HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   OT: Official Adult Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=638081)

Rem 04-30-2009 04:38 PM

Official Adult Hockey League Talk

I figure it would be easier if we use this to talk about our league games and rink talk.

Nem, Wild, can we sticky this?

Pure Rock Fury* 04-30-2009 04:43 PM

I've decided to come out of retirement in the next couple weeks after having not stepped foot on the ice in almost 4 years.

I'm both excited for it and dreading it at the same time.

DarKarTs 04-30-2009 05:15 PM

this is a pretty decent idea...

YouJustGotPavelskied 04-30-2009 05:18 PM

I would love to get into a league but theres no damn ice rinks anywhere near.. I guess roller hockey will do :cry:

TheGooooch 04-30-2009 05:26 PM

Good idea REM.

I might go to Gretzky tomorrow. But I might play some roller pick up in order to get a little conditioning. I don't think I am quite at the ice pick up level yet (or at least where I want to be in order to play it)

Karl with a C 04-30-2009 05:43 PM

I'm in my roller playoffs right now @ Rollin Ice... Won last night in overtime.

TheGooooch 04-30-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperArchetype (Post 19361635)
I'm in my roller playoffs right now @ Rollin Ice... Won last night in overtime.

Nice, I have missed my last couple games there due to ice and school. What are you playing over there? Nights? I play d-5 Sundays

Lee Van Cleef* 04-30-2009 06:18 PM

Wish there was hockey where I'm heading... all they have is Aussie Rules Football and Rugby. :(

TheGooooch 04-30-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef (Post 19362118)
Wish there was hockey where I'm heading... all they have is Aussie Rules Football and Rugby. :(

yeah, I was never a football person or rugby for that matter (aside from watching it).

I played basketball, baseball and soccer up until high school. Started hockey a couple years before high school and it eventually took over all my time.

one2gamble 04-30-2009 06:48 PM

errr I play in the beginner roller league at water city in marina :(

Rem 04-30-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Rock Fury (Post 19360863)
I've decided to come out of retirement in the next couple weeks after having not stepped foot on the ice in almost 4 years.

I'm both excited for it and dreading it at the same time.

awesome! When I started 3 years ago I barely knew how to skate. At least you'll have some foundation! :yo:

Rem 04-30-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGooooch (Post 19361419)
Good idea REM.

I might go to Gretzky tomorrow. But I might play some roller pick up in order to get a little conditioning. I don't think I am quite at the ice pick up level yet (or at least where I want to be in order to play it)

god I wish I could hit up more Gretzky hours. I'm gonna have to ditch work one of these days and go to one. Other than my games, I try to at least play pickup once a week.

TheGooooch 04-30-2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT (Post 19363148)
god I wish I could hit up more Gretzky hours. I'm gonna have to ditch work one of these days and go to one. Other than my games, I try to at least play pickup once a week.

you were the one who told me about the pickup you play I believe (can't check my pm's).

I am going to start playing pick up soon but I just want to be at a certain level first.

Rem 04-30-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGooooch (Post 19363161)
you were the one who told me about the pickup you play I believe (can't check my pm's).

I am going to start playing pick up soon but I just want to be at a certain level first.

yeah I was. Don't worry about your level, trust me. There's a few of them who go to the session I told you about that can hardly skate and/or puck handle. You'll catch up WAY faster when you scrimmage.

MrCowGod15 04-30-2009 07:49 PM

Good call with the separate thread, REM.

I can haz stiky?

TheGooooch 04-30-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT (Post 19363202)
yeah I was. Don't worry about your level, trust me. There's a few of them who go to the session I told you about that can hardly skate and/or puck handle. You'll catch up WAY faster when you scrimmage.

yeah, I have been practicing a bunch during the Gretzky's lately and will probably start playing pick ups next week. Maybe I will play in that one next week

SharkXJ 04-30-2009 08:07 PM

:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGooooch (Post 19363312)
yeah, I have been practicing a bunch during the Gretzky's lately and will probably start playing pick ups next week. Maybe I will play in that one next week

I played lunch time dropin today and trust me (no offense to anyone here) none of us on this thread can keep up with 3/4's of the guys out there. All ex college, home from college or just straight bad ass hockey players. They were only playing at 1/2 speed and still whooped ass.... I play DD at Logitech Ice and I am ok at that level, but playing against these guys makes me feel like an EEE player.

So, don't worry about getting your level of play up. It's more about skating and trying to work on things you wouldn't do in a game. There is no real "team" play at drop in's anyways. If you play D, you could work on positioning one on one's, or two on one's. If you are a forward you learn how to be ready for a pass from anywhere :)

Good idea in the thread by the way :handclap:

Pure Rock Fury* 04-30-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT (Post 19363122)
awesome! When I started 3 years ago I barely knew how to skate. At least you'll have some foundation! :yo:

I started playing when I was 5, so hopefully my body hasn't forgotten how to skate at least.

Rickety Cricket 04-30-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Rock Fury (Post 19363678)
I started playing when I was 5, so hopefully my body hasn't forgotten how to skate at least.

The first thing thats gonna be hurting is your lungs.

MetropolisPt31 04-30-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharkXJ (Post 19363505)
:)

I played lunch time dropin today and trust me (no offense to anyone here) none of us on this thread can keep up with 3/4's of the guys out there. All ex college, home from college or just straight bad ass hockey players. They were only playing at 1/2 speed and still whooped ass.... I play DD at Logitech Ice and I am ok at that level, but playing against these guys makes me feel like an EEE player.

So, don't worry about getting your level of play up. It's more about skating and trying to work on things you wouldn't do in a game. There is no real "team" play at drop in's anyways. If you play D, you could work on positioning one on one's, or two on one's. If you are a forward you learn how to be ready for a pass from anywhere :)

Good idea in the thread by the way :handclap:

Those are my favorite pickups, by far. Not that I enjoy getting sniped in every possible way, but I do enjoy the challenge and it helps my footwork and reactions a ton.

Pure Rock Fury* 04-30-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murderin Murphy (Post 19363687)

Believe me, I know. I start sweating after drumming a couple songs in rock band. This isn't going to be pretty.

I'd also be willing to bet my silky smooth hands are now about as smooth as coral.

SJGoalie32 04-30-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef (Post 19362118)

So.......you're headed to hell?

:sarcasm:

TheGooooch 04-30-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Rock Fury (Post 19363732)
Believe me, I know. I start sweating after drumming a couple songs in rock band. This isn't going to be pretty.

I'd also be willing to bet my silky smooth hands are now about as smooth as coral.

Yeah, nothing like hockey to make you realize how out of shape you might be in.

Rem 04-30-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Then your lower back.

and the next day I'm sure your hip flexors and quads will be nice and sore :yo:

MrCowGod15 05-01-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT (Post 19364248)
Then your lower back.

and the next day I'm sure your hip flexors and quads will be nice and sore :yo:

Damn I love this sport! :yo: :laugh: