bow down to the United States of America". Sorry buddy it does not work that way. At least I know you are in the minority.

Montreal is not viewed as a legitimate sports town by all sports fans in North America? Since when? You are talking for a very large base of people and I am pretty darn sure your wrong. Sure the Expos ended up leaving but only after being screwed by a players strike, an AMERICAN art dealer owner and the Selig and MLB. Have they done any better in Washington? So far they are drawing worst then the Expos ever did (http://www.bizofbaseball.com/index.p...tch&Itemid=136). In fact they had a game earlier this season I believe in which just above 6000 people showed up. The multi-million dollar ball park that was built has been filled at 47% capacity so far this season, nothing to write home about.

Funny how you mention the two failed CFL teams but nothing about the fact that the current version plays to sell-out after sell-out and is a model for other CFL and even NFL franchises in the way it markets itself and its players are part of the community. You might say they only play in a stadium the seats under 30,000 fans but when the play at the big O they place it packed to capacity as shown by the over 66,000 that attended the 2008 Grey Cup, something many NFL teams would love to see.

What about the Montreal Impact and they run to the CONCACAF quarter finals? They are constantly sold out and have a winning pedigree to boot, beating teams during their run to the quarter finals that nobody gave them a chance against.

Your an American from Motor City so you must know that NASCAR has also had success here in the last couple of years...right? Even F1 seems to have seen the error of their ways and are already talking about coming back at the end of this season or next season for sure.

Far from a drought of sporting events there....this of course is not including the cycling events and marathon that happen in Montreal. Also every time Montreal holds an international level event it is a success as the 2005 Fina event was, it was the first one to come to mind.

Not only have you made yourself look stupid and ignorant by forgetting the above, you compound it by going on to saying "Does anybody in the USA care or know anything about Hockey Night In Canada?
With the exception of the NHL Finals and a marquee match-up in the playoffs, you won’t see a Canadian based team on NBC. The Detroit Red Wings, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Flyers, New York Rangers, Boston Bruins, Washington Capitals, New Jersey Devils, Chicago Blackhawks and Colorado Avalanche have been the primary teams featured on the game of the week."
Well I can counter with a statement that no Canadian gives a crap about NBC or Vs. Oh, btw I know more then a few Americans that prefer to watch Hockey Night in Canada. The show is called Hockey Night in Canada for a reason, it is hockey by Canadians for Canadians and it brings in more revenue to the league then NBC and Vs combined.

You then go on to bash all Canadian teams with the following "While Canada’s hockey tradition speaks for itself, the Winnipeg Jets and Quebec Nordiques moved south of the border to Phoenix, AZ and Denver because they couldn’t survive north of the border. Over the years, the Ottawa Senators and Edmonton Oilers have struggled financially. There are only six Canadian based teams with the Senators, Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs in the Eastern Conference while the Oilers, Calgary Flames and Vancouver Canucks compete in the Western Conference."

Well last time I checked Phoenix is having some major issues, Pittsburgh was about to fold and where saved by a good old Canadian boy named Crosby, Nashville (had to buy some of their own tickets to meet revenue sharing requirements) is in trouble just to list a couple of the US "success" stories.....

Funny thing is you do not realize that the six Canadian teams carry this league. At this time, and for the last couple of seasons, the six lowly Canadian teams have brought in about 1/3 of the league gate revenue....6 vs 24 US based teams and the bring in a third of the $1.1 billion (U.S.) in league ticket revenue. Wow for the mighty USA!

Another one of your pearls of wisdom, "The perception of Montreal by todays players is that your area is viewed as Hockey’s version of Siberia and they know the national television exposure and mega endorsement deals in Montreal are lacking."

Since when? Montreal has a huge deal with RDS here, all 82 of their games are on TV on top of being sold out at home. This of course does not include the exposure on TSN and CBC...wait they don't matter they are not US based.

Seems to me that you are just an insecure little whiner who is pissed because his anthem was booed, big deal, there are worst things in the world like a certain war in Iraq or the fact that the city of Detroit and the state of Michigan are in trouble and will continue to be so as the supposed big 3 automakers continue to stumble. Maybe you should worry more about that then the booing of a national anthem.

Team_Spirit 04-28-2009 05:55 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_t2nB7neKRx...eb+22+2007.jpg

'They were burining flags outside and ******** on Obama's picture' yall! , LETS INVADE THAT PATHETIC COUNTRY CNN FOR EVAHHHH' - Scott Morganroth

BeBen* 04-28-2009 06:18 PM

Guys are you freaking dumb? That guy is 100% right...We are a disgrace to the world, not only the world of sports but the whole freaking badaboum planet

:sarcasm: just to make sure

Fix'd : im an idiot (if someone was about to do this)